Dr. Amr El-Shafei MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

June 11th, 2013

November 26th, 2012
Very good first meeting
I don't usually write on these, but with only two responses, I wanted to share my positive over the overly negative. I have only meet with him once, but I felt very comfortable with him. He was very polite, answered all my questions clearly, had no issues re-explaining in a different way if I needed more info and overall seemed to take his time and not be rushed. He even got a phone call or text while in there, which he only took the time to mute his phone without even looking at what the call was. We will see what he's like after further test and results, but was very happy with his bedside that I even pointed it out to him at the end of the visit. Also, no issues understanding him through his slight accent.

October 17th, 2011
angeleyes
If I had to put my life in the hands of a cardiologist it would be with Dr. ElShafee who is very smart and was kind enough to see me as a work in during a busy day. He was very kind and helpful and scheduled me for a stress test within a day which showed I had heart disease and he saved my life. I am very greatful for this. Thank you! We need more dr's who care and go above and beyond for their patients.

August 22nd, 2010
MISDIAGNOSIS
He did not listen to my complaint,didnt answer my questions ,his conversation is always very short and difficult to understand due to his strong accent,on asking again about what he said,he getsextremely defensive ,all in all reassured me and i went home.Next morning i had severe chest pain ,went to ER and was diagnosed of a massive heart attack for which i had to undergo open heart surgery.He almost let me die!will never see him again.