Dr. Amin Jamal MD Patient Reviews

3.1

September 6th, 2016
Unprofessional in dealing with patience
I will not recommend Dr. Jamal to anyone. He may be a good doctor however he is extremely unprofessional in dealing with patience. He showed no respect to his patience on a simple business matters and acted like the Soup Nazzi ("No Soup for you!"). How dare you question me, go somewhere else. Very unethical and quite shameful :(

February 1st, 2016
Terrible experience
Horrible environment and doctor. The staff was rude unprofessional and the office was SO dirty Ew broken equipment and just a terrible doctor.

January 10th, 2016
long wait, rude staff, okay doctor
The majority of his positive reviews I read on this site do not seem accurate with my experience. Dr. Jamal is an alright endocrinologist but it seems to be saving money by not purchasing new equipment. The waiting room is dirty and the patient rooms make you question his respect for patients. The most terrible part is that he probably saves money by hiring an unprofessional staff. His staff is F grade. I witnessed an elderly lady sitting in the waiting room for 3 hours and when she was called in her knees were stuck and her older husband helped her up not the nurse. Just a truly terrible environment avoid if possible.

August 28th, 2015
I made the appointment early at 9 am. I'm still in the waiting room at 10:25. He is definitely overbooking his appointments.

July 17th, 2015
first rate

May 1st, 2013
I've had enough! !
Office too small . Wait an hour plus. He suggest you might have every disease possible . Does unneeded tests. All I get from him is you need more vitamin D . Even though the lab works shows my levels are not normal keeps me on the same medicine . And say to just skip a day or two if I have chest pain.

March 29th, 2013
probably the worst medical experience ever
Working with this physician was a horrible experience on each of the 3 times I was there. I literally waited 2 hours after my scheduled appointment time on each visit. On my last visit it was so late when I left (8PM) that I was afraid that someone could have done me harm in the desolate building. When I tried to address this with him he blew me off and said he would be there shortly, giving a very insincere apology. The office staff also seemed apathetic to this situation. I'm guessing these long waits are quite normal here. I never felt like he knew what he was talking about. He seemed to be finishing for things to say and remedies to try. The wait could have been worth it if I felt like I was getting the appropriate care I paid for, but I think he was more concerned with making sure you were scheduled for your follow-up visit exactly a certain number of weeks out.

March 11th, 2013
I do not trust this doctor
First, he uses scare tactics and makes unsuspecting patients feel like they may have a condition that is nowhere related to the symptoms presented at the time of visit if you start asking educated and informed questions, he will ask you to try another practice. In my experience with him he has scheduled me for a slew of tests that were unrelated to my condition and was already making a diagnosis from an unrelated test that he ordered - I spent time researching this only to finally call his bluff, and follow up tests at another clinic proved him wrong. Also he sporadically schedules unsuspecting patients for an echo cardiogam every week on Fridays, it almost seems like his office is more interested in making sure the sheet is filled up with as many billable patients as possible, example is when I had decided to move on to another practice and had contacted Dr Jamal's office asking for a transfer of my records, a few weeks later I received a call informing me that Dr Jamal had requested that I have an echo cardiogram, an obvious sign that these tests were not related to follow-ups but rather meeting a target number of patients. In my time visiting him I had done a total of 4 echocardiograms whereas I never presented with any heart related issues. I would not recommend this Dr. to any one. I sometimes wonder if I really needed the surgery on my thyroid, also his office does double and triple booking so that at any given time the wait will usually exceed 30 minutes. My post surgery appointment for final results was a wait of over 1hr. He will also want you to book an appointment to receive test results - unlike other doctors who will simply give you a call or have their nurses call. This practice just stinks of a rat, something is not right. It seems they are more interested in "numbers" and their "billings" i.e getting the most number of billable patients, tests and office visits than they bing interested in the individual's well being.

November 2nd, 2011
Best endocrinologist ever had. I will recommended to family and friends
I will recommended to family and friends. He took a time to discuss with me step by step. He's the one is controling my thyroid, diabetes, etc. I don't have to spend any time at all with his assitant PA because he's doing all questions. He monitoring very closely medications, discuss test result, dubs, etc. I am very happy with him after a long cancer battle.

June 3rd, 2010
need a bigger office and a cleaner office