Urologist, Urogynecologist, Pediatric Urologist
Video profile

by Robert M on Feb 8th, 2016

Great Doctor, Did a wonderful job and staff was nice and helpful. Thanks for the great experience.

by David G. Burns on Jan 18th, 2016

I have been dealing with my problem far too long. Dr. Chakrabarty appears to be the first Dr. that understands the problem, and has a plan. Great "bedside manner".

by Rupak Das, Ph. D. on Dec 20th, 2015

Dr. Amit Chakraborty belongs to the class of doctors who deserve veneration for their knowledge, alacrity and medical acumen. He did my critical Hernia operation as an outdoor patient, considering my financial condition which proved his humanity towards the society as well. The operation was very smooth and I went back home within a couple of hours. He has profound general overall medical knowledge despite his specialty in Urology. I would recommend him anyday, anywhere not only for urology-related consultation but for general medical conditions and help.

5 Stars show details 5 Stars
by Pam Owens for Verna Bryant on Nov 21st, 2015

Wonderful, knowledgable doctor. Our family is so thankful for the care and expertise Dr. Chakrabarty has shown his patient, our mother. Bedside manner is excellent. He successfully performed a very critical surgery on her, and we highly recommend him.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
Nov 18th, 2015

Wonderful, caring Doctor. Explains diagnosis and procedures thoroughly. Very knowledgable. Excellent surgeon. Honest and always has a good attitude.

Rushed - felt like cattle show details Rushed - felt like cattle
by Mr. Walkslike Penguin on Jan 31st, 2014

I decided to get a vasectomy and Dr. Amit Chakrabarty was the first doctor that was listed on my medical insurance as a preferred provider. I made an appointment for the initial consultation. The office staff and nurses were very kind and courteous. They took the time to explain the surgery, post-op care, and potential problems to look out for. However, I thought it strange that they had me urinate in a cup for a drug test as the very first thing when I came in just for a simple consult (I hadn't agreed to get the surgery or use him to di it yet). Then I met Dr. Chakrabarty. He rushed into the room and started punching on the little laptop while asking me various medical questions. He did not introduce himself to me, or ever even make eye contact. He assumed from the beginning that I had already decided to get the surgery, as well as choose him as my surgeon. It rubbed me the wrong way, but I shrugged it off and decided to keep the appointment and get it over with. Big mistake. The day of the surgery I took the little 10mg Valium and had my girlfriend drive me to his office. I was quite nervous about the surgery even with the Valium kicking in. Something about having your scrotum cut open can sober you up rather quickly. I expressed my nervousness to the nurse who just acted like I was being difficult, as did Dr. Chakrabarty. He came in, and without saying a word started drawing up the numbing nedication into a large syringe. He gave me the shot in my scrotum, which was slightly painful, then waited NO TIME and immediately cut open my scrotum with the "non-scapel" technicque. The pain was severe. It felt, and sounded, as if someone had attacked my nether region with a stapler. How this tool is supposed to be better than a nice sharp scapel, I will never understand. I yelped and said some nice four letter words. Dr. Chakrabarty, said, "Oh you felt that?" I said, "Yes, doesn't that medicine take a while to make it numb??!" He asked me if when I go to the dentist to have my teeth worked on "Does it take a few minutes to kick in to numb your gums" and I of course said "YES!" He said, "Well that would have been good to know!" I said hold up doc, is there anything else that might be good for you to know, because I'm not a doctor and this is my first vasectomy belive it or not (I was in a lot of pain and the guy was still trying to cut on me while we are having this dispute!). He reluctantly stops and gives me another shot, waits maybe 20 seconds, all the while going overboard acting like I'm just a huge inconvenience! THe pain eventually went away half way through the surgery. I soaked the table in sweat and was literally shaking afterwards. I don't consider myself a weak person, but there s really no way to be tough in that region. Dr. Chakrabarty needs to not be in such a rush. I can understand people get behind schedule sometimes, but to not even wait on the medication to adequately numb one's scrotum before pinching it open with the tow-nail-clipper-like tool is moronic. The recovery was also much worse and longer than anything I researched. It took 2 months for the pain to subside, and 3 months before I could have intercourse without pain making it impossible to enjoy. Do not let this doctor anywhere near your genitals.

by Patti Baker on Jan 11th, 2014

Dr. Chakrabarty was very professional and friendly. Explained in detail my diagnosis and what needed to be done to correct problem. I have been extremely pleased since my surgery and would highly recommend him to family and friends.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by LJohnson on Nov 13th, 2013

This doctor is truly an expert in his field. After 18 months, I still have no complications from the grade 3.5 prolapse I had. I would highly recommended him for his expertise.

Office Staff Outstanding show details Office Staff Outstanding
Mar 31st, 2013

My initial experience with this office was through the office staff and it was outstanding. They were were helpful in scheduling an appointment and even scanned and e-mailed the new patient forms to me (which their system was not set up to do). In person they were friendly and helpful as well. On top of that both times I've been to the office I have not had to wait more than 5-10 min to see the Doctor from my appointment time. Dr. Chakrabarty was attentive and businesslike even with a resident in tow. (I have had other Doctors talk more to the resident than me) He answered all my questions and was friendly without wasting time or making me feel rushed. His surgical skills were top notch and I had no problems during or after.

by Luis Nieves-Aviles on Jan 31st, 2013

I enjoy his sense of humor and accurate diagnosis. He has successfully cured me of various issues one at a time. Great doctor strongly recommended.

Apr 11th, 2012

Overall, seems to be very good, wouldtotally recommend to others.

Unethical show details Unethical
Jan 13th, 2012

Tells people that they need surgery when they do not....I wouldnt let him "fix" me again....horrible doctor would not recommend

Love him! show details Love him!
Mar 8th, 2011

Caring and concerned- also he has a great personality!

Friendly doctor show details Friendly doctor
Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. C is really nice and caring. He has a great personality. Would recommend to others!

caring show details caring
Dec 13th, 2010

seems to care for his patients and approaches the correct treatment method.

Good doctor show details Good doctor
May 5th, 2010

Good doctor,but not always on time.