inactive

Amy T Bui MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 29th, 2014
No time for patients
I went to see this doctor for my Diabetes on the referral of my general physician. This doctor was pleasant but rushed. Her office computers were down the day I came in and they said they would call me to set up a follow up appointment to make sure the meds were working. I never received a call back and have not heard from them for a year! They obviously do not check their files to see which patients they have seen or spoken to recently. Not a good sign for such a young doctor. I would not recommend her.

February 28th, 2013
WORST DOCTOR EVER
Everyone, turn and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do NOT use this doctor if you want to get well or have anything controlled. She doesn't listen and can't even remember her patients who have severe medical problems outside of what she is dealing with directly. She refused to listen to my about my thyroid, did the minimum checks possible, and claimed that even though my levels were too high and out of range, I was "just fine" and refused to give me the medication I had previously been on. Furthermore, she completely messed up my diabetes. She took me off all medications for what was supposed to be three months because she "didn't believe (I was) diabetic." I was so hopeful that I listened, but was immediately put on insulin again after about a month and a half. She constantly put me on various oral medications that did nothing but cause me huge problems (liver failure, stage 2 renal failure <kidney failure>, pericardial effusion <fluid retention around the heart, which is extremely dangerous and often lethal>, pulmonary edema <fluid retention in the lung, which is extremely dangerous and often lethal - especially for someone on oxygen>, chronic pancreatitis <diseased pancreas, which is often lethal>) and absolutely refused to listen when I told her I was having these problems. I was hospitalized with pancreatitis (my amylase and lipase enzymes were well over lethal levels) for four days and, during that stay, she called and even admitted Prandin was the cause (the drug she put me on and continued to increase my dose even after I told her how much pain I was in). She couldn't even remember she had put me BACK on insulin even though she was the one who wrote the prescriptions, refilled them, and ALL my medications were reviewed at each appointment. One of the best things I ever did for myself was to FIRE her! I am absolutely flabbergasted that she has a decent rating. The ONLY good thing about her office is how nice everyone at the front desk are. *Note: This has been my personal experience and yours may be different, but I felt it was absolutely necessary to share the h*ll I went through to hopefully spare anyone else from suffering as well.

March 27th, 2012
She is just the best
She has help me to control my diabetis !

January 19th, 2012
Doesn't listen
This doctor does not listen. She changes what you say and then writes it down in her permanent doctor notes. I was on Synthroid and my thyroid levels changed so I was ready for an increase in mg. I wanted to try Armour because I didn't feel well on Synthroid. This doctor agreed to switch and gave me a dose of Armour that was equivalent to half of the Synthroid I was taking when I was already needing an increase in hormones. It took about 6 months before my levels were near normal. She refused to listen to me when I told her it would be too little hormone. If you want to be sick and treated like a mute, go to Dr. Bui.

July 5th, 2011
Dr. Bui and her staff have been great! They are freindly and pofessional. Dr. Bui spent time answering all my questions and concerns and eased my worries. I never felt rushed or hurried at all. I could not be more pleased and will continue to see see her!

May 18th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Was lucky to find Dr. Bui. The office staff helped me get an earlier appt. Dr. Bui took the time to gather all our history, made us feel comfortable and really listened and worked with us. Haven't had the personal service in many years and it was great to walk out thinking I've found the perfect Doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Bui and the medical group.

November 17th, 2009