Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 9th, 2015

Wonderful Dr.

Dr Alrefai is amazing show details Dr Alrefai is amazing
by Eric Franklin on May 8th, 2015

Alrefai is excellent with people and accurately diagnosed me and helped my addiction

Oct 4th, 2013

The rudest receptionist I have ever encountered.The doctor told me he did not believe mental disorder was not curable.He filled out my paperwork during my session with him, then tried to charge for it again.I changed to another doctor after the second appointment.I feel he is in this field for the money only.He doesn't really care about his patients.

Extremely Compassionate Doctor show details Extremely Compassionate Doctor
Jul 22nd, 2013

This doctor has been the most supportive and compassionate psychiatrist I have encountered. I was diagnosed in 1995 out of state and was stable when I moved here in 2003, The first doctora I had here changed all my medications and held one hour sessions with me, My condition destabilized and the sessions were more about her than about me. Dr. Alrefai got my medicines straight, assigned a therapist to me, and meets with me on a regular basis. My condition has remained under control even through extremely difficult life events and I have never felt rushed or ignored by him or his staff. Paperwork equals man hours and materials. His charges are in line with other providers/organizations for the FLMA documents. He does use his PDA to look up drug interactions, as I have asked him about them in a couple of visits. He has the information right there. I have received only top notch care from him and his staff. Thank you!

Apr 3rd, 2013

My daughter who suffers from anxiety and depression was told she was fat and would never get a man. She also has a history of cutting and was told by this doctor that if she didn't stop immediately that she would be so horribly scarred that no man would ever want to look at her. We will be driving over an hour away to get away from this horrible doctor!

Dr. Al is a very skilled psychiatrist. show details Dr. Al is a very skilled psychiatrist.
Jul 18th, 2012

Dr. Alrefai is a great doctor that genuinely cares about his patients. I have been seeing him for about 4 years, initially being treated for bipolar disorder, and more recently, suboxone treatment. When I first started receiving treatment, I wasn't too fond of the receptionist and had to deal with substantial waiting, but these issues were entirely resolved within the first year. In the 4 years of my treatment, Dr. Alrefai has always acted with the utmost professionalism and compassion. He is particularly well-versed in drug addiction and has been a major factor in my recovery.

Sep 23rd, 2011

I went to Dr Alreafi for suboxone treatment and he was a horrible doctor. He didn't seem to care about his patients or anything. He never even paid much attention to us. I told him something was wrong he would just do this or that on his phone. He prescribed me ativan and I failed a drug test over a script from him and I was dismissed from practice by mail two weeks later. The wanch who makes appointments wouldn't even give me to the time of day to explain why.

Jan 27th, 2011

Morons, it's not a Blackberry, it's a PDA with RX drug data. He is careful to check potential drug interactions before making any decisions.

Jul 24th, 2010

I was referred to Dr Al Refai when my previous psychiatrist closed his practice. On my initial visit he was texting on his Blackberry while I was discussing my case. Ditto on my second visit. He also charged my insurance co. an office visit and me $100 to fill out FMLA papers.