Physical Medicine Rehabilitation, Interventional Spine Specialist

Mar 2nd, 2015

Just wants to make money. He is a sociopath with a degree.

Best I have felt in years show details Best I have felt in years
by Kevin B on Aug 11th, 2014

All I can say he is the real deal. I had a 2 level fusion with good pain relief then was in a car accident and required a 3rd level fused. Sill had severe and then had a stimulator put in which did not help. Then I was referred to Dr. Patel through a friend. He told me my pain was coming from above and below the fusion. I had an RFA that completely cured my upper pain and a steroid into my si joint which helped my lower pain a lot. This is amazing to not be in severe pain. I am off my pain patches.

Cured show details Cured
by April Fultz on May 3rd, 2014

I had low back and a later a three level fusion. Had a spinal cord stimulator placement with minimal relief. Was referred to Dr. Patel an he recommended RFA above my surgery site. 3 months and pain free. Dr. Patel is the best. I am so happy. See this man if you have a legitmate problem!

He is the best! show details He is the best!
Apr 17th, 2014

I am a workmans comp injury from 1998. Dealt with sciatica pain with no relief. Had injections with no relief. I am retired now and was referred to Dr. Patel. He felt my pain was from L5 and performed a nerve block on both sides. Pain is now completely gone and has stayed that way for the last 6 months. Thank you Dr. Patel.

Best Pain Doc Hands Down! show details Best Pain Doc Hands Down!
by Barbara B on Feb 16th, 2014

I was a former patient of Dr. Korby and was on high dose pain meds for years. I had injections, therapy, chiropractic visits with no results. I was reassigned to Dr. Patel because Korby practice closed. Dr. Patel is very direct and too the point. He wants to figure out my problem. He ended up burning the nerves in my neck and low back and now I take a pain pill only at bedtime compared to 8-10 a day. He is my savior and I thank the Lord above for putting this man in my life. He is the best pain doc in ohio.

Thankful show details Thankful
Dec 18th, 2013

I have been dealing with horrible back pain and sciatia for decades. Saw pain management specialists in florida with minimal results and moved back to ohio and was sent to Dr. Patel. He burned my nerves in my low back and did nerve blocks for my leg pain. My symptoms are practically gone. I can finally live a normal life. He is the best interventional pain doc I have dealt with and extremely grateful.

Doesn't care about his patients. show details Doesn't care about his patients.
Nov 15th, 2013

I thought he was a good dr. However he leaves patients up to 4 days without their meds. Was too hard for him to write a simple script. He won't receive any money from me till he does his job. Guess I'll be looking for a new dr. Sad because his nurses are extremely nice and professional. His new secretary I hope none of you have to deal with. It's clear she hates her job.

Worth it show details Worth it
Jun 28th, 2012

very good bedside manner. Excellent dianostician. Found the source of my neck pain when no one else could. he is the best doctor!!

Perhaps a little autocratic but............ show details Perhaps a little autocratic but............
Mar 13th, 2012

....is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. Especially good withSI issues.

great doctor for herniated discs! show details great doctor for herniated discs!
May 24th, 2011

im a teen athlete who was told i could never play sports again, he treated my herniated disc with shots, and then a nucleoplasty surgery, that was 2 years ago, i am now graduating and have had no problems with back all through football and wrestling..highly reccomend him!

Oct 13th, 2010

While I feel that he has accurately diagnosed a patient, I feel the patient was misdirected for appropriate course of treatment for his current condition. His recommendations could ultimately put the patient at risk for further injury. I feel that Dr. Amish should consult with all the doctors involved with a patients care before instructing a patient.

I finally can live my life! show details I finally can live my life!
by Diana on Jan 26th, 2010

After seeing multiple physicians regarding my low back pain, I was loosing my mind. The pain was untolerable and my life was miserable. Medications didn't help and I wasn't ready for the risk of sugery. Dr.Patel ultimately gave me the correct diagnosis and his plan of treatment has me 100% pain free. I have my life back.

Poor bedside manner show details Poor bedside manner
by Bad mistake on Jan 2nd, 2010

Dr. Patel blows my mind in terms of his lack of bedside manner. Actually the entire PM & R clinic at UTMC is somewhat callous and largely cares about the almighty dollar sign a little bit more than they do about their patients. There is just a very palpable lack of trust between Doctor and patient. If you somehow cross or upset Dr. Patel, and he determines that you are not a profitable use of his time, he will actually go out of his way (in my opinion) to give you a "lump of coal handshake" on your way out. I could not believe my last appointment in his clinic. He completely humiliated me in front of two medical students and two residents. Basically, he will first make things so uncomfortable that you never want to return and will not allow you to schedule appointments without officially discharging you. This way, he does not have to provide the 30 days of care, required by law, while you look for another doctor. This is my opinion based on my personal experience, but I have heard of at least one other patient saying the same thing.

Feb 27th, 2009

great doctor. quick, wen giving steroid injection, makes it easy and talks you through everything. explains in detail,cares about his patients, knows what were going through from bulging disc experience, by far the best doctor ive seen who has given me the most hope.

Jul 22nd, 2008

Other doctors wish they could walk in his shoes- he is total awesome!