Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
1250 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Ste 110
Allentown, PA 18103
610-435-1003
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

• Currently 2.6206896551724 of 4 stars
 |  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Robyn L. on May 6th, 2014

Dr. Fayyazi was very compassionate and caring during the time I was in extreme pain,even going so far as getting down to my eye level so I wouldn't have to look up at him when he spoke. He did not rush me into the operating room, but tried PT first. When it became apparent surgery was the only remedy Dr. Fayyazi did a great job for me.

|  Find another DR  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2014

Horrible man! Rude, cold and uncaring. I will be reporting him to every agency I can find. Patients need to know how awful he is.I followed up with him for a few months after surgery but wont go back. He wont answer any questions. Back surgery is so painful and he doesnt medicate his patients enough. I never took pain meds till I hurt my back and feel that if your condition warrants pain control for awhile it should be given .When you are injured life becomes difficult and you need a GOOD DR. Too bad he is giving this group a bad name. I would never recommend them to anyone. doesnt even deserve 1 star.

by Vicky Smith on Apr 9th, 2014

He is very patience with you in making sure you know your options before he does surgery. Very kind, I can't say enough words to describe him. He has helped me fell better from having surgeries that have caused me pain for years. I will keep going back to him where ever he is or goes.

|  in pain  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2014

I had surgery on 12/13/13; I couldn/t walk before surgery; Four months later I still can't walk; he wants to do 3 back surgery without doing prper testing; He said I could walk better when I couldn't and reduced my pain medication

|  Worst doctor...  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2014

Perhaps this doctor is entirely different when he is your treating physician,but when it comes to reporting your condition to a third party such as insurance companies he will go in his report as far as stating that you are exaggerating or trying to falsify your true condition.He sends his assistants to talk to you for 10min and than he walks in and spends 3min, and on those he bases his wild opinions. ..and I thought that doctors were here to help us.

|  DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

DO NOT USE THIS PRACTICE! Dr.Fayyazi was rude and uncaring. His examination was an interrogation. When I told him I was uncomfortable, He stated: "What did you expect?" "I am an IME." What I expected was to be treated with respect. I left his office crying. I plan to file a complaint with the state.

|  Find another Dr  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2014

Tells you how painful back surgery is and then doesnt medicate for pain properly. Left me laying in bed in the hospital for 5 days without proper pain control which delayed my recovery so much that months later I am unable to return to my job and am having psychological issues. To me it was sheer TORTURE!! If you love agonizing pain this is your DR.

|  Find another DR.  |  show details
by Mary on Nov 14th, 2013

I would never recommend this Dr to anyone. He is rude and arrogant. He Stands looking at the computer screen and doesnt look you in the face. Especially women. Cultural thing I think. Operated on my back and left me laying in pain for 4 days in the hospital. I cried the whole time. My room was by the nurses station and I heard how cold and unfeeling he is. WOW. What goes around comes around , I hope he has to experience unrelieved pain first hand some day. I now suffer from depression and anxiety from this experience.

|  straightforward  |  show details
by John M. Finnegan on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Fayyazi was very thorough in reviewing detailed MRI results with me and explaining the risks and benefits of surgery. I have several very severe spinal conditions, and he did not sugar coat the prognosis

|  Upright & Painless  |  show details
by Rick K. on Sep 23rd, 2013

Spinal Stenosis was the cause of much pain while sitting,standing and doing everyday activities. Dr. Fayyazi did not rush me to Surgery and suggested all other avenues such as water and physical therapy should be tried first. They did not work and my pain and symptoms got worse. At this point the back shots were skipped and I had the operation. I did end up with Drop Foot and require a brace to prevent tripping. Also a better bed was purchased to improve support and that helps as well. Dr. Amir Fayyazi is very Professional.

by Richard Hughes on Aug 5th, 2013

I have had a positive Doctor/Patient relationship with with Dr. Fayyazi, up to and including Surgery. I have already recommended a few other people I know with spine issues to Dr. Fayyazi as well. I would also recommend him to any of my family or friends. I have no complaints at this time, and will be doing my follow-ups with him in the near future.

by Dave F on Jul 24th, 2013

The doc was very nice . He didn't point me in the wrong direction. Having had my back surgery I feel great. Six weeks later I'm back to work, thanks doc!!!!

Jul 23rd, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Fayyazi to everyone. He was direct, he told me of my problems and corrected them. He was a very caring person to me as well as to my family.

|  Dr Fayyazi review  |  show details
by Kay E on Jul 18th, 2013

I like Dr Fayyazi he does not rush you out and answers any questions you have - very pleasant -

|  mr.  |  show details
by raymond r. boyer on Jul 10th, 2013

very polite, explains every question you might have, very comforting, very good surgeon, would recommend highly.

|  Rude and cold doctor  |  show details
by madmad patient on May 2nd, 2013

Very rude to me and drove 45min to see him and all he said was try physical therapy.!!! Doesn't even deserve 1 star for treating a patient the way I was treated.

|  No good doctors left  |  show details
May 1st, 2013

I seen dr Fayyazi a couple of times and 2nd time we decided surgery was my best option. I had insurance issues and had to cancel twice, I had bad herniated disc with leg pain and bad low back pain. I liked him until my visit today... 3 weeks ago I had new mri and my disc got worse and got new herniation at s1 level he says. I was hospitalized 3x in last month and Got emergency appt. Well I drove 45min and wasted 3 hours of my life because now all of a sudden he says try physical therapy. He was very cold and rude to me this last visit I think it was because I had to cancel surgery 2x but that wasn't my fault. And I told him how much pain I was in and he could see I was in pain. He ruined my relationship with vsas now :(

|  25 years old.  |  show details
by Kay on Feb 11th, 2013

Dr. Fayyazi, is and will always be my spinal care physician and surgeon. Seen 3 other surgeons. Will never choose anyone else. Caring. Does not rush you. Tells you exactly what you need to know and understand. I was 23 when I injured myself. Had my first surgery L5/S1 decompression that year after no one could figure out what was wrong with me, actually told me NOTHING was wrong with me. Dr. F's office, VSAS figured it out and sent me his way. Just a side note, First seen Dr. Dibenadetto, Dr. Fellechner, Dr. Krassen in his office as well and I would highly recommend any of them too! Just had my second surgery on L4/L5, decompression revision, Jan-2013. There is no other surgeon that I would trust, like I trust him.

|  in recovery  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

I was being treated for knee pain, when I suddenly developed a new symptom...a burning shin and pain in my toes. I thought it was due to the way I had to distribute my weight to adjust for the knee pain, so an MRI was ordered from another Dr to see if something other then the knee was the problem. Turned out it was a herniated disc. I was referred to Dr Fayyazi at this point and he ordered a few more xrays and found that it was more than that, it was spondylolisthesis. Dr explained in terms that I could understand...I had, at some point in my youth, fractured my back, and now the vertebrae and disc seperated and moved, pinching nerves that were causing my severe shin and foot pain. I am 54 years old, I had lumbar spinal fusion on October 11,2012. I only stayed in the hospital 3 1/2 days. At 2 weeks post-op I was walking a mile a day, and taking my cane with me, just in case. At 6 weeks post-op I don't need a cane, haven't for weeks, still walking. I feel good. I do get tired, as anyone who has had major surgery would. I do rest frequently. My overall experience with Dr. Fayyazi was excellent. He was kind & patient, and definitely answered any questions that I had. Also, when I was in the hospital, and he was doing his rounds, I felt as if he was a friend visiting..Twice my family was there and they were included in the conversation about me, my wellbeing & even on a social level.I would highly recommend Dr Fayyazi to anyone with any sort of back problem.

Nov 27th, 2012

Dr. Fayyazi performed surgery for a herniated disc and presto . . . the pain is gone. He is very caring, spends time to answer questions, and is very good at explaining what is going on. I would highly recommend him.

|  Professinal, patient and trustworthy  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

I first met Dr. Fayyazi in June of 2010, He was patient with me, took his time as he explained the surgery I needed and why. He was not forceful and altimately the decision was mine. I decided where other doctors were dismissive of my problems,this Doc. understood and took the time to listen, ordered tests, mri, and xrays to confirm the severity of injury before he proceded. He put my husband and my mind at ease before the surgery and was spot on for the entire recovery. I am now getting to have a lumbosacral spinal fusion to correct my lower spine and I am confident that Dr. Fayyazi will be successful in easing the pain in this region of my spine as well. I feel as though I am slowly getting my life back thanks to Dr. Fayyazi.

Sep 21st, 2011

Dr. Fayazzi is an excellent physician. My husband had an extensive back surgery in Syracuse 6 years ago, and is very happy with the reasults. The DOCTOR WAS PROFESSIONAL AS WELL AS BEING VERY CARING AND CONCERNED.WE WERE TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THE EXPERIENCE.

|  good visit  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

i don't know what those other reviews are about but i went with my husband to see dr fayyazi for a second opinion before spinal surgery. we waited only 5 min in the waiting room. he was very pleasant & thorough. we were surprised that he did not recommend surgery & that we should try phys. therapy first. which actually did work. i am glad that he had a more conservative/cautious approach to surgery rather than just throwing my husband into surgery like the other doctor wanted to. we saw him for 2 visits and were satisfied

|  does not know patient  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

he does not read or know whats is the patients file and iis full of himself

Apr 11th, 2010

Dr. Fayyazi was one of the most rude and discompassionate doctor's I have ever had the displeasure of visiting. His exam with me lasted < 5 minutes and consisted of me pushing on his hand. He took no time to explain anything to me. When he forwarded his consult to my PCP, it was innaccurate, documenting a full physical examination, which being in healthcare I know wasn't performed (I know if someone listened to my heart or not and then document they did!). I wouldn't recommend seeing him.

Mar 26th, 2010

dr fayyazi was actually rude to me

Feb 24th, 2009

Had back fusion in 2005 and I have been great ever since. Dr. Fayyazi was a wonderful doctor and I trusted him immediately. If I ever had any problems in the future, I would go to whatever hospital he was working in.

Feb 17th, 2009