Physical Medicine Rehabilitation, Interventional Spine Specialist

140 Hill St
Bucyrus, OH 44820
419-462-4537
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Best Pain Doc Hands Down!  |  show details
by Barbara B on Feb 16th, 2014

I was a former patient of Dr. Korby and was on high dose pain meds for years. I had injections, therapy, chiropractic visits with no results. I was reassigned to Dr. Patel because Korby practice closed. Dr. Patel is very direct and too the point. He wants to figure out my problem. He ended up burning the nerves in my neck and low back and now I take a pain pill only at bedtime compared to 8-10 a day. He is my savior and I thank the Lord above for putting this man in my life. He is the best pain doc in ohio.

|  ALGO RITHMIC SURGICAL /INJECTION /MANY MORE = NERVE INJURY  |  show details
by brian kenney on Dec 26th, 2013

I WAS A PATIENT OF HIS AT THE STATE TEACHING HOSPITAL IN TOLEDO OHIO HE PUT ME THROUGH 3YEARS OF TORTURE OF ALGORITHMIC SURGICAL FROM A TO Z EVEN WHEN DR PATEL SENT ME TO A SURGICAL CONSULTATION !!! THAT WAS NOT A SURGICAL CANDIDATE !!!!! EVEN WHEN THE NEUROLOGIST SAID NO DO NOT GET ANY SPINE / SACROILIAC SURGERIES EVER DO TO THEY ALL READY KNEW I HAD A RHEUMATIC DISEASE THAT WAS NEVER TO GET THAT TYPE OF SURGICAL TREATMENTS RESULTS HE WENT AND MADE GET A RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION BY LING AND GREEDY INJECTION COWBOY WHO CAUSED LIFE LONG NERVE DAMAGE ONLY HALF WAY THROUGH THIS SURGICAL PROCEDURE DUE TO SET THE TEMP. TO HI HEAT AT ALL OF THE 4 ( 6"} STEEL PROBES INJECTED AT MY RIGHT L-5 /S-1 /S-2 /S-3 NERVE ENDINGS {FRIED THEM LIKE FISH IN OIL} THEN EVEN WAS MAD DUE TO ALL MY VITALS WERE WAY TO HI !!! ?? TO CONTINUE THE LEFT SIDE !! DUE TO THEY HAD THE SURGICAL ROOM RESERVED FOR 1.5 HR. RIGHT I WAS IN AGONY THEN THEY LIED ON ALL AND EVERY REPORT AFTER THIS TOOK PLACE ! EVEN SENT ME HOME BY WHEEL CHAIR WITH FEVER THEN SPINE INFECTIONS AT THE INJECTION SITE !! AS FOR THE NERVE DAMAGE IS TO BOTH LOWER LIMBS = PAIN X 20 WITH CHRONIC NERVE SPAS. 24 /7 !! THEY GAVE OXYCONTIN 40 / AND OTHER BUT NEVER TREATED THE NERVE PAIN DUE TO THEY OMITTED ALL FACTS / OMISSIONS TO HIDE INJURY THEN HIS CHIEF PROFESSOR FIRED HIM THEN KICKED ME OUT LIKE TRASH WITH NERVE DAMAGE /INJURIES / EVEN LIED ON FEDERALLY PROTECTED MEDICAL RECORDS TO NOT ONLY HIDE THE CAUSATION OF THIS BUT ALL THE MEDICARE FRAUD DUE TO EACH AND EVERY INJECTION/ X 15 BILATERALLY AND ALL OF THE PROCEDURES WERE NEVER NEEDED DUE TO THEY WERE TO SEND ME TO A REAL RHEUMATOLOGIST!! SO TO TREAT THE REAL CAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL PAIN. THIS IS PUBLIC INFO DUE TO OHIO LAW / RE: MEDICAL MALPRACTICE !! CHECK ON THIS STORY. BE CAREFUL CAUSE IN OHIO 85% OF ALL DOCTORS ARE PROTECTED BY IMMUNITY LAWS SO THEY CAN NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF MEDICAL INJURY OR DEATH AND THEY ARE ALOUD TO AND TAUGHT TO OMIT ALL AND ANY MEDICAL FACTS THAT MIGHT PROVE THEIR WRONG DOING! WORST OF ALL THIS HAPPENS EVERY DAY IN AMERICA

|  Thankful  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2013

I have been dealing with horrible back pain and sciatia for decades. Saw pain management specialists in florida with minimal results and moved back to ohio and was sent to Dr. Patel. He burned my nerves in my low back and did nerve blocks for my leg pain. My symptoms are practically gone. I can finally live a normal life. He is the best interventional pain doc I have dealt with and extremely grateful.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Im sure you know my name Pain Managment Center of Marysville Hospital on Dec 17th, 2013

Dislike.... after seeing him from June 2013 to November 2013 I was released from his care. I was given back injections and they did not work at all. My last visit just 2 weeks ago I was given a urine test. Before test I was asked if I was taking my meds properly. I said to Dr Patel no! I was able to come in last week bc you took that week off so I have been out of my meds. Well during that week I had some Tylenol 3 from my tooth being pulled almost a year ago. I took the bc im sick of dealing with chronic pain daily. Anyways, I explained to Dr Patel I had not taken my meds for a few days. Urine test came back and I didn't have what was prescribed in my system so I was released from his care. No whether I did wrong or right this is why they patients that do truly need them get the bad rap bc all the addicts out their have destroyed the doctor patient trust. I have had my disease now since 2004 and Im just suppose to say okay I will walk away? I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR! THIS IS MY FIRST PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINIC AND IT WILL BE MY LAST! THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT DOCTORS!

by Pauline Alldaffer on Dec 6th, 2013

Dr Patel was rude the minute he walked in to the exam room. He did not even exam me before he sent me for a x-ray. He advised me to call his office for a follow up appointment to go over the x-ray. At this time I have called his office twice to find no one answers the phone at his office. I have left two messages over the past month and no one has returned my phone calls. This is unacceptable in my option for any professional to treat a patient.

|  Doesn't care about his patients.  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2013

I thought he was a good dr. However he leaves patients up to 4 days without their meds. Was too hard for him to write a simple script. He won't receive any money from me till he does his job. Guess I'll be looking for a new dr. Sad because his nurses are extremely nice and professional. His new secretary I hope none of you have to deal with. It's clear she hates her job.

Sep 9th, 2013

He is the best interventional pain doc in the area hands down! he is the complete package and has made a huge difference in my life. Recommend him highly..

|  Worth it  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

very good bedside manner. Excellent dianostician. Found the source of my neck pain when no one else could. he is the best doctor!!

|  Perhaps a little autocratic but............  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

....is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. Especially good withSI issues.

|  great doctor for herniated discs!  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

im a teen athlete who was told i could never play sports again, he treated my herniated disc with shots, and then a nucleoplasty surgery, that was 2 years ago, i am now graduating and have had no problems with back all through football and wrestling..highly reccomend him!

Oct 13th, 2010

While I feel that he has accurately diagnosed a patient, I feel the patient was misdirected for appropriate course of treatment for his current condition. His recommendations could ultimately put the patient at risk for further injury. I feel that Dr. Amish should consult with all the doctors involved with a patients care before instructing a patient.

|  I finally can live my life!  |  show details
by Diana on Jan 26th, 2010

After seeing multiple physicians regarding my low back pain, I was loosing my mind. The pain was untolerable and my life was miserable. Medications didn't help and I wasn't ready for the risk of sugery. Dr.Patel ultimately gave me the correct diagnosis and his plan of treatment has me 100% pain free. I have my life back.

|  Poor bedside manner  |  show details
by Bad mistake on Jan 2nd, 2010

Dr. Patel blows my mind in terms of his lack of bedside manner. Actually the entire PM & R clinic at UTMC is somewhat callous and largely cares about the almighty dollar sign a little bit more than they do about their patients. There is just a very palpable lack of trust between Doctor and patient. If you somehow cross or upset Dr. Patel, and he determines that you are not a profitable use of his time, he will actually go out of his way (in my opinion) to give you a "lump of coal handshake" on your way out. I could not believe my last appointment in his clinic. He completely humiliated me in front of two medical students and two residents. Basically, he will first make things so uncomfortable that you never want to return and will not allow you to schedule appointments without officially discharging you. This way, he does not have to provide the 30 days of care, required by law, while you look for another doctor. This is my opinion based on my personal experience, but I have heard of at least one other patient saying the same thing.

Feb 27th, 2009

great doctor. quick, wen giving steroid injection, makes it easy and talks you through everything. explains in detail,cares about his patients, knows what were going through from bulging disc experience, by far the best doctor ive seen who has given me the most hope.

Jul 22nd, 2008

Other doctors wish they could walk in his shoes- he is total awesome!