Dr. Amita Talati MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 12th, 2013
I have been seeing Dr. Talati for less than a year, and I have never felt better. She is one of the best doctors that I have ever come across. I recommend her to anyone suffering from mental health issues, she knows her stuff!

November 16th, 2013
Dr Talati is a great physician. She understands her patients and listens to them. She asks the important questions and gets to the root of the problem quickly. She understands her patients needs and does her best to help them. I came to her because she was in my insurance list but I am very glad I found her.

July 21st, 2013
I'd recommend
I think Dr. Talati is very helpful. She talks with me not at me. She asks my opinions instead of just giving hers sometimes. If I feel I'm not as well as I should be she talks to me about other options to try & we go from there. During my 1st visit she made sure I understood that psychiatrists give medical advice & keep track of how that's going. She said talk therapy is done by psychologists & counsellors & recommended I look into that but I already did. I appreciated her telling me this because I didn't know the difference. I like that she'll consider alternative methods of help such as accupuncture instead of only offering pills. When I try a new med or dosage I have to return in a month. If I'm doing okay on my current meds then I don't have to return for about 2-3 months which is nice. Her charting is computer based. Therefore, she must type on her laptop during your visit to update your records. Someone complained that she doesn't look you in the eye while doing this. How can someone do that & type? It was awkward at 1st waiting for her to finish typing but now it's no big deal. Before typing she always asks how I've been doing, answers any questions, & gives her thoughts. My only big issue it that Dr. Talati will not call in prescriptions for you. You have to see her to get a prescription. If for some reason you have to cancel an appointment & there isn't another opening until after your meds run out you could be screwed. Once this happened & the part time receptionist said the doctor may allow a refill of a couple of pills. I said that wouldn't be enough & that I wouldn't pay a copay for such a small amount anyway. So, I ended up being off my pills for a few days by the time I came in. On her behalf she does give me a 3 month supply of meds each time since I told her that's the max my prescription plan will cover. This allows me to pay 1 copay for 90 pills instead of the typical 30 some doctors offer. I did initially have problems with the main receptionist. After becomming a patient I had some problems getting appointments. I'd call, get the machine, leave a detailed message with the days & times I was available, & asked her to call back with an appointment & leave the details on my machine. Instead of doing so she'd leave a message asking me to call back. Then we played phone tag. This happened on 2 occasions. I then told Dr. Talati about it because it caused me to wait longer to see her. Ever since then I've had no scheduling problems.

June 19th, 2012
Dr. Talati is caring. I would recommend her to anyone seeking psychiatric care.

January 11th, 2012
Dr. Talati spends the every single visit typing on her computer and not taking any time to actually look the patient in the eye and discuss what is going on. She doesn't even provide a diagnosis. I had to ask her, "What is wrong with me?". Her response: "Something biologic. See you in 3 weeks." I'm sorry, but when someone is going through a crisis, Dr. Talati needs to show some empathy/sympathy, put the computer away, look the patient in the eye, tell him/her what the diagnosis is, tell the patient what he/she can expect when starting, increasing, or changing medications. I would not recommend her to anyone.

December 26th, 2011
Very Professional
Finding the right physician has never been a concern of mine but I have always been skeptical about mental health. I initially had gone to see a neurologist but then decided that I was also in need of a psychiatrist. Fortunately I did not have to seek further then Dr. Talati. She was very professional and has turned my life around. I am very appriciative of help Dr. Talati has provided me. After my diagnosis and treatment, my quality of life had improved ten fold. Unfortunately I am forced to switch my healthplan to one not accepted by her office and will be seeking care elsewhere. I would recommend Dr. Talati to anyone.

September 29th, 2009
Easy to talk to
Dr Talati is a competent doc and very easy to talk to.... thanks Dr Talati.