Neurologist & Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile

May 6th, 2015

In 15 words: I would say comprehensive care, detail oriented, highly recommended, empathetic, great doctor.

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
May 6th, 2015

Accurately diagnosed me, effectively treated my headache and answered all my questions. Highly recommended!

best experience show details best experience
May 5th, 2015

Dr. Towfigh is very knowledgeable and has a great personality. He was able to diagnose my condition and get me on the right course of treatment. This was huge for me. I saw so many doctors and got very little answers. Dr. Towfigh's care and his staff are like my personal miracle workers. He's great

Good neurologist but NOT an expert in Perkisnon Treatemen show details Good neurologist but NOT an expert in Perkisnon Treatemen
Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Towfigh seems to be a reasonable neurologist to start with...but if you think and/or are diagnosed with Parkinson disease stay away from him. He is not an expert on the disease, is not up to the latest treatments and side effects, nor is he tied to any clinical trials going on. He will try to treat you, but does not have the expertise. Go see a neurologist with a Movement Disorder sub-specialty ...not one with a subspecialty of Sleep Disorders

by Les silver on Apr 17th, 2013

Very professional and most caring doctor. He made a very hard diagnosis of a dissection

Best Neurologist show details Best Neurologist
Jan 18th, 2013

Dr. Towfigh is a very knowledgeable doctor. He spent a great deal of time explaining my condition and answering all my questions and he even called my family doctor to discuss my case and review my treatment plan. He has a pleasant bedside manner as well. I highly recommend him.

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
Jan 18th, 2013

Dr. Towfigh was very patient and answered all of my questions. He is very knowledgeable and has a warm bedside manner.

Likes a lot of tests show details Likes a lot of tests
Aug 25th, 2012

Dr. Towfigh, seems to like a lot of radiological tests...so he seems very complete in doing tests to get to bottom of potential problem. After it's all said and done however, nothing changes in the treatment plan for the patient. Dr. Towfigh took over Dr. John A. Schaefer's practice. Dr. Schaefer was a fabulous neurologist with a lot of experience...and if you've been a patient of Dr. Schaefer the tendency will be to compare the two doctors which is probably unfair. I do find however that Dr. Towfigh does tests, which essentailly confirm what Dr. Scaefer had already diagnosed, and after spending quiet a bit of money on tests nothing is changed in the patient's treatment plan.So don't know if he's unsure of himself or likes to over test.

Highly recommended! show details Highly recommended!
May 3rd, 2012

I am extremely pleased with Dr. Towfigh and his practice! His staff is courteous and he spends time listening to me. He even calls and speaks with my internist to find out more about my complaint and he always calls me back if I ever leave him a message.I highly recommend Dr. Towfigh to anyone who needs a neurologist or sleep specialist.

Apr 12th, 2011

He's great! Very fun and down to earth as well as serious with what he does. recommend him to anyone who mentions anything to do with sleep or Neurology.

by DANIELLLE ELLE on Feb 18th, 2011

MY EXPERIENCE WAS FANTASTIC. I AM USUALLY A BASKETCASE WHEN IT COMES TO DOCTORS BUT DR. TOWFIGH PUT ME RIGHT AT EASE. HE HAS A GREAT PERSONALITY AND ACTUALLY LISTENS WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO HIM. HE DOESN'T BRUSH YOU OFF AS OTHER DOCTORS SEEM TO DO. I AM EXCITED TO HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED TO HIM AND WOULD RECOMMEND HIM ON AN EXTREMELY HIGH SCALE!!!