Dr. Amir Makoui MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Palmdale, CA

3.6

April 23rd, 2016
1st Surgery was like being in Heaven, Everything was Perfect, The 2nd Visit was poorly lacking in all facets...!
I had a at 47 Years of Age due to a Fall off of a 15 foot Roof, resulting in Discectomy Surgery. The Surgery was performed at Hollywood Communtiy, and I could not of found or asked for better treatment in all aspects of care, pre-surgey and post; in 2004. I returned in 2013 after MRI Results of the Cervical Spine showed, Stenosis, Osteophytes, Scoliosis, and a Lipoma (which the MRI Tech failed to report). I was treated as if I were too old to even be properly diagnosed. I was in Consult with Dr. Makoui the 2nd time, and did not get to talk to him for 5 minutes. I felt un-valued as former patient, and felt rudely treated. I will not return to this good Dr. The lack of Quality and Consistency is oddly in dire need of correction. very odd for a Surgeon who did as good of a job on my Spine the 1st time, but treated me like an unwanted step-child the 2nd. Was this because his good work the first time, did not fix the problem, (which is too be expected in some cases). However, Quality and Consistency of Care are Integral in this Profession. I would give Dr. Makoui a 5 Star rating in all of these catagories for the 1st Consult, Surgery, Care, Courteousness, Bedside manner, and all facets of Operations. The grades shown reflect the 2nd Visit, 11 years later.

December 30th, 2015
Simple: He IS The Best
Dr. Makoui is the best there is. He fixed 9 others surgeons screw-ups on my Wifes next.

July 14th, 2015
Great doctor
Husband had surgery today feeling good about feeling better.

July 12th, 2015
Dr Makoui is an excellent surgeon Very professional

September 3rd, 2013
Patient of his
In 2007 Dr. Makoui did a back surgery on me I had a fusion L5-S1 he told me after one year I would be able to skydives he knew that I wanted to skydive badly I Had a lot of severe problems after he did the initial surgery I went home and my back swelled like I had a football Where the surgery was done On my Back I went to the emergency room twice in a week and he still would not come down to check my back I found out I had a spinal Leak that he drained in his office with a spinal needle after that he told me to lay in bed and do bedrest In agony from the good-sized spinal leak that I had After three weeks from the back surgery He finally decided to admit me into a hospital and fix the spinal leek that he said was caused by a sharp bone in my vertebrae that he also fixed After one year He sent me to get some x-rays done so he could see the Progress in my back he said everything looked really good I asked to see a chiropractor I told him that my back was out of place he said it was fine to see a chiropractor When giving the chiropractor my x-rays the same day so that way I could get some relief in my back he looked at my x-rays and showed me where the screws have gone through my vertebrae I did not know how much of a problem that would be until after a year of doing chiropractic I went to see another neurosurgeon because I was still in a lot of pain He did a lot of imaging to see what was going on in my back he found out that the screws were very close to my iliac artery and iliac vessel and that the hardware needed to be removed and replaced The imaging he did to try to figure out what was pinching the nerve in my back was unsuccessful because the dye they have put in my back came out of a spinal leak that I had from when Makoui repaired it So I had to get another surgery done and he told me the surgery he was doing was just to replace the hardware because if I got into any serious accident it would make me Bleed to death instantly because the screw would puncture my iliac artery or vessel he was unsure if it would help the pinched nerve in my back considering he didn't know where it was Needless to say he was unable to fix that and I've had a total of five surgeries on my back and I still have the same problem I had when I First saw Dr. Makoui and even More severe problems because the original problem was never fixed And after one surgeon That you seem to of trust and he took advantage of you and messed up your first surgery and knowing that the screws were too long He never said anything to me never told me that it needed to be fixed never told me that it needed to be replaced Unfortunately when you have a surgeon do surgery on your back and he doesn't do it correctly it is hard to find somebody else to fix it for you because no other surgeon wants to The liability of having to fix another surgeons mistakes I thought Makoui was a nice doctor unfortunately I believed him when he told me I would be back to normal after a year unfortunately I have had nothing but problems since he did the first surgery Back in 2007 and it is now 2013 and I still have not been able to get my back fixed Makoui has done nothing to help me fix my back is done nothing to admit his faults or try to correct his wrong I am very disappointed and Makoui I could have sued him but what would be the point he would still be out there doing the same surgeries to other people and I know that he has done this same procedure to other people If you are thinking about getting surgery from Makoui please look at other options I am only saying this because I would never want anybody to go through what i have had to go through And I'm still going through. Now I do not understand why Makoui is not updated his address he is no longer at the Lancaster office he has an office on Avenue Q In that medical Block

August 23rd, 2013
Patient's son
I dont Know what should I say about him, the only thing I can say is He did miracle to my mom, he extracted an orange size tumor from frontlube head of my mom in 10 hours brain sergury and she woke up after spending 5 days in coma with no loosing motion and memory. of course she does need recovery and treatment but she can walk and talk exactly like before. the moment that I never forget in my life is when Dr. Makoui saw the citiscan on Sunday afternoon at mission comunity hospital and told me my mom has had tumor for a long time and its size got very big now, I was shocked and suddenly started crying, he came to me and said, " I will remove the hole tumor and I do promis you that your mom gonna be ok after the surgery" I could feel exceptional self confidence that he has on his work, otherwise you barley hear a surgeon says "95% everything will going fine". He made me calm and then he did what he had promised to me in most stressful days in my life. I can not ignore how much caring Dr he is , I could find him any time I need when my mom was at ICU and I can call or text him right now whenever my mom has any problem or question. At the end I wanna thank to all nurses and Doctors of mission comunity Hospital who are very nice, patient, and professional, specially Dr. Shahab Attarchi.

November 8th, 2012
The best Neurosurgeon
Dr. Makoui is an excellent doctor with a great heart. He really cares about his patients. His staff is friendly and couteous. He really builds a rapport with his patients and is always on top of your care. I would highly recommend him!

September 1st, 2012
Mrs. Sharon Allen
Thank you Dr Makoui for everything and for giving me my life back, I was in so much pain for over a yearand didn't think that there was ever going to be an end to it

August 18th, 2011
awesome

September 7th, 2010
I said it all BAD

May 6th, 2010
Highly Recommend!
Dr. Makoui peformed my neck fusion in 2006. My surgery was a success! I'm now able to turn my head so I can drive and now have full use of my right hand and arm. I no longer have to deal with the terrible pain in neck, hand and arm. He has an excellent bedside manner and show's he really cares about his patients before the surgery and after. I highly recommend him.