A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Amit Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Amit Patel, Thoracic Surgeon, Heart Surgeon, Cardiac Interventionalist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Amit Patel, BS, MD, MS is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Lung Cancer
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Myocardial Diseases
- Stem Cell Transplant
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Patel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University of Utah Orthopedic Center
- Veterans Administration Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Amit N Patel BS, MD, and MS is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Amit N. Patel practice?
- Dr. Amit Patel has 3 office locations.
Dr. Amit Patel practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Salt Lake City, UT.
Additional practice locations include: Pittsburgh, PA.
See Salt Lake City Cardiothoracic Surgeons.