A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is deceased.
Learn more about Dr. Amiram Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Amiram Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Amiram Shapiro, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem.
Dr. Shapiro has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Harrisburg Hospital
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Amiram M. Shapiro practice?
Dr. Amiram Shapiro practices Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery, Surgery, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery near Springfield, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Wilkes Barre, PA and Bala Cynwyd, PA.
See Springfield Ophthalmologists, Springfield Plastic Surgeons, and Springfield Surgeons.