Urologist, Urogynecologist, Pediatric Urologist
Video profile
235 Portal Ln
Suite B
Madison, AL 35758
Locations and availability (4)

|  Rushed - felt like cattle  |  show details
by Mr. Walkslike Penguin on Jan 31st, 2014

I decided to get a vasectomy and Dr. Amit Chakrabarty was the first doctor that was listed on my medical insurance as a preferred provider. I made an appointment for the initial consultation. The office staff and nurses were very kind and courteous. They took the time to explain the surgery, post-op care, and potential problems to look out for. However, I thought it strange that they had me urinate in a cup for a drug test as the very first thing when I came in just for a simple consult (I hadn't agreed to get the surgery or use him to di it yet). Then I met Dr. Chakrabarty. He rushed into the room and started punching on the little laptop while asking me various medical questions. He did not introduce himself to me, or ever even make eye contact. He assumed from the beginning that I had already decided to get the surgery, as well as choose him as my surgeon. It rubbed me the wrong way, but I shrugged it off and decided to keep the appointment and get it over with. Big mistake. The day of the surgery I took the little 10mg Valium and had my girlfriend drive me to his office. I was quite nervous about the surgery even with the Valium kicking in. Something about having your scrotum cut open can sober you up rather quickly. I expressed my nervousness to the nurse who just acted like I was being difficult, as did Dr. Chakrabarty. He came in, and without saying a word started drawing up the numbing nedication into a large syringe. He gave me the shot in my scrotum, which was slightly painful, then waited NO TIME and immediately cut open my scrotum with the "non-scapel" technicque. The pain was severe. It felt, and sounded, as if someone had attacked my nether region with a stapler. How this tool is supposed to be better than a nice sharp scapel, I will never understand. I yelped and said some nice four letter words. Dr. Chakrabarty, said, "Oh you felt that?" I said, "Yes, doesn't that medicine take a while to make it numb??!" He asked me if when I go to the dentist to have my teeth worked on "Does it take a few minutes to kick in to numb your gums" and I of course said "YES!" He said, "Well that would have been good to know!" I said hold up doc, is there anything else that might be good for you to know, because I'm not a doctor and this is my first vasectomy belive it or not (I was in a lot of pain and the guy was still trying to cut on me while we are having this dispute!). He reluctantly stops and gives me another shot, waits maybe 20 seconds, all the while going overboard acting like I'm just a huge inconvenience! THe pain eventually went away half way through the surgery. I soaked the table in sweat and was literally shaking afterwards. I don't consider myself a weak person, but there s really no way to be tough in that region. Dr. Chakrabarty needs to not be in such a rush. I can understand people get behind schedule sometimes, but to not even wait on the medication to adequately numb one's scrotum before pinching it open with the tow-nail-clipper-like tool is moronic. The recovery was also much worse and longer than anything I researched. It took 2 months for the pain to subside, and 3 months before I could have intercourse without pain making it impossible to enjoy. Do not let this doctor anywhere near your genitals.

|  MAHARANA  |  show details
by DR.ANTARJYAMI on Jan 18th, 2014

AMIT BABU, MY HEARFUL GREETINGS TO YOU FOR THE YEAR 2014.I AM A MKCGIAN AND 3 YRS JUNIOR TO YOU.YOU HAD BEEN AN IMPORTANT LAND MARK IN MY MEMMORIES OF MY COLLEGE DAYS.I MET YOU AT THE SCB MEDICAL COLLEGE ON 17/01/14 ON THE INTERNATIONAL UROGYN WORKSHOP. I MUST LEARN A LOT FROM YOU A LOT ABOUT UROGYN.CAN YOU MENTION YOUR WEB SITE. THANKING YOU. maharanaantar@gmail.com

by Patti Baker on Jan 11th, 2014

Dr. Chakrabarty was very professional and friendly. Explained in detail my diagnosis and what needed to be done to correct problem. I have been extremely pleased since my surgery and would highly recommend him to family and friends.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by LJohnson on Nov 13th, 2013

This doctor is truly an expert in his field. After 18 months, I still have no complications from the grade 3.5 prolapse I had. I would highly recommended him for his expertise.

|  extremely unprofessional  |  show details
by christina p on Sep 13th, 2013

I read these reviews and they were nothing like my husband and I experience for any of his appointments. My husband's 1st appt was towards the end of August 2013. We found his staff to be very friendly and helpful for the most part but our experience with the Dr Chakrabarty was very unprofessional. When he walked in he never said a word to my husband. He asked the nurse what was going on...which btw was low t...turned to my husband and asked his to drop his pants...no hi how are you, tell me what you experiencing, or any form of trying to get to know his him or make him feel comfortable. Then after he performed the prostate exam he threw his gloves away and walked out without and bye or do you have any questions... my husband is 27 with abnormally low testosterone we have several questions. The next 2 appts were pretty much just as unprofessional and one time the Dr never even came in the room. I'm so shocked by the these amazing reviews. I understand that looking at guys privates may not be the ideal thing to do everyday, but its no walk in the park for the men coming in there either...especially when this is there first visit to a urologist. I would not refer him to anyone even after reading all the other great reviews. Also all three of our appts we waited at lease on hour in the waiting room....the 1st appt we waited 2 hr 15mins

|  theraputic optometrist  |  show details
by Dr. Robert Soulages on May 4th, 2013

competent, complete ,and thorough; would not say done until all parameters were correct.

|  Office Staff Outstanding  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2013

My initial experience with this office was through the office staff and it was outstanding. They were were helpful in scheduling an appointment and even scanned and e-mailed the new patient forms to me (which their system was not set up to do). In person they were friendly and helpful as well. On top of that both times I've been to the office I have not had to wait more than 5-10 min to see the Doctor from my appointment time. Dr. Chakrabarty was attentive and businesslike even with a resident in tow. (I have had other Doctors talk more to the resident than me) He answered all my questions and was friendly without wasting time or making me feel rushed. His surgical skills were top notch and I had no problems during or after.

by Luis Nieves-Aviles on Jan 31st, 2013

I enjoy his sense of humor and accurate diagnosis. He has successfully cured me of various issues one at a time. Great doctor strongly recommended.

Apr 11th, 2012

Overall, seems to be very good, wouldtotally recommend to others.

|  Love him!  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

Caring and concerned- also he has a great personality!

|  Friendly doctor  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. C is really nice and caring. He has a great personality. Would recommend to others!

|  caring  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2010

seems to care for his patients and approaches the correct treatment method.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
May 5th, 2010

Good doctor,but not always on time.