A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Amit Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Amit Patel, Thoracic Surgeon, Heart Surgeon, Cardiac Interventionalist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Patel
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Patel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Amit Patel, BS, MD, MS is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Lung Cancer
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Myocardial Diseases
- Stem Cell Transplant
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Patel has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University of Utah Orthopedic Center
- Arizona Heart Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Amit N Patel BS, MD, and MS is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 14 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Amit N. Patel practice?
- Dr. Amit Patel has 1 office location.
Dr. Amit Patel practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Cardiothoracic Surgeons.