Dr. Amirhassan Bahreman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

no change

September 26th, 2016
What a Joke!
Simply put, this guy is a bad example of a doctor 1 star is too nice of a compliment for "Dr" Bahreman. I was in for a consult due to having a seizure. He was rude, arrogant, and a jerk. This guy had the gal to answer his cell phone during my consult and it was not an important call. That was after him being an hour late to my appointment. Yes, 1 hour which cost me 2 hours after the appointment of sitting around for my ride to pick me up because he was late. Had he been on time my friend would have been able to get me back home within a reasonable time because of her medical needs that needed to be done on time. He was an hour late to seeing me. Thabks for the first impression. He only asked one followup question regarding my seizure and for some reason my answer was obscure to him. Did I pee myself? Nope. 30 minutes of no eye contact and him typing away and chewing me out, why you ask? I had a letter from the DMV that said my license was not suspended or revoked but I need a medical re-examination so I can drive. He asked if I had driven my car recently and I answered honestly. I had a friend helping me out and drove me to and from my appointment that day. This tool, when I asked a simple question, belittled me for not know the answer myself. I was quite composed when I told him the reason I'm asking questions is because I need his help because I'm not a doctor myself and do not know the answer. Sorry for having never gone to med school doc! What a freaking jackhole! I needed a doctors note for work, he told me he cannot give me one because he is not a vocational doctor. The note he wrote now prevents me from returning to work. Well thanks! I have anxiety and panic attacks now since my seizure and asked him if it was normal, to which he replied I need to see a shrink because I should know he isn't one, sorry doc, I thought you worked with neurological issues that include side effects from having a seizure because you are neurologist. While waiting in the exam room for 45 minutes I should have paid better attention to the Omega-3 poster on the wall amd knosn I should get up and walk out of that place. Yeah, Omega-3 helps with neurological problems right?? No wait!!! All the homeopathic bottles of bull that was on display behind the front desk (mind you hidden past the door into the back office) should have been my first clue that I should have run out of there as fast as possible. 5 weeks to see a neurologist and his was the earliest time I could get. What a waste of my time and blood pressure. Needless to say, my experience with this guy was not a good one. I am going to doctor shop amd find one that is at least courteous enough to not answer their cell phone during my appointment. Take my advice and do not waste your time with this guy. He's an insult to the medical profession.

August 16th, 2016
Answering phone and call back
Very poor office staff

January 12th, 2016
Terrible.
Condescending and rude. Another lady did the neurological exam so he spent maybe 5 minutes with me and most of the time was him grilling me about if I drank (i told him repeatedly that I don't because I had a liver transplant at age 7 and open heart surgery 2 years ago) so he could see if "a glass of wine would help my tremor" I kid you not. A tremor that I've had for a decade from medication and was not one of the symptoms I was there for. And the rest of the 5 min of him staring at me like he was trying to figure out if I was making the whole thing up. Oh and let us not forget him trying to tell the lady that actually did my exam that she did it wrong if she got the results she did. During the first visit he scheduled my next visit for 6 months out thus backing up the feeling that he felt a complete lack of concern for what I was feeling. When I called for my MRI results the girl told me she needed permission to share the results but he was out of the office so I ordered the results myself which said I had small brain bleeds so was surprised when she called me back (and not the doctor) to tell me my results were "normal" and he would discuss the "details at the next visit" 6 months out! No thanks. He should have talked to me himself. I've dealt with enough doctors after my transplant and with me heart issues to know that this service was so completely unacceptable. Oh and my favorite part!!: at the end of him spending 5 min of terrible treatment with me, he has the nerve to turn towards me as he's walking out and tell me "please make sure to come back for any and all of your future neurological needs" it sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. He was his own live commercial O.o

October 13th, 2015
Amazing Dr he answer all myquestions stepnd time with me and did all the test I needed, he found out there was something wrong with my lower back and send me with a great neurosurgeon, Dr bahreman is one of the most amazing and caring Drs I've known and the staff is great they get back with msg right away!

August 10th, 2015
good doc and a good guy
Dr. B is a caring individual who comes across as a bit scattered because of his gentle nature. However, he is wise beyond his nature and years.

August 7th, 2015
Great Doctor!!! Spent time with me. Ordered test. Showed concern and wanted to follow up with me.

April 15th, 2015
Scary!
His knowledge for rare disorders is few and far between and he lacks any interest in growing his knowledge regarding these rare disorders. He spends very little time with the patient and makes them wait an offensive amount of time to be seen.

February 19th, 2015
No time for you
This dr is pathetic. I was referred to dr bahreman for control of epilepsy. I was taking 2 anti-seizure medications. After a blood test, dr bahreman told me blood levels of both drugs were fine. He said he'd send my prescription renewals to my pharmacist. It took him 6 WEEKS to get back to my pharmacist. This was after numerous requests not only by my pharmacist, but by myself and even my family doctor. After all of that, he got the dosage wrong!! I had an increase in seizure activity because I had no access to my anti-seizure meds.

February 11th, 2015
Best neurologist
He is a great neurologist, on my visit I did spend a little to be taken back but when he went in to the exam room it was a great experience.