Dr. Amir Shirmohammad MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2016
Cannot get an appointment
I was a patient for over 2 years, Dr Shirmo is a good guy but you cannot get appointments when needed, if you have something that is urgent or are sick i was not able to get an appointment. they ran more than an hour late if you had one and the front office was never helpful. I would not recommend this practice even if you are healthy.

March 31st, 2016
Love his entire practice, been with him for a few years now . would never change

March 10th, 2014
The Worst Service EVER!
Stay away from this practice, front office staff is terrible and pretty much clueless, and if you don't mind waiting for 1.25 hours for an appointment you made 6 weeks prior, just to spend 6 minutes with the doctor, then go to them, I suggest you avoid this practice.

April 28th, 2012
I love this doctor
He is honest, direct, gentle and smart. He helped diagnosis me and treat my severe illness so accurately that the specialist could not believe! I owe that man my life.

April 8th, 2012
He seems to be afraid to make any type of diagnosis and ALWAYS refers you to see someone else; I stopped going because he is basically a referral service. I went when I needed an antibiotic because that's all he appears comfortable with prescribing. Very disappointing and his assistant has a poor bedside manner. The wait time is absurd and he has a lot of staff turnover-every time I went in, there was someone or a lot of new people. He never followed up after anything, especially if he referred me to someone else-not even to ask if I liked the doctor. I don't recommend him at all-try to ask around from family or friends if there's a better doctor around. Oh, one more thing, HE HAS NO HOSPITAL AFFILIATION so please be careful if you do choose to see him.

April 3rd, 2011
Wonderful Doctor
I love the fact that he takes care of my boys and husband. He is so pays attentiont to things and asks my husband and I that I can't believe he remembers. It happenned once when we ran into him at the store. He is a great guy, he cares, and we are lucky we know this wonderful doctor.

February 19th, 2010
He gets the job done
Old fashion doc in a young body using today's latest technology!

December 27th, 2009
The Best Doctor in the Tampa Bay Area !!!
Excellent doctor, excellent bedside manner, excellent office staff, well trained and compassionate. The office is very organized, beautiful and one of the most efficient offices I have seen. My family and I drive 30 to 45 minutes from South Tampa to see Dr. Shirmo and his wife, Dr. Eldridge, and it is WELL WORTH IT for the BEST DOCTORS IN TAMPA BAY. My father is a doctor and we chat after every visit about how we were treated and what was done and in his words, "They don't make doctors like them anymore!"

May 7th, 2009
Good Doc, Good Guy
They really care about what they do and how they do it for their patients. Dr. Shirmo is on faculty at 2 medical schools, USF and FSU. Its so neat that they have students come in if I am ok with it. He is a good doc and a good role model for his students. He's my doc for life.

January 2nd, 2009
He called us to follow up on how we were doing. Wonderful doctor!

May 9th, 2017