Dr. Amir Karam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 25th, 2016
Stay Away !!!!!!!
Dr. Karam is billed as one of the top plastic surgeons in San Diego. So, I scheduled a consultation with him as I hit my mid 40s (fit but not skinny) and was starting to look tired. I do look a little younger than my age but felt I needed a little more than botox. Dr. Karam is charming and well spoken, clearly knows plastics and aesthetics. His staff takes photos to help guide the consultation. Dr. Karam told me I needed a full face and neck lift, upper and lower eyelids done, a brow lift, fat augmentation and a chemical peel. $25K. I was shocked by everything he suggested. I was thinking filler and/or fat augmentation and the peel. I consulted with 2 other PS and they too were shocked that someone would recommend everything as Dr. Karam did. Needless to say, I chose one of the others for what they recommended, fat augmentation and a peel. They each said they would not "cut" on me for at least 10 to 15 years.

January 20th, 2016
Great surgeon
I flew from Scotland to have surgery with Dr Karam, and would return. He vista wonderful, caring surgeon and did first class job. Was delighted with the outcome

March 6th, 2015
No go doc.
Nicest man in the world, lots of charm but did a skin pinch on me that cannot be corrected. Disaster. One eye is fine, the other has crinkling and webbing like a 100 year old woman. Make up accentuates it. Never go to anyone but a specialist for upper or lower eye work is the lesson learned here. I've spent a lot of money going to doctors to fix it but it cannot be solved. He didn't even take out the stitches himself or call for a follow up. Never saw him again after the procedure. In and out...cash cow.

September 26th, 2013
Thrilled with the Results
Dr. Karam and his entire staff are first class! Going forward with the procedure and choosing Dr. Karam was a wonderful decision. I’m one month post-procedure, and the results far exceed my expectations. Dr. Karam, made we feel like that he truly cares about his patients, and I highly recommend him.

May 27th, 2013
I LOOK 20 YEARS YOUNGER!!
I first went to Dr. Karam for eye rejuvenation, to remove bags and droopy upper lids. A few months later, I had a mini facelift to firm up the jawline, in preparation for my wedding. When I returned to work after healing, a co-worker said to me "Welcome to your twenties!" I bumped into a friend whom I have not seen since we were both in our late 20's, and she said to me "You look the same"!!! Just months before, I was an aged and tired-looking 49 year-old woman. Now, I not only look younger, but I also FEEL younger, and have an added spring in my step, just knowing how great I look! My friends and co-workers have all told me I look amazing, and one guy at work said "You get younger every time I see you!" I can look in the mirror and like what I see, not tired bags and a saggy neckline, but my 29 year old self has come back! Before I did not feel at all pretty. I felt frumpy and weary-worn. Now, I can look in the mirror, and smile back at my reflection, for she is young and beautiful again!

May 15th, 2013
Dr Karam did a great job on my procedure. I look completely refreshed without looking like I had any work done. I am very satisfied and would highly recommend Dr. Karma for any facial work be it injections or more invasive procedures. His office staff was always very welcoming and helpful!

May 9th, 2013
good results
I decided to get fat transfer to my face. I chose Dr Karam because of his experience with fat transfers, before and after pictures, and comparisons to other Drs across the country. I knew he would have a very keen eye for exactly where and how much to do my fat transfer. I am one month post fat transfer and am very satisfied so far with my results. I did have bruises on my upper cheeks for about 3 weeks, and mild discomfort in my legs where the fat was harvested but never needed any kind of pain pill, not even tylenol. After a phone consult, I traveled across the country for a pre op appointment with Dr Karam. I sent pictures to him via email. The staff explained every detail and what to expect each step of the way. The procedure was not as bad as I expected because local anesthetic is used for numbing so I didn't feel anything. I did not return for a follow up appointment because I live so far, but I did send pictures one month out. I am very pleased with my results so far!

August 9th, 2012
I could not be happier with Dr. Karam and his staff! I had a periorbital fat transfer done followed by a short incision face lift two years later. Dr. Karam listened to my concerns and never tried to oversell me on any procedure. He is an artist at what he does. He specializes in faces and is a skilled surgeon. He also has a wonderful bedside manner and will take the time to listen to you. His office staff is very friendly and personable as well. I am thrilled with the results of both of my procedures and would trust my face to Dr. Karam any day!

August 8th, 2012
Extremely talented surgeon...
I consulted with a few surgeons for a rhinoplasty procedure, which is pretty delicate and requires a skilled hand. Dr. Karam was actually recommended by another surgeon; his reputation in the community is excellent. Office staff is very friendly and wait time is virtually none. After my procedure they called to check on me and make sure I was okay; they even sent a cake! The doctor was very accessible. The most important thing is how natural it looks - no weird plasticy upturned nose. See this doctor!

August 8th, 2012
Great results
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Karam. He took time to explain the procedure and answer my questions. His staff is wonderful - very friendly and knowledgeable. They followed up after the procedure and assured me that my results were normal. I love the results -- and friends compliment how great I look without knowing that I had anything done. The results are subtle and very natural looking.

February 14th, 2012
I received an si facelift, eyepinch, and full face fat transfer exactly one year ago today. I could not be more satisfied by the results of all three procedures. Furthermore, Dr. Karam is an expert in the fat transfer, which I know is still relatively controversial as to its longevity. I can truthfully say that it has not only lasted but improved with time. I highly recommend this doctor and his entire staff.

August 26th, 2011
Dr. Karam is Remarkable
Dr. Karam is a very professional and understanding doctor. He listens well and I felt he had a thorough understanding of what I was looking for after my consult. Next, he has an impecable eye and made recommendations that would give an overall better result in terms of my full face fat transfer. He was also very clear about what could and could not be done (in terms of limitations, i.e. 40 year old patients may not look 20 after a face fat transfer) and he and his staff were very coordial as well. In terms of the results of the procedure, the swelling was not bad to begin with and lasted exactly two weeks, as he stated (which is not long considering the procedure). Further, the result was exacty what I was looking for (perhaps a little better in some areas). I have been to a lot of doctors and Dr. Karam has been one of the best both in terms of results and overall experience. I would HIGHLY recommend both Dr. Karam and his staff for a full facial fat transfer, which is what I had done. I would not hesitate to go back to this doctor given this doctor is highly skilled, does not overcorrect, and does not give the face a "fat" appearance (just added volume). I also read the two reviews on this site with respect to consults, for the record, Dr. Karam did not have me sign any such waiver with respect to internet reviews. In a nutshell, my overall experience was that this doctor's work could not be siginificantly improved, given he is VERY good. Dr. Karam and his staff get a 5+ star from me.