Dr. Amir Tahernia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 9th, 2016
Dr. Tahernia is an excellent surgeon & I highly recommend him to anyone for a speedy recovery & seamless procedure. I had a broken neck from a drunk driver who was going up the hill on the wrong side of the street, it was a serious injury and required a delicate surgical procedure close to the spinal cord. Dr Tahernia gave me confidence in our preliminary appointments & I went into surgery with full assurance that he would do an excellent job & he did & I didn't even need physio. Many Thanks xox

March 10th, 2016
Im worse off now. I had a surgical complication and he didn't tell me about it

April 8th, 2015
I have not had my surgery yet, but it will be soon and I am looking forward to a life with no pain

September 10th, 2014
Highly Recommend
Dr. Tahernia is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to talk with you to make sure you understand your medical condition. I had a spinal fusion three years ago and it was a complete success, After meeting with two other physicians, chose Dr. Tahernia and the results gave me back the quality of life I had lost. He is the best!

September 16th, 2012
Truely gave my husband and me our lives back!
This is a follow up....I'm coming up on 1yr post surgery. I had fusion L3/4 and laminectomy L4/5 Nov 2011. I am back at total use of my back, playing golf, dancing and loving life after a year of pain and 3months of lying flat on my stomach unable to sit and barely walk. Dr. Tahernia is a lifesaver and in the months following my surgery, he did surgery on 5 of my friends who had been afraid to have it and ALL of them are doing great! Thank you Dr. Tahernia!!

March 25th, 2012
I interviewed four surgeons before I choose Dr. Tahernia. He answered every question on my list before I asked. He is very caring and compassionate. My husband and I both felt very confident that he would respect our beliefs and treat my condition appropriately. Great doctor!

January 30th, 2012
Excellent doctor
Dr. Tahernia said that my herniation was the largest he had ever seen at that level. Walking was so painful that I had to use a wheelchair and I was afraid that I would never walk again. Dr. Tahernia assured me that he could repair the herniation and reduce my pain but could not guarantee that the pain would be totally eliminated. The surgery went very smoothly and I was released from the hospital the next day. Post surgical pain was mild to moderate and lasted no more than a week, after which I was pain free and have been for 5 years. I don't remember the details of the consultation: was it hard to get an appt; was the dr. on time; was his staff courteous? Who cares? What was important to me was the outcome, and it could not have been better. I highly recommend Dr. Tahernia.

November 20th, 2011
C Hill
Dr. Tahernia is a confident, professional with an excellent bedside manner making you feel you are important. He did a fusion L3-4 and decomp 4-5 on me 10 days ago and I'm feeling better each day. My pain is gone except for the surgery pain and feel he was an excellent choice. I would recommend him to anyone with spinal problems.

September 14th, 2011
Debbie Kimberlin
Dr. Tahernia did my back surgery in 2003 at St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, OK. He replaced 2 lower discs with 2 he built with my hip bone, then fused the area. He told me it would be a very rough and painful time but I would be happy in the end. He was correct. I am so happy I had him as my surgeon and I am doing very well today. He is an excellent Doctor. I hated to see him leave for California but I knew he would be a great asset to the Spinal clinic. I wish him well.

April 27th, 2011
Love Doctor Tahernia
I have been seeing him since 2005. He is a capable, devoted and compassionate physician. Even when I could not get in to see him and had to see his PA he would come in to see my anyway. He is a very special person. Those who have criticized him here are no doubt projecting their own frailties. He is as capable as any phsician at a top University Medical Center. I would without reservation recommend him to anyone who needs one with his expertise.

May 3rd, 2010
long wait, no explanation. curt and rude

December 28th, 2009
Without a doubt I would recomend Dr. Tahernia. He did my back surgery and I felt I was in capable hands. He was very thorough in explaining everything everything he was going to do. He demonstrated with models and went over x-rays and MRIs. He put me at ease about what would happen.