Dr. Amy Broach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 15 reviews

November 5th, 2015
Worth the change
A very likable direct personality, very efficient appointment but took time to address my questions.

November 1st, 2015
I absolutely adore Dr. Broach

October 9th, 2015
Dr Broach is very thorough and a great person. So happy I found her. Have been seeing her for about five years now, and will continue

April 19th, 2015
I was very concerned as to why I was there, and when Dr. Broach walked in the room, she put me at ease immediately. Was very thorough in explaining what she was going to do and why. She made me feel better when I left her office.

November 4th, 2014
I went to Dr. Broach and received nothing but the best care and information when asked questions. She spent as much time needed (not rushed) to explain everything to me. When surgery was performed she IS the only doctor that I have encountered to explain the situation to my husband not to mention the care she provided to me as well. Dr. Broach is the ONLY doctor /surgeon that I have encountered after surgery to actually help to get me into vehicle after surgery. Dr. Broach herself actually called me the evening of my surgery to see how I was getting along, there again something else that I have never encountered with another doctor/surgeon. I have never had such a great doctor in which Dr. Broach was. I would have her as a regular medical doctor if possible.

September 22nd, 2014
I have had a fair share of doctors, medical procedures and visits to gynecologists. I don't find that she is "cold" so much as she doesn't really convey warmth. I see the effort, she does try! But I struggle to obtain information from her when I ask questions. I'm an adult, I (believe it or not) have an education, and would love to know what she's thinking or why she's placing me on whatever medication. Her staff is top notch, I love the Duke Healthcare facility. She is very intelligent, you just have to take it with a grain of salt. I suppose I've been fortunate with doctors who explain what their notions are, or the mechanism behind what they're prescribing, or even the illness I have. But when I get lectures and a scratch-pad drawing of "this is where a baby lives," inside a picture of a womb, I can hardly keep my composure. I came to her office because I was referred for my endometriosis. I am not sure if I will return.

April 17th, 2014
Terrible
She is very rude, doesn't convey results in an appropriate time, doesn't explain results effectively when she does, and is patronizing to boot. She begins her short assessment with the statement "As you know from talking to my nurse…." which is really obnoxious since the nurse didn't explain anything in detail. I would never return to this self-centered doctor. Who needs it.

February 7th, 2014
I went to her for endometrial pain, which I have struggled with for many, many years. I've tried everything... nothing helps. I want a hysterecomy, but she will not preform because I am too young although I am 29 and done having children. Dr. Broach was, like others have said, very cold. She made me feel like I was lying about my pain. After placing me on a hormonal therapy, which made everything ten times worse... she treated me like I was lying about that, too.. telling me that those side effects are not possible from that medication... there was no other change, other than the hormone therapy... seems simple to me. She treated me like I was an idiot. Will never go back.

December 2nd, 2013
current patient
Terrible bedside manner. Very cold and short. I don't think she believes I'm in pain. I believe she thinks I hust want meds. I don't want pain meds. I WANT ANSWERS!! I went to her because she came highly recommended. I thought that she would be able to determine why I experience so much pelvic and abdominal pain. Instead she suggested I get an abdominal massage. She states that my muscle are tense. Really? That's the best you can do? I highly doubt being doubled over in pain and barely able to get out if bed equates to tense muscles. Being that I am a massage therapist I know the difference between a taught muscle and excruciating pain. She comes off as very pompous and pretentious. As soon as I find another physician I'm leaving.

May 8th, 2013
Very cold, uncaring & overall the worst doctor I have ever encountered. She did not address my concerns & was more concerned about her own views & even disregarded & disrespected another specialist that I used within the practice ( a specialist that I was very satisfied with). She even stated that his methods were 10 years dated to her newer methods. Wow!Unprofessional & uncaring is not a winning combination!

November 11th, 2011
Very caring doctor!
I really loved Dr. Amy Nicole Broach. It was my first visit and I totally recommend her. She was very patient, careful and nice. It is great to have doctors that listen to you and spend time explaining things. I loved her! The nurse was very nice too!

July 31st, 2011
Dr Broach treated me like I was only there for pain medicine and was faking my pain. I thought she was really listening to me and cared at first but she did not listen to me at all and made me feel like I was wasting everyone's time. I will never go back to this doctor. The nursing staff was nice though.