Dr. Amir Awad MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 3 reviews

March 13th, 2016
Be careful of what you say to this doctor; he doesn’t like to answer questions or explain the rationale behind some of his treatments. He was very offended when I suggested I might seek a second opinion; a competent doctor should not feel threatened by this. Staff had great difficulty understanding my need for a sudden prescription re-fill because I was leaving town, and didn't understand that I couldn't see the doctor until I got back. Apparently that was not acceptable and Dr. Awad told me to leave his practice (fired me). He had put me on medications he insisted I had to take for the rest of my life. There was never any follow-up or guidance in the management of these medications. I subsequently found other gastroenterologists who offered the necessary guidance. I have never been treated by a doctor this poorly. This doctor’s group is assembly-line business production with very little flexibility for the patient. They do a good-enough job for acute care and initial consultancy, but for long-term care I do not recommend them.

December 15th, 2013
Amazing
He was amazing. I had a problem at 1 am and he was there in 10 min.

October 28th, 2013
It was very easy to get me in to see Dr Awad. I'm glad I did. He is a very skilled physician able to comfortably perform the most complicated procedures. I was terrified after learning that I had a lesion on my pancreas. Dr Awad performed a complicated procedure called endoscopic ultra sound, a procedure that only few gastroenterologists are able to perform. He was able to fix my problem. I do recommend him to all my friends.