Dr. Amit Arora MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 25th, 2016
Treated like a drug seeker!
I was referred to Arora Amit MD form the pain clinic. I have never failed a drug screen, takes meds a described but I have had excessive muscle pain, tremors and other symptoms I wanted to discuss with a professional. The front desk was very nice had about an hour wait to see Arora Amit MD. When Dr. Arora Amit came in the room he ask about what was going on. The first thing I wanted to discuss was my constant muscle pain. He looked at my meds and said I can tell you right now I will not give you more meds. I tried to explain I was look for answers not meds. I am tired of hurting. He did not look or ask questions about a report I brought from 2012 from a neurologist from Nashville. He continued to say he was unable to help me. my opinion he treated me like a "DRUG SEEKER" and cared less about issues! My visit lasted maybe 10 minutes. He was never rude just matter of fact. Saddened that I was treated this way..... Why, I don't know, I was having issues about my health, that he did not address.

July 21st, 2016
Not happy
I have been going to Dr. Arora for over 3 years and not had a problem with him until my last visit,I was trying to tell him my symptoms,but before I could get anything said he was going to put me on another medication and I said no I don't think I need another medicine,I think that is my problem,that I am getting to much medication,my husband was with me.Dr Arora blurted out I just need to drop you and of course that up set me and I started crying and I got aggravated with him,then he turned around and cut my medication in half.I just don't get it,Doctor are suppose to listen to their patients to get to the root of their problems,but they just don't listening anymore.Patients you have to be your on advocate.What I cannot understand is why Dr. Arora is taking on new patients when he cannot take care of patients he already has.I really had no problems with him until this last visit.I am a nurse and was taught to listen to your patients and I definitely think doctors should listen to their patients so they want get the wrong diagnosis.I can remember a very nice older doctor saying all doctors need to watch the movie Patch Adams.We are paying hard earn money to get help and they just don't listen,I would not be spending money for nothing,I am there for a reason.So I don't give Dr. Arora any stars and I don't recommend him to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!'I had to give him one star to be able to submit this review😕

November 5th, 2015
Very knowledgeable! He seemed in a hurry, and I didn't feel like he really listened to me. It made me feel like he was rushing me out to get to to his next patient. My previous neurologist always took his time to listen to me. I felt like he really cared.

October 28th, 2015
Talent Acquisition Sr. Advisor
First impressions are what matters in my opinion as a recruiter for Dell. So my first impression of Dr.Amit Arora was amazing! Not only did he have the patient bedside manner that we all appreciate....he was very thoroughly in explaining the steps in his evaluation he was performing. My prognosis was great! I am going to live another 20 years! Also, I loved his staff and their professionalism...from check in desk to his nurse, Molly. Thank you so much!

October 23rd, 2015
Saw Dr. Arora today for my 6 month checkup. In addition to my seizures, I wanted his opinion about the cervical disc that are bothering me. I felt so much better after talking to him. He puts my mind at ease and gives me support and encouragement. If I need him before my next checkup, I know he'll be there and I am grateful that he is my doctor.

October 13th, 2015
Very caring, knowlegable , understanding. His staff are wonderful as well.

February 10th, 2015
A very kind and gentle person and a wonderful doctor. He actually listens and cares about is patients welfare.

January 15th, 2015
GO.SOMEWHERE.ELSE!!!!

June 3rd, 2014
Great Doctor
I been seeing him for a couple of years now. While it's hard for him to explain things, it's not for lack of understanding himself. He once told me, "it's complicated" and it was above my understanding. I trust him, I feel he is very smart and compassionate. I believe he hears what I say and what I don't say. He seems to just know what I'm going through and has a sincere interest in helping me. I like him and his staff and would/have recommended him to friends.

January 19th, 2014
He's one of the best!
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate Dr. Arora. He found my problem when two other Dr's had not. I appreciate that! Not only did he find the problem but he gave me a compounding cream to use instead of internal meds that might hurt my liver or kidney. His bedside manner is fantastic! He listens, advises and does not rush through the appt. I have never had a problem getting an appointment and the staff is wonderful. I think we are truly blessed in the Huntsville area to have a Dr. of his caliber. Thank you Dr. Arora, for caring about your patients!

December 7th, 2013
Then Speak Up People!
I get a kick out of these reviewers. They will say what they want to say ONLINE (like Facebook cowards), but as they are being disrespected - in the moment - by the Doctor, they say nothing and leave to write their online complaint - which should have been said to that doctor's face! How are these doctors going to improve? I almost died in the hands of a doctor's care. They are like you and me. They need to be questioned, researched and, yes, fired if they suck. There are going to be good doctors AND bad doctors. You have to do your homework and find the right one. They are normal human beings (not anything above) who need to be told to their face at that moment! I hope to bring power back to people as they have to take control of their health. You only have one life and one body.

July 17th, 2013
Find another Doctor, and RUN!!!!!!!
Upon seeking treatment for optic neuritis 5 months ago I was referred to Dr. Arora. Minimal tests were conducted and when I asked about my vision he said that I would have to ask an eye doctor about that. Kind of funny since I had brain issues. At that time a referral to UAB was requested and he refused to provide a referral. Amazing, I start walking around like a drunk last week. Classic symptoms of MS. Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!