Dr. Amnon Kahane Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amnon Kahane?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2017

Helpful and compassionate

He listened to what I had to say. Offered suggestions and counseling options if I wanted them.

July 19th, 2017

Want collections on your butt? This is the place for you!

Dr. Kahane was professional, albeit curt and quiet. He's not very personable, but he was nice. His office staff is a nightmare, though. I stopped seeing him when I moved, and after two years, I recieved a call from a collections agency saying I had a past due balance from his office. I don't leave bills unpaid, so this is absolutely ridiculous. I hadn't received a single call, email, or letter regarding a past due bill, and I was shocked. I called the office immediately, but of course no one answered, so I left a voicemail. I called twice more over the next two weeks, and the third time, I spoke to someone at the front desk (Julie?) who rudely just transferred me to the billing department's voicemail. It took three weeks for them to get back to me, and Jennifer from the billing department was as unhelpful as could be. She said they called once in November of 2014 (nearly three years ago) to update my address, so I should have known, and that they don't always call. They also apparently send out bills every month, so how was it that USPS somehow failed to forward every single bill from them when they forwarded my mail? This is the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with an office, medical or otherwise. Just save yourself the headache and see another psychiatrist, if you're in the market.

April 15th, 2015

I needed a new doctor and he over-prescribed my medication because he didn't read my pill bottles right. Spends 2-3 minutes with each patient and dines out and plays golf all the time on our expense.

January 5th, 2015

Great Dr

Great Dr. Very straight forward and professional

September 20th, 2012

Prescription Machine

Dr. Kahane asked me very few questions about myself or my history. He essentially took my self-diagnosis and gave me a prescription. He told me my current prescription was not going to work (I've been on it two years, and it works, but isn't perfect), gave me a new one with no mention of any side effects, other than the one I had already mentioned, and told me if it doesn't work he'll try another one. He did almost nothing to find out my history or background. My overall impression was he is a prescription-generating machine and makes his money from these presriptions. That, and charging my insurance company $200 for a 10-minute initial intake visit. I don't trust him and will not see him again.

March 28th, 2011

Good Doctor

From a previous poster (the low score) I realized that some people think that Psychiatrist is the same as psychologist or psychoanalyst, which is not the case. Psychiatry deal which chemical imbalance in the brain and that causes one the act or feel a certain way. To help that condition Psychiatrists prescribes meds to correct that imbalance.

August 3rd, 2010

Busy and Innatentive

Would not recommend. Did not give full attention when I was there, actually took cell phone calls during my mental health evaluation and after just 20 minutes of limited conversation was ready to prescribe meds for depression and bi-polar. Would not trust him with my medical care or the care of any loved ones.

April 26th, 2010

Very Good Doctor

I went to Dr. Kahane nervous about finally trying medication for my ADHD - the doctor worked with me over the period of a few months and dialled my prescription in perfectly!

September 22nd, 2017