Dr. Amy Broach Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Broach?

Posted on October 19th, 2017

Dr. Broach was very rude at my appointment. She literally rolled her eyes at me during the entire appointment. She told me that I didn't have endometriosis in my pelvic and only in one localized spot. Keep in mind this is the first appointment with her and last time I checked, the only accurate diagnosis for endometriosis is through the LAP procedure. She wanted to put me on harmone therapy and I refused because of the side effects. She did a cervical biopsy which was extremely painful and she tells me she thinks the pain is coming from anticipation of the procedure, really. To add insult to injury, this doctor along with her nurse were laughing during the procedure. I will NEVER go back to her again. The worst experience I have ever had.

Worth the change

Posted on November 5th, 2015

A very likable direct personality, very efficient appointment but took time to address my questions.

Posted on November 1st, 2015

I absolutely adore Dr. Broach

Posted on October 9th, 2015

Dr Broach is very thorough and a great person. So happy I found her. Have been seeing her for about five years now, and will continue

Posted on April 19th, 2015

I was very concerned as to why I was there, and when Dr. Broach walked in the room, she put me at ease immediately. Was very thorough in explaining what she was going to do and why. She made me feel better when I left her office.

Posted on November 5th, 2014

I went to Dr. Broach and received nothing but the best care and information when asked questions. She spent as much time needed (not rushed) to explain everything to me. When surgery was performed she IS the only doctor that I have encountered to explain the situation to my husband not to mention the care she provided to me as well. Dr. Broach is the ONLY doctor /surgeon that I have encountered after surgery to actually help to get me into vehicle after surgery. Dr. Broach herself actually called me the evening of my surgery to see how I was getting along, there again something else that I have never encountered with another doctor/surgeon. I have never had such a great doctor in which Dr. Broach was. I would have her as a regular medical doctor if possible.

Posted on September 22nd, 2014

I have had a fair share of doctors, medical procedures and visits to gynecologists. I don't find that she is "cold" so much as she doesn't really convey warmth. I see the effort, she does try! But I struggle to obtain information from her when I ask questions. I'm an adult, I (believe it or not) have an education, and would love to know what she's thinking or why she's placing me on whatever medication. Her staff is top notch, I love the Duke Healthcare facility. She is very intelligent, you just have to take it with a grain of salt. I suppose I've been fortunate with doctors who explain what their notions are, or the mechanism behind what they're prescribing, or even the illness I have. But when I get lectures and a scratch-pad drawing of "this is where a baby lives," inside a picture of a womb, I can hardly keep my composure. I came to her office because I was referred for my endometriosis. I am not sure if I will return.

Terrible

Posted on April 17th, 2014

She is very rude, doesn't convey results in an appropriate time, doesn't explain results effectively when she does, and is patronizing to boot. She begins her short assessment with the statement "As you know from talking to my nurse…." which is really obnoxious since the nurse didn't explain anything in detail. I would never return to this self-centered doctor. Who needs it.

Posted on February 7th, 2014

I went to her for endometrial pain, which I have struggled with for many, many years. I've tried everything... nothing helps. I want a hysterecomy, but she will not preform because I am too young although I am 29 and done having children. Dr. Broach was, like others have said, very cold. She made me feel like I was lying about my pain. After placing me on a hormonal therapy, which made everything ten times worse... she treated me like I was lying about that, too.. telling me that those side effects are not possible from that medication... there was no other change, other than the hormone therapy... seems simple to me. She treated me like I was an idiot. Will never go back.

current patient

Posted on December 2nd, 2013

Terrible bedside manner. Very cold and short. I don't think she believes I'm in pain. I believe she thinks I hust want meds. I don't want pain meds. I WANT ANSWERS!! I went to her because she came highly recommended. I thought that she would be able to determine why I experience so much pelvic and abdominal pain. Instead she suggested I get an abdominal massage. She states that my muscle are tense. Really? That's the best you can do? I highly doubt being doubled over in pain and barely able to get out if bed equates to tense muscles. Being that I am a massage therapist I know the difference between a taught muscle and excruciating pain. She comes off as very pompous and pretentious. As soon as I find another physician I'm leaving.

Posted on May 9th, 2013

Very cold, uncaring & overall the worst doctor I have ever encountered. She did not address my concerns & was more concerned about her own views & even disregarded & disrespected another specialist that I used within the practice ( a specialist that I was very satisfied with). She even stated that his methods were 10 years dated to her newer methods. Wow!Unprofessional & uncaring is not a winning combination!

Very caring doctor!

Posted on November 11th, 2011

I really loved Dr. Amy Nicole Broach. It was my first visit and I totally recommend her. She was very patient, careful and nice. It is great to have doctors that listen to you and spend time explaining things. I loved her! The nurse was very nice too!