Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Doctor of the year?  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2014

He was very arrogant and brash doctor. After suffering from complication from giving birth, spending three days in ICU, this doctor was on call and the first thing he said was “Did you Thank all the Doctors” Why was there a need to say this? He never asked how I was doing and it acted like he did not care. All he wanted was me to acknowledge that I was very sick and that his team saved my life. This is a how a doctor of the year gets an award?

|  show details
Jun 17th, 2012

Simply stated: Dr Grunebaum is truly an amazing doctor!!!

|  The Best OBGYN in America  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

Dr. Grunbebaum is amazing and the most knowledgeable doctor in his field. He is perfect for high risk patients as he has the giift to comfort and ensure that everything is going to be ok.

|  Not there in case of an Emergancy  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

When I had an emergency the doctor was nowhere to be found. He was very careless and acted like he did not care for the patient. I was very disappointed and chanced doctors within that day... He never got back to me... Choose your doctor wisely...

|  The Absolute BEST!  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

At first glance he might not seem to be the most caring doctor, but in fact it is the opposite. He is one of the most caring doctors out there. Dr. Grunebaum is one of the best doctors for a reason, and that he is one of the most concerned, caring and knowledgeable doctors when there is/might be a problem. If everything is ok, he just sends you along your merry way, if there is an issue, he will do everything in his power to make sure the babies will be healthy.He is easily contacted by email, even when he is half way around the world. Just book the appointment and the end product, a healthy baby or in our case, babies, is all that matters. He came to visit all of us (my twins), and he is the absolute BEST!! My healthy twins agree, even though it was a high risk pregnancy. Thank you for Dr. Grunebaum!!!

|  Not a good doctor!  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

Very uncaring! Not interested in the patient! Fortunately my daughter was born healthy and delivered by Dr Sylvetre!

|  Patients award for this Doctor? SHOCKING  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

How can anyone get an award as "patients doctor" when he doesnt even come to visit the mommy and baby in hospital? I am so thankful that he was not the doctor on call the day the baby was born... Even during my visits up to the pregnancy he was very casual and seemed v un interested.. more conversation about travels and holidays rather than the pregnancy. The other doctors in the practice was 1000 times better. I was very disappointed in him especially since he is supposed to be a high profile doctor.

|  terrible bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2010

he is very experienced and heads the dept, but he has absolutely no interest in you as a person. anything outside of routine, he is impossible to get a hold of and his answers are short like he is trying to get rid of you. he shows no passion to what he is doing and does not really care about you. at least that is how i felt. and his exams are very uncomfortable.

|  Completely checked out!  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2009

He prefers to talk about his iphone app and traveling around the world rather than listening to my problems. Every visit, I get about 15 seconds on how I am doing. He tells me to email him with questions during my monthly visit and basically sends me home after making the sure the baby's heart is beating. that is it. that is all i get for monthly visits. When I do email him, I get generic responses such as "if urgent, go to the ER" or I hear back from a day later. At that point, I already called the doctor on call. He also does not take issues seriously. Thank God the rest of the practice is more caring than he is. He is counting on his reputation to date to get new patients. He is also not detailed oriented. He just does not care. He does not really focus on you as an individual. I personally would not be upset if he is not available when I deliver.

|  Top Pregnancy Doctor in New York  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2009

I found Dr.Grunebaum very approachable, personable and knowledgable. Great personality. What else would you expect from the top obstetrician at the top hospital (Weill Cornell) in New York.

|  Wonderful Personality and Experience  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2008

Great insight into his specialty. Knows pregnancy in and out and can deal with all problems.