Amir Vokshoor, MD, MD

Harbor
1300 W 7th St
San Pedro, CA 90732
310-832-3311
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  The only surgeon i would recommend in Los Angeles  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

I would like to recommend Dr. Vokshoor to anyone with cervical, spine or Neuro issues that they may be having. This Dr. is young, vibrant and highly intelligent. Not only was his bedside manner pleasing but for a person on Medicare i felt like i was getting the ultimate treatment of a millionaire, Most doctors come into the room with no patience and real regard to your actual pain. Dr. Vokshoor took his time in examining me and thoroughly explaining my diagnosis to me in plain English. I have never felt so comfortable and sure about any other doctor in the past. You will not be disappointed. (Might i add i am 73 years old with no back pain at all since i have had my surgery) Thank you Dr. Vokshoor.

|  If I could give 5 stars for Dr. Vokshoor, I would.  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

After 8 months of wrong diagnosis Dr.Vokshoor has correctly diagnosed my back injury. I felt as though the other physicians thought I was exaggerating or lying about my symptoms!? If only I would've known about he and his staff earlier in my injury...sigh. I am not here to slam other physicians but am very thankful that I am under his care now, I may need surgery but he definately isn't jumping the gun on this. Anyway, I feel confident that I will continue to get the best care from Dr. Vokshoor and most importantly I have gained my HOPE back. Maybe this review will save others from the grief and frustration I've experienced during this ordeal.

|  Dr vokshoor saved my son  |  show details
May 28th, 2011

my 18 year old son contracted a spinal infection. Other doctors believed surgery was not possible. Without surgery he may not have ever walked again and he could have died. Dr. Vokshoor confidently recommended immediate emergency survey to removed massive infectious materiel from the entirety of hid spine. After 3 days, my son is regaining feeling and even walking with a walker. Thank you Dr. Vokshoor for saving my son!!!

|  show details
Feb 4th, 2010

After having been seen by a number of neurosurgeons I selected Dr. Vokshoor to do my ALIF procedure. He is a caring doctor who understands the pain a person is in with back problems and the fear a person has knowing they have to go under the knife. He knows his stuff and knows it well. His surgical team was excellent and St. John's was the best experience I've ever had.My only complaint was with his secretary who does the scheduling of surgeries. She is the only weak spot in his practice.I would and have referred many people to Dr. Vokshoor.