Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Parent show details Parent
by Mary on Jul 14th, 2016

Much gratitude for Dr Katz, I put him in the category with Dr Charles Jones and Thich Nhat Hanh, life savers and true healers. First sigh of relief in years as a parent. True genius at work. I'm considering naming a new family addition after him. A REAL person who knows how to connect and truly cares. I could care less what the wait is, he gives each patient the time they need and sometimes it's us and I'm happy to wait while he tends to anyone in need of his care.

Top Neurologist show details Top Neurologist
Jul 13th, 2016

A real gentleman who is compassionate and knowledgeable.

finally!!! show details finally!!!
by Rosa on Mar 30th, 2016

Spent time researching patient history, testing...reports and listening to patients. I was eith Dr.Katz's for 3 hours . I asked if he would explain my brain MRI's 3 of them. He sat with me and explained...and it explained my symptoms. He is thought out so he take time in piecing the years of illness together. I uses to be so frustrated, in 5 minutes and each doctor had an answer. They didn't know half the hostory and there it is all in a pill. Another for life without true understanding. My Gastro doc in my state and doctor Katz get it.

The best! show details The best!
by Estelle B. on Mar 1st, 2016

My husband was finally diagnosed and treated properly by Dr. Katz after over 6 years and many doctors who were all too quick to blame his problems on depression! We (yes, we, because I have become a patient alsoalso) continue to be in the excellent and compassionate care of this man who is totally about his patients! Dogs in the office are the best medicine. Don't like dogs? More than you want to be helped by this super smart Dr.? Your choice. Remember that old adage: You get what you pay for. And no, he is NOT about money.

Incredible healer show details Incredible healer
by AV on Feb 24th, 2016

Dr. Katz is the best physician that a patient with serious neurological illness or Lyme disease could ask for. He is truly amazing. He is incredibly knowledgeable, dedicated to his patients, caring, compassionate, and competent. I am astounded by his expertise and experience. I have put my life in his hands and I have not been disappointed. He is a life-saver who is dearly loved and respected by his patients since he serves each and every one of us as if we were the most important patient in his practice. He is worth a trip from anywhere. I thank God for him.

Brilliant and Compassionate show details Brilliant and Compassionate
by Caylee on Feb 23rd, 2016

It truly saddens me to read such negative reviews on Dr. Katz. I began seeing him five years ago after dozens of appointments throughout every major hospital in Boston without any hope of a diagnosis. Dr. Katz literally saved my life, and I thank God for him every day. Even today, as I see specialists I cannot imagine how anyone is able to maintain their sanity throughout a chronic illness without a doctor so compassionate as Dr. Katz. On my worst days, I have never felt hopeless because I know I have a physician that will stick by me even though I have a case that is the farthest thing from textbook. That is one of the most inspiring things about Dr. Katz, he realizes that no diagnosis is ever like another. You will never feel rushed in his presence, and I honestly have to say that regardless of the news or lab results I have never left his office feeling anything less than relieved. There is no doctor in the world like Dr. Katz, there is no one even comparable because he provides such compassion and understanding mixed with a sense of unmatched brilliance that could never be replicated. One of the most unique characteristics about Dr. Katz is that he knows everything there is to know about everything. He does not limit his practice to only one specialty because he is one of the only physicians that understands that diseases do not fall under only one umbrella. As a result, you will leave with a diagnosis rather than only one piece to a complex puzzle. As far as the office staff, they are absolutely amazing. I see people complaining for no one answering the phones, yet I can say from firsthand experience that they have spent countless hours helping me with authorizations, insurance issues, and referrals. If they have spent that much of their time helping me and I am only one patient, imagine the amount of work they have to do for hundreds. If you have seen Dr. Katz and visited his office personally then you should know that such individual attention is provided to everyone that walks through the door that they cannot possibly attend to so many calls at one time. You may not get an “immediate” response but it is well worth it considering you will never feel like you are just a number to Dr. Katz or his staff. Also, when you do get a response (which is ALWAYS the same day) the response is always so thorough that there is no room for any level of complaint. Even more so, they are always so kind and willing to help that people need to have a better understanding for the time it takes to provide such compassion. They are all amazing individuals and I do not have a single complaint. Living with a chronic illness means that you have to count your blessings, and I can honestly say that having Dr. Katz as my physician is one of the greatest blessings I have been granted.

by M Taylor on Aug 12th, 2015

Dr Katz is brilliant and has expertise in multiple clinical areas, including Lyme Disease, Narcolepsy, seizure disorders, diving medicine. He is an outstanding diagnostician. He is extremely thorough in his evaluations of patients.

by Kerry, Somerset, MA on Jul 7th, 2015

I have been a hospital nurse in Massachusetts 30 years and I I travel to CT twice per year to see Dr Katz for follow up on my MS. I also follow with the MS Partners at Brigham and Women's in Boston MA. Dr Katz recommended starting treatment with IVIG infusions before Boston, MA offered as a treatment. He is an exceptionally intelligent physician and takes over an hour with interview and exam every visit. Initial visit was over 2 hours. Because he spends so much time with each patient wait time in waiting room can be extended. It is a very low key office if you have an aversion to dogs or are allergic I would advise not to make an appointment with him as he does bring his dogs to the office and they follow him everywhere. I know he does not take my insurance and not sure if he takes any so payment is expected upon completion of visit. With all that being said he is an exceptional diagnostician who takes the time with the patient and truly listens to everything you have to say. I highly recommend.

Jun 24th, 2015

There is always a wait but I don't mind because I never feel rushed. He is very thorough.

Apr 1st, 2015

excellent physician...difficult office

Mar 20th, 2015

So great and such a big heart

Feb 12th, 2015

The man is a life saver

by S.B. on Aug 26th, 2013

I want to thank you all,for all you do and are! Our last appt. with my son was so important to him, and as always, Dr. Katz handled it so perfectly!! I truly hope you all know that the only reason we (as a family) are remotely as healthy as we are, is all due to you ALL!! I spend a lot of time thinking of how we can thank you properly, and I realize there aren't enough words, or enough money in the world to make our gratitude known!!! Thank you, we are forever in you debt!

by Mike Berk on Apr 18th, 2013

It seems as if the only negative reviews are from patients who could not make appointments. Dr. Katz is perhaps the most brilliant doctor and individual I have ever met. His knowledge and skill at diagnosing illnesses is in a league of his own. In response to the negative reviews, it makes sense to me that he reserves the right to not see certain patients and due to an extremely busy practice it is understandable that this may be the case, especially if he feels that the patient may be a liability or extremely high maintenance. With such high demand for his time and a incredibly busy practice it follows that he would not need to subject him self to patients who are going to be incredibly difficult, demanding or expecting of preferential treatment. The individual who was harping about being allergic to dogs and not being seen should have gone to see another doctor, it seems as if their judgment of him is out of bitterness and not a true evaluation as his ability or skill as a doctor. I personally have found that having the dogs at the office has made my treatment more enjoyable, they are loving, kind and well behaved. In the time that I have been a patient with Dr. Katz he has been one of the most caring and capable physicians I have ever seen. He goes above and beyond and spends a great deal of time with every patient. It is true that he is usually running behind due to this fact but if one understands that there will usually be a delay because he does take extra time with every patient he sees it is not an inconvenience as you can plan around this. In response to him not taking insurance, he is the best and if you want the best you sometimes have to pay for the best. I have found that communicating with the staff to make appointments at times can be frustrating but this has improved recently a great deal, perhaps in response to the feedback received. His office is not just a place where one goes to be cured of their illness it is an environment where one goes to be healed not just physically but psychologically healing. One quality that none have commented on but I have found to be a aspect of his care that no other doctor has brought is an underlying spirituality, his being is reminiscent of the primitive shaman or village medicine man wrapped in the cloak of a modern physician. I would recommend that anyone who is suffering from Lyme go to see him because he is the best at what he does.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
a terrific compassionate doctor show details a terrific compassionate doctor
Nov 8th, 2012

there are so many wonder ful things to say about this humble, brilliant doctor. He is so down to earth I even love the way the office looks --it looks more like a wonderful studio--all doctors should take a tour of his office and learn how to really treat their patients--medically and emotionaly It is very homey there-it puts patients at ease. I was referred to a different dr for the lyme but for some strange reason I found dr Katz name and was drawn to it --a gut feeling (i was right)!he is saving my life and other lives god bless you always dr. katz

Jul 19th, 2012

Very smart man

Dr. Katz doesn't compare to any doctor I have ever seen! show details Dr. Katz doesn't compare to any doctor I have ever seen!
May 23rd, 2012

your wait might be 1 to 2 hours but Dr. Katz is so worth his weight in gold! He gives you all the time you need. I really feel he cares about you. You don't feel rushed like you're in an assembly line. When I first met him he was in black jeans and black t-shirt and right away I didn't get that feeling like some people give off that high and mighty,like cause I wear a $3000 suit and I am a doctor, so I am smarter then you. I felt that he was at my level and he doesn't come across that I am better then you. His desk was messy but he seemed to know where everything was and a study showed messy desks could be responsible for more organized thinking, and I totally agree with that. I drive 2 1/2 hours from Jersey to Conneticut and he is soooo worth it.

exceptional lyme doctor show details exceptional lyme doctor
Aug 11th, 2011

Diagnosed my daughter with Lyme disease when no other doctors even recognize her symptoms as Lyme. He is great at diagnosis and spending time with you. She had severe headaches. He recognized this as fluid on the brain (a Lyme symptom). He gave her some meds and within three days she no longer had headaches. When you are with him he never rushes. The wait for your appt. is usually 1 hour. We have gotten use to it and call the office to check on the delay time. He is not good on returning telephone calls (this is frustrating - but because he is so good we live with it.) We recommend everyone with Lyme to this Dr. We believe that he is the best Lyme Dr. in the tri=state area. Without Dr. Katz our daughter may be bed ridden or perhaps even dead from the Lyme attacking her heart.

Jun 7th, 2011

Pick up the phone or at least call back, phone tag is not a one way game.

Great - when you actually see him. show details Great - when you actually see him.
Mar 14th, 2011

Dr. Katz is excellent when we actually get in for our appointments. He spends an extraodinary amount of time with each patient and is well versed in his field and the latest research. Excellent bed-side manner too. So if you get into see him, you will be pleased.There are issues you should know about though:1) Staff does not pick up phones and have to leave a message to make an appt.2) Staff is poor at returning calls - though shockingly they did within 15 minutes of me leaving a message today. I wouldn't call this a start of a new trend and remain skeptical, but at least they were responsive today.3) Dr. Katz and the office is fairly disorganized. If you have scripts that need refilling or reauthorizations that need to take place, you have to keep on top of them. Sometimes they get it done without you calling, sometimes not so. So be sure to stay in the loop.4) Insurance - he doesn't take any. So be prepared to pay and deal with your own insurance provider's policy for out of network providers. Fortunately the homecare nursing, medication, etc, is fully covered by our insurance w/o co-pay.So there you have it - Excellent doctor, but one has to persevere and be persistent. Not the greatest situation, but perhaps it will get better. he has a website under development. Perhaps that will help to improve his staff's efficiency.

by Sarah on Dec 13th, 2010

Dr Katz was the best neurologist I have ever seen. He really cares about his patients and won't treat you like a disease to look at.

Oct 15th, 2010

The most unprofessional office staff I have ever seen. Tried for 4 months toget a phone call returned. NO LUCK

Aug 2nd, 2010

Dr. Amiram Katz is an exceptional MD. He is brilliant, kind, caring and compassionate. A rare find in medicine these days.

by Catherine Roy on Jun 10th, 2010

He was the best neurologist I ever had. He goes way beyond writing a prescription.

Apr 30th, 2010

Outstanding doctor. Briliant. Goes above and beyond.

Dr. Katz show details Dr. Katz
Mar 17th, 2010

Dr. Katz is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. After being turned away by doctors in Boston he answered my prayer, and is literally saving my life. I owe him everything

Jan 24th, 2010

Saved my life!

by Pets Teacher on Oct 21st, 2009

I was very dissapointed at his lack of response to my lyme disease. i had thought he was "lyme literate". His staff was also uninterested and unhelpful and thankfully i got to a lyme specialist and am improving now.If seeing him for lyme PLEASE make a back up appt. with another dr. as he didn't help me at all despite having well documented cronic lyme.

Sep 18th, 2009

He is an excellent diagnostician. But he would not help us fight the insurance company to get our child IV antibiotics. He never returned our emails or repeated, repeated telephone calls. His staff does not answer phones, usually you can only leave a message on an answering machine.

I can't say enough...exceptional show details I can't say enough...exceptional
by Catherine Roy on Feb 9th, 2009

Incredible doctor. Only neurologist I ever had that went beyond prescribing drugs.

Oct 8th, 2008

Dr. Katz is the best doctor I have ever had. He stays abreast of changes in healthcare and always looks to improve upon his own interventions. He is completely respectful of his patients intelligence understands their challenges.