Dr. Amrik Pabley MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Holden, MA

• Good
  • Bad

January 14th, 2012
This guy couldn't diagnose a flat tire. Avoid except for extremely routine matters. I was practically without eyesight until I got another opthamologist.

June 30th, 2010
Dr. Pabley an Excellent Professional
Dr. Pabley is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain test he is doing and results to you. Dr. Pabley never appears to be in a rush to just get you finished and move on, his concern always appears to be your health and well being of you eyesight.His staff is also friendly, skilled and accommodating.I have had numerous appointments over several years for complex testing due to a condition with one of my optic nerves and have the utmost confidence in Dr. Pableys ability to provide me with the best care and advice.My wife on one occasion also had a very painful eye condition that went on for about a month. She had seen two other Doctors who prescribed pain medication but never accurately diagnosed the condition. A trip to Dr. Pabley resulted in an accurate diagnosis and a quick resolution to the condition rather than just more pain medication.I would highly recommend Dr. Pabley.

July 8th, 2009
Issues with Doctors attached optical store
With the doctor we didn't have any issues but we just dropped into teh attached optical store in doctors holden office.As Dr Pabley doesn't give prescription for the contacts. we enquired about getting contacts in the doctors attached optical store.The guy sounded very professionlistic butwe foudn taht he is a cheater. Agreed that as its a small store attached to the doctors office but he tried to sell us expensive contact lenses.AS we didn't like the trail contact lense I wen inot teh store office and asked that we ddn't like the contact lenses, I would like have the contact lense prescription as we have anough contact lense for another 6 months we will buy the contacts later. that guy says taht let your prescrition be with my office you can come back later and order from me.I said I have already paid you $50 dollars towards the prescription give us our prescription.I advised him that we might not be in the area after 6 months. He says that as you are not buying contacts and i have adjuested the contacts so my charges are more. I said you should have informed us about your additional charges before.He hasn't informed us about his additional charges but he says if you want contact lense prescription you need to pay $35 dollars more.Agreed that as he a small store business man but he should stick to what he says first.with a few minutes he changes his words like I'm not going to charge you and cheat you and the next moment he brings out his books and shows that his chaarges are $85 for which i already paid him $50 and I have to pay him $35 difference.The attahced store guy to teh doctors office is a cheater.I would advise any one not to buy stuff from him.