Dreadful show details Dreadful
Sep 8th, 2016

He's paid by companies to make out false reports How can you give information and evaluations if he doesn't examine you "walk on your heals then your toes" then I'm going to barely touch your back and ask if it hurts I was rushed, Not given an extensive physical exam and treated with no dignity or respect I truly wish I would have recorded the session with him I was forced to take a loa from my job of 28 years due to false statements made about my condition /injury I don't know how this poor excuse of a Person sleeps at night I would also like to add he was chosen by work. Comp I would never recommend him to anyone He's rude and a liar , just wants to fill his pockets and make other people's lives miserable

Most dishonest Dr I have ever met show details Most dishonest Dr I have ever met
Aug 14th, 2016

Dr was rude, arrogant and did not listen to a word I said. When I got my report I thought there had to be some kind of mistake. This could not be me he was writing about. He said i could no longer play volley ball. I never played volley ball to begin with. He said the same thing to me as he did to others. I was completely healed from my work accident. I have been being treated since 1999. Would see an IME DR twice a year. They all agreed this is a chronic condition. Now I'm magically cured but continue having the same symptoms and a mri in 2013 shows no improvement. He gets paid millions by the insurance company to say what they want and he can because he has no liability in you as his patient. I would never go to him as a Dr or recommend him to anyone. My original Dr who performed my surgery in 2000 now works with him on the IME I think this is a comelet conflict of interest. I never returned to him because my original surgery only lasted 6 months and I was told by surgeon at Thomas Jefferson it was a botched surgery should stay away from him and alternative treatments until I would need another surgery. Stay away from it as long as I could by doing therapy and accupunture and use surgery as a last method as where my disc is herniated L3--L4 it is very unlikely it would ever heal correctly and always give me pain. This guy said it shouldnt affect my knees and hips and yet that is exactly where this injury affect along with pain in back and legs. He only cares about the money he is getting from the insurance. Not the patients best interest. Stay far away from him

by Corinne Cooper on Aug 6th, 2016

I had Dr,Fayyazi when he was in Syracuse New York, I had a neck disk replaced in my neck and he was the best I ever had. It has been over 10 yrs now , if I ever had to have it done again he would be the only Dr. I would let touch me.

Jul 27th, 2016

I went for 2nd opinion for my workers comp case this Dr. Amir H. Fayyazi, MD was so rude I could not believe it. He was actually calling me a liar & didn't even believe that I was hurt at work when xrays, mri's, & other documentation prove otherwise. This guy is a real piece of work. He thinks he is a judge & not a doctor. He should leave the profession. There are many complaints about him all over the internet which I should have checked first. He is all for the insurance companies as He couldn't give a rat's butt about any patient that walks thru this cold hearted doctor's door...what a poor excuse for a doctor GO HOME

by John on Jan 6th, 2016

Dr. Fayyazi is ignorant, arrogant and clearly not a very good physician. I was warned by others not to see him because "he's not competent" and he's very condescending, but I was in a lot of pain, and he had available appointments. He told me there was nothing he could do for me to treat my herniated disc and actually encouraged me to take more pain meds. After receiving a second opinion, I had successful surgery and am now pain free. Don't waste your time with this creep - your health is too important!

Disgusted show details Disgusted
by Koren Michelle on Nov 28th, 2015

I visited Dr Fayyazi recently for my first IME Review. He was kind and pleasant during the examination, however two months later I received a report in which he stated I was a manipulative individual and exaggerated my condition. He even said that I've scolerosis and was NEVER diagnosed with that as child!!!! I've a herniated disc that's extremely painful and he clearly is inconsiderate about people's unfortunate situations.........he boldly lied and I find that a doctor should never lie to a patient regardless of if they work for the insurance company or not! Sincerely truly Heartbreaking

Oct 6th, 2015

Knowledgeable about my problem. Took his time discussing my options. If I decide on surgery, I will definitely come to him. I would highly recommend him to anyone searching for excellent surgeon!

Condescending Jerk show details Condescending Jerk
by Scott on Sep 22nd, 2015

This doctor was a condescending jerk who misdiagnosed me. Horrible bedside manners-told me there was nothing wrong with my back and that his is worse than mine (other opinion had MRI done which revealed 2 herniated discs). Told me to start doing yoga and see him for a follow up in 3 months. For what? If there is nothing wrong with me why would I need a follow up. Then strangely asked me "So I guess you want pain medicine?" To which I replied yes, prescription strength ibuprofen.

NONE BETTER show details NONE BETTER
by Gregg Heilman on Sep 16th, 2015

Dr. Fayyazi was very knowledgeable, skilled and available through the OAA Patient Portal

Sep 4th, 2015

Great surgeon. Very honest and precise.

You want the best then you want Dr. Amir Fayyazi show details You want the best then you want Dr. Amir Fayyazi
by Gregg S. Heilman on May 19th, 2015

I found Dr. Fayyazi to be forth right with me as I requested. I wanted to know what to expect and I wanted the truth. The doctor was all that and more. I would recommend Dr. Fayyazi to my best friends and family.

Dismissive and Condescending show details Dismissive and Condescending
by Z on Mar 17th, 2015

I had him as an IME I felt extremely rushed and wasn't given a second to say weat her something hurts or not very condescending attitude

Successful surgery show details Successful surgery
by Gina b on Jan 29th, 2015

C-1, c-2 fusion was successful!

Sell out show details Sell out
Sep 23rd, 2014

He was rude, rough, and spent two minutes "examining" me. He was representing a 3rd party insurance company and clearly did not have this patient's well being in mind.

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
by Robyn L. on May 6th, 2014

Dr. Fayyazi was very compassionate and caring during the time I was in extreme pain,even going so far as getting down to my eye level so I wouldn't have to look up at him when he spoke. He did not rush me into the operating room, but tried PT first. When it became apparent surgery was the only remedy Dr. Fayyazi did a great job for me.

by Vicky Smith on Apr 9th, 2014

He is very patience with you in making sure you know your options before he does surgery. Very kind, I can't say enough words to describe him. He has helped me fell better from having surgeries that have caused me pain for years. I will keep going back to him where ever he is or goes.

Worst doctor... show details Worst doctor...
Mar 31st, 2014

Perhaps this doctor is entirely different when he is your treating physician,but when it comes to reporting your condition to a third party such as insurance companies he will go in his report as far as stating that you are exaggerating or trying to falsify your true condition.He sends his assistants to talk to you for 10min and than he walks in and spends 3min, and on those he bases his wild opinions. ..and I thought that doctors were here to help us.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR show details DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR
Jan 30th, 2014

DO NOT USE THIS PRACTICE! Dr.Fayyazi was rude and uncaring. His examination was an interrogation. When I told him I was uncomfortable, He stated: "What did you expect?" "I am an IME." What I expected was to be treated with respect. I left his office crying. I plan to file a complaint with the state.

Find another Dr show details Find another Dr
Jan 23rd, 2014

Tells you how painful back surgery is and then doesnt medicate for pain properly. Left me laying in bed in the hospital for 5 days without proper pain control which delayed my recovery so much that months later I am unable to return to my job and am having psychological issues. To me it was sheer TORTURE!! If you love agonizing pain this is your DR.

Find another DR. show details Find another DR.
by Mary on Nov 14th, 2013

I would never recommend this Dr to anyone. He is rude and arrogant. He Stands looking at the computer screen and doesnt look you in the face. Especially women. Cultural thing I think. Operated on my back and left me laying in pain for 4 days in the hospital. I cried the whole time. My room was by the nurses station and I heard how cold and unfeeling he is. WOW. What goes around comes around , I hope he has to experience unrelieved pain first hand some day. I now suffer from depression and anxiety from this experience.

straightforward show details straightforward
by John M. Finnegan on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Fayyazi was very thorough in reviewing detailed MRI results with me and explaining the risks and benefits of surgery. I have several very severe spinal conditions, and he did not sugar coat the prognosis

Upright & Painless show details Upright & Painless
by Rick K. on Sep 23rd, 2013

Spinal Stenosis was the cause of much pain while sitting,standing and doing everyday activities. Dr. Fayyazi did not rush me to Surgery and suggested all other avenues such as water and physical therapy should be tried first. They did not work and my pain and symptoms got worse. At this point the back shots were skipped and I had the operation. I did end up with Drop Foot and require a brace to prevent tripping. Also a better bed was purchased to improve support and that helps as well. Dr. Amir Fayyazi is very Professional.

by Richard Hughes on Aug 5th, 2013

I have had a positive Doctor/Patient relationship with with Dr. Fayyazi, up to and including Surgery. I have already recommended a few other people I know with spine issues to Dr. Fayyazi as well. I would also recommend him to any of my family or friends. I have no complaints at this time, and will be doing my follow-ups with him in the near future.

by Dave F on Jul 24th, 2013

The doc was very nice . He didn't point me in the wrong direction. Having had my back surgery I feel great. Six weeks later I'm back to work, thanks doc!!!!

Jul 23rd, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Fayyazi to everyone. He was direct, he told me of my problems and corrected them. He was a very caring person to me as well as to my family.

Dr Fayyazi review show details Dr Fayyazi review
by Kay E on Jul 18th, 2013

I like Dr Fayyazi he does not rush you out and answers any questions you have - very pleasant -

mr. show details mr.
by raymond r. boyer on Jul 10th, 2013

very polite, explains every question you might have, very comforting, very good surgeon, would recommend highly.

Rude and cold doctor show details Rude and cold doctor
by madmad patient on May 2nd, 2013

Very rude to me and drove 45min to see him and all he said was try physical therapy.!!! Doesn't even deserve 1 star for treating a patient the way I was treated.

No good doctors left show details No good doctors left
May 1st, 2013

I seen dr Fayyazi a couple of times and 2nd time we decided surgery was my best option. I had insurance issues and had to cancel twice, I had bad herniated disc with leg pain and bad low back pain. I liked him until my visit today... 3 weeks ago I had new mri and my disc got worse and got new herniation at s1 level he says. I was hospitalized 3x in last month and Got emergency appt. Well I drove 45min and wasted 3 hours of my life because now all of a sudden he says try physical therapy. He was very cold and rude to me this last visit I think it was because I had to cancel surgery 2x but that wasn't my fault. And I told him how much pain I was in and he could see I was in pain. He ruined my relationship with vsas now :(

Nov 27th, 2012

Dr. Fayyazi performed surgery for a herniated disc and presto . . . the pain is gone. He is very caring, spends time to answer questions, and is very good at explaining what is going on. I would highly recommend him.

Sep 21st, 2011

Dr. Fayazzi is an excellent physician. My husband had an extensive back surgery in Syracuse 6 years ago, and is very happy with the reasults. The DOCTOR WAS PROFESSIONAL AS WELL AS BEING VERY CARING AND CONCERNED.WE WERE TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THE EXPERIENCE.

good visit show details good visit
Jun 22nd, 2011

i don't know what those other reviews are about but i went with my husband to see dr fayyazi for a second opinion before spinal surgery. we waited only 5 min in the waiting room. he was very pleasant & thorough. we were surprised that he did not recommend surgery & that we should try phys. therapy first. which actually did work. i am glad that he had a more conservative/cautious approach to surgery rather than just throwing my husband into surgery like the other doctor wanted to. we saw him for 2 visits and were satisfied

does not know patient show details does not know patient
Dec 2nd, 2010

he does not read or know whats is the patients file and iis full of himself

Apr 11th, 2010

Dr. Fayyazi was one of the most rude and discompassionate doctor's I have ever had the displeasure of visiting. His exam with me lasted < 5 minutes and consisted of me pushing on his hand. He took no time to explain anything to me. When he forwarded his consult to my PCP, it was innaccurate, documenting a full physical examination, which being in healthcare I know wasn't performed (I know if someone listened to my heart or not and then document they did!). I wouldn't recommend seeing him.

Mar 26th, 2010

dr fayyazi was actually rude to me

Feb 24th, 2009

Had back fusion in 2005 and I have been great ever since. Dr. Fayyazi was a wonderful doctor and I trusted him immediately. If I ever had any problems in the future, I would go to whatever hospital he was working in.

Feb 17th, 2009