Dr. Amy Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Chen?

August 18th, 2017

We was referred to her by another Dr. We needed parathyroid surgery. She was professional,friendly. Explained all procedure before and after. Surgery went excellent..Her staff was great.I would recommend her to any one.

November 16th, 2015

Angry Patient

I had to recently get my thyroid out because I had a pre-cancerous tumor growing on my thyroid. When I first met her, she seemed very insensitive, but straight to the point. I ended up trusting her with my surgery because she specialized in this type of surgery. Anyways, the surgery went well, but my voice was gone.This is typically normal, but its been three weeks and my voice still hasn't come back. I went in for a post-op and I was told by the NP that my right vocal cord was paralyzed. There is always a risk of this happening with this type of surgery, but she clearly stated it would be a 1% risk. I got a call recently and they told me to go to a vocal specialist. I am furious and frustrated! I am angry with myself for picking her as my surgeon! The moral of the story is, please do your research! Do not go to an unexperienced, novice surgeon. I hope this helps!

August 17th, 2015

Very bad experience

a shot show! Didn't even try to help me

May 21st, 2015

Will not recommend

I was so excited to see Dr. Chen and hoped that she would be able to help me with my ailments. However, after waiting for her for over 30 mins, she came in, gave me her opinion for less than 5 mins and just left. I did not even have time to register what was happening. I would not recommend her at all.

April 13th, 2015

Manners are a joke

April 13th, 2015

So so so rude. Significant attitude problem

January 27th, 2015

Good Experience

So far a great experience with Dr. Chen. I went to her to get a second opinion and was so impressed that I decided to move forward with her (versus my normal ENT).

January 19th, 2015

Awful

Gave my mother a wrong diagnosis for her cancer without even testing her and told us she was going to die, my mother lived, and this doctor still scars her memory till this day

December 23rd, 2014

I have never in my life had a doctor speak to me so disrespectful. I wouldn't let this lady do my surgery if she was the last physician on earth. I work with CHOA and I would never speak to my patients the way she spoke to me today. She talked down to me and my mother. I do not recommend anybody going to see her. And I will not be having a follow up appointment.

May 1st, 2013

A Great Second Opinion

I am submitting this positive review of Dr. Chen because she did NOT perform surgery on my thyroid! My original endocrinologist referred me to another surgeon after it was found that I had a large benign thyroid nodule. That surgeon recommended that I have my entire thyroid removed. I went to Dr. Chen for a second opinion, prior to taking this major step. After reviewing my ultrasounds, labs, etc. Dr. Chen suggested that I first work with the Emory endocrinologists, and did not recommend immediate surgery. Although I may still need surgery sometime in the future, I respect the fact that she did not automatically agree to the procedure. Thanks to her 'watchful waiting' recommendation, I was able to have a second child, still have an intact thyroid with no change to my nodule, and my thyroid is currently functioning normally.

May 11th, 2012

No bedside manners

April 25th, 2012

Top doctor in her fieldop doctor in her field

I have been a patient of Dr. Chen since 2001. She has performed several surgeries for recurring parotid tumors, after my initial diagnosis & surgery in 1987 at Piedmont. She is extremely bright, an excellent surgeon, caring and thorough, and answers all of my questions thoroughly. I would highly recommend her on every level.