Dr. Amir Hedayati-Rad MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 4th, 2015
Abhorrent Doctor!
If I could rate him 0 stars, I would. Unfortunately, this is one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. He is arrogant and does not listen. His explanations for events and symptoms are conflicting and confusing. He is condescending in tone and content. He regularly cuts me off, impatiently holding me accountable for not understanding his poor communicative efforts. He rushes me through appointments and I rarely leave with a sense of being in competent, caring hands. But, the worst offense is that he refuses to involve himself in any dialogue or acknowledgement of heart related symptoms he cannot explain. If I experience heart palpitations or other cardiac arrhythmias that are not reflected in my heart monitor, he shames me for “wasting his time” (a literal quote) and only begrudgingly offers suggestions of who might be able to help me instead. That’s if I’m lucky. Otherwise, I clearly have a “psychiatric issue” that needs to be examined. Right. So, if you can’t explain the symptom, the only other plausible explanation must be that I’m crazy. Ironically, he has all the traits of a bona fide Narcissist. (Note: I am not a licensed psychiatric clinician, but simply stating my personal observation.) Continuing along these lines, he resents answering questions, feeling that simply telling me “things are fine” should make my terrifying experiences magically disappear. I have a very serious cardiac condition and I do best when armed with information and a comprehensive understanding of my situation. One time when I asked for an explanation for the difference between the cardiac condition I once had to the one it now progressed to, he said, “It would be beyond your comprehension, so I will not explain it.” More like, you must not have a very keen grasp of the situation yourself, if you cannot break it down for your patients. The man is insufferable and insulting. He creates an enormously hostile environment where I leave more taxed than when I went in. The bulk of his patients are senior citizens who do not speak English as a first language. I am comparatively young and articulate (in English). I shudder to think what he gets away with regarding patients who may not be in a position to put forth their needs more assertively. God willing, my insurance will cover me finding a better, more ethical electrophysiologist.

April 17th, 2017