Dr. Amos Madanes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 5th, 2016
I am a dr an was referred to this infertility dr...
I went to go see for myself what this dr was all about. All about money. Of course. No bedside manner!! And some of his workers have no credentials to be doing anything on pts. He should be shut down. If you were a pt. here get your records. And sue. This dr. Thinks he knows what he is doing. But wants procedure after procedure. Which means money in his pocket.

September 2nd, 2014
STAY AWAY
This was the worst Fertility Clinic that I have ever been to. The Doctor did not have a good bedside manner. They just told me what they were going to do without really explaining it and did not give me a choice. I was told I had to do the testing and all of it even though I had some of it done already. They are only worried about collecting their money. Told me that insurance didn't cover anything and I had to pay everything out of pocket. I contacted my insurance and they said that they did cover. Since my insurance was covering it now, they were charging 10x as much for everything. I would STAY AWAY!!!!

August 21st, 2014
PLEASE READ REVIEWS BEFORE SEEING THIS MAN!!!
I was referred to Dr. Madanes by my OB at the time, my experience was SO horrible that I switched OBs bc I didn't want to keep an OB that would recommend somebody like him. If you have to see a fertility dr. You are desperate to have a baby, have tried everything and Midwest Fertility was close for me as well. From the initial interview, when Dr. Madanes asked me "how many sexual partners I've had" in front of my husband, I felt something was off. All just got worse. I had an HSG at the hospital which my ins covered. The dr concluded from my results that my tubes were open. But then Dr. Madanes asked for this disc then said "he couldn't read it" and that I get another one ($800 out of pocket) by him of course. And his staff are no better. After every appt I was always confused bc nobody explained anything to me. "I" had to ask THEM questions..really? In the end they LOST my pertinent labs, Dr. Madanes offered to pay for it (how thoughtful) then in my final interview barely looked at my file and suggested I do IVF, which is highly expensive. I had read about IUI and trying this first. Dr. Madanes told me "I'd have to sign a consent/waiver bc iuis can cause cancer!" As I left this appt in tears (and heard one of the nurses use the word f-ck (very professional) I researched and found the BEST dr in Illinois. When I told them what he said about IUI they couldn't believe it and assured me this was not the case. I have a healthy baby boy from my IUI, and I believe wholeheartedly that if I stayed with Dr. Madanes, he would have taken my money and is still have no baby! DO NOT GO TO HIM OR THIS PLACE unless you have money and te to burn! It was a horrible experience, HORRIBLE! And their staff...the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, trust me! And btw, when I went to the BEST fertility dr, she was able to read my HSG and see my tubes were open. Huh, but Madanes couldn't....hmmm!

March 7th, 2014
Avoid this clinic
This clinic preys on desperate couples. I had an IVF baby with another wonderful clinic but switched to this one for insurance reasons. Madanes told me I had cysts but they weren't there when he got in there. I had numerous painful tests that were questionable. He had a nurse do my IVF. They tried to sell me additional services that the insurance didn't cover. It turned out that he owned the surgical center he sent me to. Each time I was seen there, I'd get a pregnancy test but he would also have me report to his clinic (in the same bldg) for another one (which we paid for since the insurance wouldn't pay for 2 in the same day). He wouldn't let my husband attend the ultrasounds or the IVF as he could at the other place. In the end, I didn't get pregnant. We went back to the other place and we got pregnant easily via IVF. Understand that I am not posting this because I didn't get pregnant. Even if I had, it was a rotten place. Avoid Midwest Fertility at all costs. They look at you and see $$$. They might get lucky and get you pregnant but there are much better options out there.

March 24th, 2013
Reconstructive surgery so I could have children
28 years ago Dr. Madanes removed a fibroid tumor the size of a grapefruit from my uterus. He did reconstructive surgery so I could have children. I had three boys and completed my family. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Amos Madanes for the opportunity to be able to become pregnant and enjoy giving birth to my three boys!!! God Bless you Dr. Madanes I am very thankful for the help you gave me early in my life so I could complete my family that has given me so much joy in this lifetime.

August 30th, 2011
Dr Amos Madanes MD
We waited about 50 minutes until I threatned nurse that I was leaving so them they took us. They are not gonna tell you that if you are coming with your partner they charge you double 600$ in our case. They charged me 300 and my husband 300 for the same consultation in the same room. Doctor does not listen to you sending you to expensive surgical procedures that you don't even need! And so on....They are just ripping you off! Would not recommend Dr Madanes office to my enemy!