Dr. Amir Damadi, MD
Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist

Believe the hype! show details Believe the hype!
by Lisa Y on Jun 12th, 2015

Dr Damadi has a great bedside manner. He operated on my husband for Crohn's disease after he was in the hospital for close to a month. He was honest, caring, and highly recommended by every single person we met. He saved Brian's life. He also has a wonderful office staff who are very responsive. We can't say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Damadi and Providence park hospital

Fantastic guy show details Fantastic guy
by Misty Z on Apr 29th, 2015

Dr. Damadi was recommended by our family physician to treat my husbands colon cancer. He was very through, friendly and human. Removed my husbands tumor using robotic technology. He was home in 3 days. He called him at home to check on him after he was let go. Providence Hospital staff were very friendly and caring. Overall we would recommend him to everyone!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Aaron Z on Apr 10th, 2015

Dr. Damadi operated on my son for Crohn's disease. He did a fantastic job!....he is caring and it shows. I would highly recommend him.

Fantastic doctor show details Fantastic doctor
by John C on Apr 4th, 2015

Doctor Damadi removed my tumor from my colon. He was very professional but you can tell he cares. He has a great bed side manner. Everybody we met at the hospital had good things to say about him, from the nursing staff, physician assistants, and residents. He used robotic surgery to remove my cancer and I was out of the hospital in 3 days. Recovery has been fast. I would highly recommend him and have to my family

by B on Mar 2nd, 2015

after what this dude did to my dad I wouldn't let this butcher cut my steaks

Good doctor show details Good doctor
by Brian V on Feb 11th, 2015

Dr. Damadi is wonderful. I have crohn's disease and had seen two other surgeons before him so I'm no stranger to surgery or surgeons. He took care of me at Providence Park hospital. The man is respected by all, well liked by staff and is humble to a fault. I would recommend him to all my family and friends.

Caring and highly recommended show details Caring and highly recommended
by Marion J on Jan 29th, 2015

Dr. Damadi saved my doughter's life! She has severe crohn's disease and was wasting away on steroids, and other medications in the hospital. We were reluctant to do surgery. He was informative, compassionate, patient and never pushy. Despite how sick she was, he did an amazing surgery with cameras and small incison. That was two months ago. As of yesterday, she went back to work, has gained weight back and is back to normal. Dr. Damadi is a humble man. He alwsys deflects attention. I just wanted to thank him for giving me my doughter back.

Excellent and professional show details Excellent and professional
by Don D on Dec 20th, 2014

His staff at Providence colorectal really took care of me. They called, visited me in the hospital and just acted human. Dr. Damadi himself spent time with me, explained everything multiple times, and ultimately did a great job taking out my tumor. I would/have recommended him/staff to my family members and friends.

Good doctor and a wonderful human being show details Good doctor and a wonderful human being
by Marie Z on Oct 1st, 2014

Dr. Damadi cares. Patients matter to him. He took care of my father in law. Removed a rectal tumor using the robot. He explained things well for us, did exactly what he said, visited with my father in law every day and kept us informed. His office staff even came to see him one day.....you can tell these guys like what they do, they are very good at it, and we matter to them.

Highly recommend him show details Highly recommend him
by Steve M on Aug 4th, 2014

He came on a Saturday to help my family and I understand our new challenge. I was diagnosed with colon cancer and was blocked. Doctor Damadi was recommended by the GI specialist. He explain my disease in detail, explained the plan of action. He then did the surgery on Monday. I was in the hospital for three days and recovered well. Very professional, great technique, and wonderful bedside manner. Highly recommend him.

Caring and capable show details Caring and capable
by Allen F on Aug 4th, 2014

Great doctor. Saved my sister's life. Was very through. Recommended by anesthetist that work at Providence. I would recommend him to anybody

Jun 25th, 2014

be extremely careful of this dude and his partner. they're dangerous duo as far as I'm concerned. They did nothing they said they were gonna do except gut me and cause me a ton of problems..

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
by Mary O on Jun 5th, 2014

Dr. Damadi took care of my Dad. Removed his colon cancer. My dad has a lot of medical problems and all of us were worried about surgey. His surgery and recovery went without a hitch and that was because of Dr. Damadi and his team. He is caring, percise, and prepared us well for what to expect. I would recommend him and his team to anybody

Very good exprience show details Very good exprience
by Jas K on Apr 14th, 2014

Dr. Damadi has done the colonoscopy for me and my husband. His office was very good at scheduling us over the phone. He was on time. Explained everything in detail and in terms we both understood. He called us back with results. Overall, I would highly recommend him for any GI issues.

Very Caring show details Very Caring
by Nancy on Apr 12th, 2014

We saw Dr Damadi for a second opinion. He was very caring, explained things in human terms, and ultimately made my family comfortable. He was honest but not cold. After surgery and discharge he called me the next day at home to check up on me. We had a great experience with him and Providence hospital in Novi. Have and will recommend him to my entire family.

Dr. Damadi is great show details Dr. Damadi is great
by Happy husband on Apr 11th, 2014

My wife was diagnosed with rectal cancer and having an 8 year old and a 10 year old we were devastated. She had a Cat scan to see if it had gone elsewhere. Needless to say we were on pins and needles. Dr. Damadi called us literally 20 mintues after the exam and told us the results so we didn't have to go the weekend not knowing. He cares. My wife had surgery a month ago. She was done using cameras and small incisions. She looks now the same as before surgery. It was an early tumor. Dr. Damadi is a great man. He has a great staff and the hospital he works at is top notch.

k show details k
Apr 6th, 2014

all I can say is I don't recommend this guy.

Very good doctor show details Very good doctor
by Sachit G on Mar 12th, 2014

I had a very complicated abscess and was treated by two other surgeons for a year before I was referred to Dr. Damadi by one of the other surgeons. He was honest and caring. I felt comfortable with his honesty. He wouldn't promise a "rose garden". From the beginning he set up plans and then back up plans. He explained them to me and my family. We went through it together and now I'm cured. I haven't been in a hospital for over 3 months. I feel like I have a life again. It's easy to be critical when things go wrong but we must not forget to thank someone who goes the extra mile. Dr. Damadi goes the extra mile. Thank you

Caring and professional show details Caring and professional
by Lisa M on Mar 7th, 2014

I had low blood counts and was referred to a gastro doctor who found a colon cancer. Then I was referred to Dr. Damadi. Being scared and having cancer Dr. Damadi saw me immediately. He was very concerned. As his schedule was full for a month he opened a time slot for me on the upcoming Saturday. He had told me he was going to remove my tumor through a small incision with help of cameras and small incisions. Dr. Damadi was very through and made sure me, my husband and my daughters were all present for the explanation. He did the surgery successfully and I was out of the hospital very in three days. I hope my chemotherapy goes as well as my surgery. I just wanted to write this to thank a very caring professional.

Amazing doctor show details Amazing doctor
by Bernice G on Mar 6th, 2014

Dr. Damadi operated on me for colon cancer. First of all he explained everything very well multiple times. I was scared. Who wouldn't be. He was reassuring. His office staff were wonderful. He used cameras and lasers to remove my tumor through a very small incision at Providence hospital. I left the hospital in 3 days and was back to work in 2 weeks. I recommend him without reservation.

Feb 25th, 2014

my opinion is to avoid this doc

Great experience and a wonderful doctor show details Great experience and a wonderful doctor
by Mike M on Feb 19th, 2014

I have crohn's disease. I have had multiple surgeries because of it. I met Dr. Damadi a year and half ago when my crohn's was acting up. He had to drain an abscess on an emergency basis. My crohn's never went into remission since then despite my GI doctors best efforts. Through it all I was admitted to the hospital many times. Dr. Damadi was the only doctor that saw me every hospitalization personally. He had told me I would need a definitive surgery my first hospitalization but I wasn't ready. He never pushed me. The guy was just there when I needed him time and time again. I spent the past year in and out of the hospital trying to avoid surgery. This last time when I was admitted with severe bleeding Dr. Damadi came in the middle of night...he stopped the bleeding. I knew it was time. I had had enough. Doctor damadi did my definitive surgery two days later. I have been out of the hospital for two months. I have gained 10 pounds. I see my kids every night. I can eat. I'm not on steroids anymore. I've seen many doctors throughout my life...but doctor Damadi is special. My family thanks you. I thank you. God bless you!

Dec 12th, 2013

just hope someone causes the damage to you and your family as you've and bs associate caused for ours. scaring us into a decision and then not admitting fault based on your egos. shame on you!

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
by Mike A on Oct 30th, 2013

Saved my life. I had an emergency colon resection because of colon cancer. He was recommended by three other physicians and hospital staff spoke very highly of him. Very professional yet friendly. Great bedside manner. I was worried about getting a bag because of the blockage but Dr. Damadi was able to remove my tumor and put me back together again.I want to thank Dr. Damadi and his staff for taking such good care of me.

Strong/effective and trustworthy....great surgeon. Best surgeon for intestines in the area. show details Strong/effective and trustworthy....great surgeon. Best surgeon for intestines in the area.
by Brian W on Oct 27th, 2013

My husband has crohn's disease since he was a teenager and has had two previous operations...in the past 2 years he has been hospitalized 4 times for blockage because of his crohn's disease and narrowing in his intestines. He has refused surgery mainly because he had a horrible experience last time at U of M during his last surgery. The last time he was hospitalized we asked around from the floor staff and the physician assistants whom they would recommend for surgical consultation. In all we asked 7 people total and Providence Park. Every one of them recommended Dr. Damadi. We asked to see him while we were in the hospital. He came to see Brian on a weekend. Reviewed all his previous admissions and films with him. Explained what needed to be done. Brian was previously told that given his previous surgeries and severity of his disease he is not a candidate for laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Damadi said "while it's difficult, it may not be impossible and it's worth a try". Brian liked him and given how miserable my husband has been in the past 2 years he agreed to have surgery. Well surgery went great. He removed the narrow part, reconnected my husband and did it all using cameras and a small incision laparasocopically. My husband was in the hospital 4 days and is now back to being his old self after being miserable the past few years. Dr. Damadi/ his staff...and Providence Park hospital were wonderful. As far as we are considered he is the best surgeon for intestines in the area.

Sep 30th, 2013

As a former patient, I can not recommend this doctor.

Aug 26th, 2013

I never should've trusted him..

Wonderful experience all around show details Wonderful experience all around
by Dannie W on Aug 7th, 2013

I met doctor D right after 2nd worst day in my life...the day I was told I had cancer. His staff were kind and attentive making sure I got to see him immediately. He was confident/professional and very caring from the start and though to my surgery and after care. He met my family and also suggested that my sons should have a screening for colon cancer.... which led to my worse day ever...the day my son was diagnosed with colon cancer. Dr. Damadi also took care of him...was able to do his surgery using a robot. My son just had his one year check up and I had my 4th year check up...we are both cancer free and so grateful to Dr. Damadi and his staff. You will not fine a more caring physician. Thank you

Aug 6th, 2013

didn't like or trust this doc from the start.

by Wendy B on Apr 5th, 2013

Dr. Damadi is a kind and compassionate man. I believe that had it not been for his advice (to wait a few days for surgery) and surgical skills my husband would have suffered much more and his recovery would have been longer and much more difficult. Besides being a great surgeon, he is a good listener and explains everything. We would always recommend Dr. Damadi.

Thanking a kind man show details Thanking a kind man
by John W on Jan 27th, 2013

Dr. Damadi operated on my father....he is 88 and had colon cancer. We were very nervous given his age. We researched online but you never know if online is accurate or if someone has an axe to grind. So I had my uncle who works in the operating rooms at Providence ask some doctors friends....Dr. Damadi was highly recommended by them as well. He also has a great staff whom actually came to visit my dad in the hospital. My dad had a colon surgery early January and was only in the hospital 5 days and now completely recovered. I just wanted to thank Dr. Damadi and his staff.

Jan 21st, 2013

This man and his partner talked good bs, but they literally destroyed my husband with their lies. It's costing $$$$ trying to get him straightened out after what they've done to him.

Saved my life show details Saved my life
Dec 4th, 2012

I was diagnosed with a blocked bowel and met Dr. Damadi in the hospital for the first time. I was miserable and wanted an operation immediately. Dr. Damadi explained to me the benefits of waiting an extra few days....I reluctantly agreed but was able to clear my intestines in the next few days and has surgery. He was able to remove the blocked portion using the vide scope...my blockage is now gone....I recovered very fast because of the type of surgery he did. I am glad I listend to him...and I am very thankful for what he did for me. Great doctor!!!

Dec 2nd, 2012

I wouldn't even trust this butcher to cut my steaks

Smart, capable and great bedside manner show details Smart, capable and great bedside manner
Oct 29th, 2012

Dr. Damadi operated on my husbands colon for cancer. He did the surgery using the robot and cameras. He did an amazing job. He was back to work in 10 days which was important to us because we are a one income household. His office staff are amazing and kind. I can't imagin a better exprience given the circumstances

Can not think of him any higher show details Can not think of him any higher
May 20th, 2012

Dr. Damadi is not only skilled as a surgeon but he is a great human being. I was recommended to him by a friend of mine who happens to be a surgeon himself. I flow my Dad from Chicago to see him. He was kind, through and explained things well. We felt comfortable, surgery and what happend after surgery were exactly as he had said. He saw my Dad every single day that he was in the hospital and sometimes very very late at night. God bless Dr. Damadi

very good surgeon show details very good surgeon
Nov 21st, 2011

Me and my family traveled from canada to see Dr. Damadi. He was warm, caring and got me and my family through a very challenging surgery for cancer of the colon. My outcome was fantastic. His personality and professionalism meant alot to me and my family. Would highly recommend him.

Great Surgeon better person show details Great Surgeon better person
Sep 21st, 2011

Dr. Damadi saved my life. I had two operations by another surgeon and had a colostomy because of complications. Dr. Damadi was recommended by the hospital staff where I was staying for a 2nd opinion. He spent an hour with me and my wife. Explained everything and gave me hope. Two months ago he reversed my colostomy and I have my life back after 2 very difficult years. I can provide for my family once again. Thank you Dr. D

Aug 11th, 2011

He's OK, operates with Ralph as "team" because Ralph can't operate by himself. I feel, based on my own feeling he and Ralph ruined my body. I feel so sick,weak all the time since they CUT on me. I wish I never let Ralph talk me into getting surgery. He said he could help me. The two of them did help me. They helped make a bad problem worse.