Dr. Amy Abola Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Abola?

April 8th, 2014

Ineffective

I have been a patient of Dr. Abola's for the past 7 years, or so. I think the previous reviewer described her medical care perfectly with the word "ineffective". Dr. Abola is a very sweet person, and great with the easy stuff, but she's failed me time and time again when I've come in with real problems. She has a somewhat timid, wishy-washy demeanor, and sometimes I've felt like I'm being forced to diagnose my own problems. She's overly reluctant to prescribe anything...even medications that are common and with very little side effects. One can feel like a child begging a parent for permission with this doctor! If you are lucky enough to get a prescription, she'll give you very little refills so you're left asking her permission over and over again. I'm a healthy young adult, so I don't feel like I should have to put up with that when I'm far from a risk case. Finally, her nurse, David, is a total jerk. He has a condescending way of speaking to you when you're trying to explain your problem and why you've come to see the doctor. I haven't been happy with any of my dealings with him. So, in summary, I would not recommend choosing Dr. Abola as your primary care physician. Currently looking for a new doctor myself.

March 1st, 2012

Excellent Physican

She is very caring, listens and provides good care.

January 23rd, 2010

Dr Abola has been my primary care physician for over 10 years. I started seeing her when I worked down in San Diego. She has always listened to my concerns and has never dismissed a suggestion or acted like my opinion was ignorant and therfore unimportant (I have experienced this with other doctors and it's very frustrating). Whenever I can, I go to her! Her office is not too terribly far for me. However, I do not work in San Diego anymore and if she needs to refer me to a specialist for anything I have to drive over an hour each way (w/ traffic) to go downtown so I have started to see other doctors closer to where I live. But this due to the Sharp Health Care system not having any facilities north of San Diego and has nothing to do with her! I think she is a wonderful family doctor and I highly recommend her.

October 22nd, 2009

Have been a patient for eight yrs. Dr. Abola (formerly Suggs) is very nice and well-meaning, unfortunately, over the years she has proven to be fairly ineffective in treating and diagnosing conditions as well as being a case manager over my specialty care. If you are pretty healthy and only need an occasional visit for check-ups, than you would do well w/ Dr. Abola, BUT, if you are not, then you are screwed!

November 11th, 2008

Been a patient for over 10 yrs

My whole family has been patients of Dr. Abola (formerly Dr. Suggs) and we all love her.

September 27th, 2017