Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Steward M on Oct 27th, 2013

Some of the reviews here are quite negative. I disagree, dr. Amir always make sure that he has a precise diagnose, to rule out other potential problems - he would order several tests for my child. He does not talk much, but when he talks he is very sharp. I don't need a talkative doctor to just comfort me but not helping my kid. This doctor is spending his energy and time to take care my child not just talking all the time. I really appreciate dr Amir, my daughter is now seizure free. And before we started to see dr Amir, this is almost impossible.

|  Dr. Pshytycky  |  show details
by Stokes on Apr 25th, 2013

He is very thorough. He listens well and explains why he is testing and what he is looking for.

|  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

I see some of the above comments are not overly positive. I have a completely different opinion. While Dr. Amir at first may not come off as bubbly and talkative, he really does know his stuff and most importantly he listens to what parents say. I am surprised that parents would actually give resistance to testing.... when a doctor is trying to be specific or rule things in or out. Trust me this epilepsy and nuerology stuff is not an instant diagnosis and I am glad he is pre-emptive in ruling things out. I can sleep at night knowing he has thought of everything for our child. I personally would rather someone that does what they are supposed to do than not enough in terms of testing.I find Dr. Psytychky quiet, but I don't take that as a poor bedside manner. It is so complicated they cannot possibly explain it all in the time they have with us. He always answers ALL of our questions (no matter how silly or redundant) and never short changes us on time. He is prompt to return phone calls-very prompt. In all of the time we have known him I am surprised you simply could not get an answer out of him as to what you asked. Perhaps there was a miscomminication on some level. I actuallly feel that all of the Drs. at CHOP or perhaps any Pediatric Specialty are completely overloaded with paperwork, appointments, etc. I don't always feel how the doctors act is their fault. Our child has had not overly common things happen with this epilepsy and he has been spot on everytime (even confirmed with sub-specialists). I just wanted to give a positive response as we are very happy with Dr. Psychtycky. I think if you get to know him you will find he is brilliant and quite personable even though quiet. It is not always common in this day and age a Doctor will call you back when you need them to.

|  show details
May 3rd, 2012

I was very disappointment in Dr. Pshytcky unwillingness to explain why he was ordering partiuclar tests. His answer was "I am the epilespy specialist, you either trust me or you don't" Where one test would require a hour or so and another an overnight hosptial stay, we felt that as our child's advocate, a the very least the benefits of one test over another should be explained to us. However, despite asking in three different manners, he would not provide us with a justification.

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

Poor bedside manner and not compassionate at all. Orders tests with no explanation as to why and doesn't give clear indications as to what he thinks it might be. We got "could be a brain tumor or it could be MS". We called after the appointment to find out that he thought it wasn't really anything, but that he was just being thorough ordering MRIs. Then it took 3 phone calls for him to give results back which the MRI facility said were delivered several days before. Finally had to have the facility fax them to my brother-in-law (a doctor) who could give us the results. CHOP is great. This doctor isn't CHOP material.

|  Not enough details  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2010

We are very detail oriented people and did not feel he gave enough information. His personality was fine, although he didn't show much emotion at all.He did not tell us WHY he was ordering certain things and I felt like I had to dig things out of him to get any information besides the very basics.