Dr. Amiram Katz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 8th, 2016
very disappointed
I was referred to this doctor for issues with severe neurological Lyme Disease. His office staff told me that the office does not accept insurance, and that I would be required to pay cash, which I already knew and was willing to do. Then I was informed by his office staff that I was also required to have a form of insurance, and that he did not see patients who had Medicaid and/or Medicaid. I told them I was on Social Security Disability, and that my only insurance was both Medicaid and Medicare, since I reside in NY state. If he only accepts cash as a form of payment, then why does he care what type of insurance a patient has, and why will he not see patients who do not have private insurance? Obviously is someone is quite ill and debilitated with something as severe as Neuroborreliosis, then how are they ever supposed to improve or achieve remission if they are not able to see doctor's conducive to their condition? I feel Dr. Katz's policy on only seeing patients with private insurance when he only accepts cash as a form of payment is wrong and highly unethical, as well as counterproductive to the well-being of very sick people.

October 12th, 2016
DID NOT RESPOND AFTER VISIT WITH RESULTS
I traveled from Maine to his office. I gave 10+vials of blood. I spent 2+hours chatting. I paid $400 for the visit and $200 for blood to be sent to California lab. I waited for his scheduled call, and waited, and waited... I began calling and leaving messages, over and over, and never once got a reply from his office or him. I would never recommend this doctor. Something is very wrong in that office.

July 14th, 2016
Parent
Much gratitude for Dr Katz, I put him in the category with Dr Charles Jones and Thich Nhat Hanh, life savers and true healers. First sigh of relief in years as a parent. True genius at work. I'm considering naming a new family addition after him. A REAL person who knows how to connect and truly cares. I could care less what the wait is, he gives each patient the time they need and sometimes it's us and I'm happy to wait while he tends to anyone in need of his care.

July 13th, 2016
Top Neurologist
A real gentleman who is compassionate and knowledgeable.

March 30th, 2016
finally!!!
Spent time researching patient history, testing...reports and listening to patients. I was eith Dr.Katz's for 3 hours . I asked if he would explain my brain MRI's 3 of them. He sat with me and explained...and it explained my symptoms. He is thought out so he take time in piecing the years of illness together. I uses to be so frustrated, in 5 minutes and each doctor had an answer. They didn't know half the hostory and there it is all in a pill. Another for life without true understanding. My Gastro doc in my state and doctor Katz get it.

March 1st, 2016
The best!
My husband was finally diagnosed and treated properly by Dr. Katz after over 6 years and many doctors who were all too quick to blame his problems on depression! We (yes, we, because I have become a patient alsoalso) continue to be in the excellent and compassionate care of this man who is totally about his patients! Dogs in the office are the best medicine. Don't like dogs? More than you want to be helped by this super smart Dr.? Your choice. Remember that old adage: You get what you pay for. And no, he is NOT about money.

February 24th, 2016
Incredible healer
Dr. Katz is the best physician that a patient with serious neurological illness or Lyme disease could ask for. He is truly amazing. He is incredibly knowledgeable, dedicated to his patients, caring, compassionate, and competent. I am astounded by his expertise and experience. I have put my life in his hands and I have not been disappointed. He is a life-saver who is dearly loved and respected by his patients since he serves each and every one of us as if we were the most important patient in his practice. He is worth a trip from anywhere. I thank God for him.

February 23rd, 2016
Brilliant and Compassionate
It truly saddens me to read such negative reviews on Dr. Katz. I began seeing him five years ago after dozens of appointments throughout every major hospital in Boston without any hope of a diagnosis. Dr. Katz literally saved my life, and I thank God for him every day. Even today, as I see specialists I cannot imagine how anyone is able to maintain their sanity throughout a chronic illness without a doctor so compassionate as Dr. Katz. On my worst days, I have never felt hopeless because I know I have a physician that will stick by me even though I have a case that is the farthest thing from textbook. That is one of the most inspiring things about Dr. Katz, he realizes that no diagnosis is ever like another. You will never feel rushed in his presence, and I honestly have to say that regardless of the news or lab results I have never left his office feeling anything less than relieved. There is no doctor in the world like Dr. Katz, there is no one even comparable because he provides such compassion and understanding mixed with a sense of unmatched brilliance that could never be replicated. One of the most unique characteristics about Dr. Katz is that he knows everything there is to know about everything. He does not limit his practice to only one specialty because he is one of the only physicians that understands that diseases do not fall under only one umbrella. As a result, you will leave with a diagnosis rather than only one piece to a complex puzzle. As far as the office staff, they are absolutely amazing. I see people complaining for no one answering the phones, yet I can say from firsthand experience that they have spent countless hours helping me with authorizations, insurance issues, and referrals. If they have spent that much of their time helping me and I am only one patient, imagine the amount of work they have to do for hundreds. If you have seen Dr. Katz and visited his office personally then you should know that such individual attention is provided to everyone that walks through the door that they cannot possibly attend to so many calls at one time. You may not get an “immediate” response but it is well worth it considering you will never feel like you are just a number to Dr. Katz or his staff. Also, when you do get a response (which is ALWAYS the same day) the response is always so thorough that there is no room for any level of complaint. Even more so, they are always so kind and willing to help that people need to have a better understanding for the time it takes to provide such compassion. They are all amazing individuals and I do not have a single complaint. Living with a chronic illness means that you have to count your blessings, and I can honestly say that having Dr. Katz as my physician is one of the greatest blessings I have been granted.

August 12th, 2015
Dr Katz is brilliant and has expertise in multiple clinical areas, including Lyme Disease, Narcolepsy, seizure disorders, diving medicine. He is an outstanding diagnostician. He is extremely thorough in his evaluations of patients.

July 7th, 2015
I have been a hospital nurse in Massachusetts 30 years and I I travel to CT twice per year to see Dr Katz for follow up on my MS. I also follow with the MS Partners at Brigham and Women's in Boston MA. Dr Katz recommended starting treatment with IVIG infusions before Boston, MA offered as a treatment. He is an exceptionally intelligent physician and takes over an hour with interview and exam every visit. Initial visit was over 2 hours. Because he spends so much time with each patient wait time in waiting room can be extended. It is a very low key office if you have an aversion to dogs or are allergic I would advise not to make an appointment with him as he does bring his dogs to the office and they follow him everywhere. I know he does not take my insurance and not sure if he takes any so payment is expected upon completion of visit. With all that being said he is an exceptional diagnostician who takes the time with the patient and truly listens to everything you have to say. I highly recommend.

June 24th, 2015
There is always a wait but I don't mind because I never feel rushed. He is very thorough.

April 1st, 2015