Dr. Amnon Kahane MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 14th, 2015
I needed a new doctor and he over-prescribed my medication because he didn't read my pill bottles right. Spends 2-3 minutes with each patient and dines out and plays golf all the time on our expense.

January 5th, 2015
Great Dr
Great Dr. Very straight forward and professional

September 20th, 2012
Prescription Machine
Dr. Kahane asked me very few questions about myself or my history. He essentially took my self-diagnosis and gave me a prescription. He told me my current prescription was not going to work (I've been on it two years, and it works, but isn't perfect), gave me a new one with no mention of any side effects, other than the one I had already mentioned, and told me if it doesn't work he'll try another one. He did almost nothing to find out my history or background. My overall impression was he is a prescription-generating machine and makes his money from these presriptions. That, and charging my insurance company $200 for a 10-minute initial intake visit. I don't trust him and will not see him again.

March 28th, 2011
Good Doctor
From a previous poster (the low score) I realized that some people think that Psychiatrist is the same as psychologist or psychoanalyst, which is not the case. Psychiatry deal which chemical imbalance in the brain and that causes one the act or feel a certain way. To help that condition Psychiatrists prescribes meds to correct that imbalance.

August 3rd, 2010
Busy and Innatentive
Would not recommend. Did not give full attention when I was there, actually took cell phone calls during my mental health evaluation and after just 20 minutes of limited conversation was ready to prescribe meds for depression and bi-polar. Would not trust him with my medical care or the care of any loved ones.

April 26th, 2010
Very Good Doctor
I went to Dr. Kahane nervous about finally trying medication for my ADHD - the doctor worked with me over the period of a few months and dialled my prescription in perfectly!