Gastroenterologist,Internal Medicine

3304 Colorado Blvd
Ste 205
Denton, TX 76210
940-898-7488
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 15th, 2014

The staff is so nice. Dr Awan is a great doctor. He is very easy to talk to and has always been great with me and my family members.

|  Worst experience ever  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2013

The doctor is cocky and rude and had no problem taking a private phone call on his cell phone while with a patient. He never did physical exam on me - on the average he talks down to you. You will spend more time in his waiting room than you will with him. His nursing staff and office help are loud, rude and disrespectable to the patient! They make you feel like you are the lowest form of human life.

Sep 13th, 2012

Great doctor who is knowledgable and kind

Jan 20th, 2012

Dr Awan is highly qualified Gastroenterologist and my initial consultation and procedure and follow up vists has always made me totally satisfied with his care. He has excellent bedside manners and he is easy to talk to.

Jan 12th, 2012

Do NOT go to this doctor. He instantly diagnosed me with a condition that I fully didnt agree with but thought hes the expert so he knows what hes talking about. On my first visit he only talked to me briefly for 15 min. He didn't even do an exam on me. All he did was ask a FEW questions and typed the information into his computer. I found myself asking him all the questions since he wasnt offering any explanation or information to me. The following week he did a biopsy on me. On my follow-up visit he said I had cells that could become precancerous and to come back in 6 months to repeat the procedure but not to worry. At this point I wasnt feeling any betterbut feeling worse. I decided to get a second option because I didnt trust or feel comfortable with Dr Awan anymore. The second doctor was WONDERFUL. He asked me alot of questions and gave me a full exam. He explained everything to me in detail. Hes even pretty sure I was mis-diagnosed. To confirm that the 2nd doctor looked at my records from Dr Awan. He found them inconclusive and needed more information. I went to the day surgery to get my entire medical records for the procedure that was done. The 2nd doctor is now looking at my tests to see if other tests were done with the byopsies. If not then I'll have to have the procedure done again.I hope this helps everyone.

Sep 8th, 2011

Horrible bedside manners - arrogant and cocky. When requesting 2nd opinion, got offended. Requested my child to be moved to Baylor, Awan wrote on discharge papers to take my son to Medical city to another doctor in his own network. Dr. Awan is full of himself, his ego is way too big for his own good. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

Aug 25th, 2011

Dr. Awan is a great doctor. His staff is so sweet. The new office is so pretty. I have been a patient of his for 8 years. There is a whole new staff that is so helpful and never rude. This is a busy office but once I am face to face with the doctor, I know that I am going to get all my questions answered and he is going to spend as much time as I need with me. Thanks Dr. Awan and staff.

|  NIGHTMARE! EVERYONE BEWARE!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

This "doctor" is awful! His office staff is rude and doesnt care.....he overbooks his patients. So you wait a while to be seen even though you can get an appointment very quickly. He has a POOR bedside manner. I have talked to many people around town that have seen him and said he was the worst doctor and very rude. He is just trying to cram in a bunch of patients in a day and you spend maybe 10 mins on your first visit and he sits at his desk and doesnt look at you. He doesnt give you an exam....nothing. He just reads your paperwork and tells you to go around the corner to the lady who makes colonoscopies and EDGs and thats it. That was my first and LAST appointment.