Dr. Amit Shah MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 7th, 2017
Very unprofessional Doctor
I was at Dr.Shahs office this morning for my appointment and I was very disappointed first I had to wait for the doctor to see me, but then when he came in to the room he smelled like smelled straight up alcohol he's was being very rude to us and his staff he was literally having a very bad day, he should have just stayed home I feel really bad for the staff that has to stay there to deal with his ugly mood, hopefully next time we go he's in a better mood otherwise we are switching doctors.

January 25th, 2017
Lacks in respect for employees.
I was in DR's office a few days ago and witnessed the up most rude behavior coming from this physician towards his employee. The employee was waiting to ask a question as he yelled at her, as he asked what she wanted, it was the rudest thing I had ever seen. The employee just listened with no reaction and walked back to the office in the back. I do believe she should have gone to the labor board, I was so embarrassed for her. Such a shameful act of disrespect for others.

September 22nd, 2016
Front Desk Disrespectful Staff
I have been a patient of Dr. for a couple of years and for that time he has been great no complaint as far as Dr. love him. Front staff lacks in respect, courtesy and phone etiquette they are the most disrespectful girls I have ever encountered in an office facility, the front receptionist has a problem with rolling her eyes every time I come in, the phones are another issue they leave you on hold till you hang up thinking about finding another physician. I really would hate to leave but, front staff almost leaves me no choice.

May 3rd, 2016
Back office
Yes agree back office staff is horrible when it comes to getting anything done!

April 19th, 2016
Back office staff
The back office staff is very Incompetent, it takes forever to get anything done like get my prescription filled or a referral that should be done right away takes too long and when I call to talk to them about getting my prescription or check the status of the referral process they're always too busy it's like they don't want to take the call, for example I've called four times last week regarding a referral and have not received a call back from them, funny thing is when I'm in the office they don't seem to be busy unless being on their cell phones is more important then doing their job like I said it's like they don't want to take the call, it's sad that I have to go to the office to get things done and even then it takes forever.. Also the Spanish speaking makes me a little uncomfortable like they're talking about me just very rude! My opinion they need to let someone in the back go!!

April 13th, 2016
Rude Receptionist
I don't understand why we as patients have to endure the rude attitude of the front receptionist while she was gone things were great, phone were answered promptly were never left on hold now that she's back the office is back to it's crap front office self. She brings down the credibility of that office but come to find out she doesn't get fired because she is the office managers relative, well maybe the office manager should teach her how to act like a decent receptionist and be a good people person. The office manager lacks in common sense if she thinks that girl should be at that front window, the next time she rolls her eyes at me I should knock her out.

August 11th, 2015
Staff
The last few times I have been in the girl at the front desk is so rude the rolling of the eyes is lacking in professionalism, her desk is disgusting she always has food in her mouth. The front desk always has food all around laying everywhere if it wasn't for the fact that I love Dr. Shah I certainly would not go back.

June 9th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr shah's for some time now and the office seems to be going downhill; I love Dr Shah to death but some of the office staff is undesirsble . The office manager seems to have no professional skills in hiring as she hires people with no professionalism recently I was in the office and even heard the girls up front coursing up a storm totally downgrading to the office. The girls seem to always be talking about the office manager herself , not very kindly I might say so myself,this is so disconcerting to me . I might have to find another Dr. I don't come to the office to hear foul language or to hear the girls in the front talk so rudely about other patient's or other employee's. In my opinion Dr. Shah might do best in hiring a new office manager.

February 21st, 2014
Incompetent Staff, Long Wait Times
I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Shah; he is courteous, knowledgable, and he spends time (sometimes too much) with each patient. However, I think he should spend less time chit-chatting with patients and just get down to business. Our time is valuable, too. Every time I go there I have to wait at least 45 minutes, and I hear the same excuses: "We're short-staffed today" or "Some patients take longer than others; you know how it is." My advice--don't schedule so many people if you know you're going to run overtime! It's totally unfair to those in the waiting room. I thought I was going to be a little late for my appt, today so I called to notify the staff. I actually showed up right at my appt time. I signed in, and 45 minutes later the girl tells me I don't have an appt. and that if I can't show my appt card as proof, there is nothing she can do. Apparently, when I was courteous enough to call and say I may be a little late, whoever answered the phone DELETED my appt. My appt card (my proof) was at home taped to my calendar (where it should be). I have NEVER been to a doctor's office where the staff is so incompetent that the patient is required to show their appt card as proof of their already-scheduled appt. They were willing to put me at the end of the day. What!?!? No thanks. Sorry, Dr. Shah, but your incompetent staff has cost you at least one patient.

April 12th, 2013
I have been into this Dr's office with my husband on several occasions, and they have always been disappointing. The medical assistant is always flauting herself in front of my husband, were at a Dr's office not De javu. Second everytime i go in there I think it's the office manager, i hope not, this Indian lady comes out of a corner office dressed like she was at good will the day before and her hair looked rattled as always. On a previous visit she was arguing with her front staff with no professionalism what so ever. The girls at the front have always been courteous, but this woman is ridiculous. I heard her trying to talk to a patient and her vocabulary is not very professional, very diappointed with this office but my husband won't leave. When he has to have blood work drawn the lab girl is never in(keisha) or she sends us next door, what is your lab for. The Dr. is always arguing with someone on the phone or yelling in his office, trying to get my husband to find another Dr. maybe he loves the drama.

March 4th, 2013
Dr. Shah is an excellent physician. I have been pleased with my emperiences with him over the years. My only complaint is that I typically wait an hour or more before being seen, even when I have had an appointment set for weeks. This is very frustrating.

November 8th, 2012
Great Doctor!!
I love Dr. Shah and most of his staff, I had an awful bad experience with one of the medical assiatants Kesha she was really rude to me when I talked to her and she never took the time to help me with my problem she send me to talk to one of the other girls. Overall I love the rest of the girl they are really nice and helpful.