Dr. Amy Dedeke MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Oklahoma City, OK

2.2

November 9th, 2016
Don't see this doctor if you want compassion.
She is very condescending and makes you feel like you are crazy and just a waste of her time. Talks to you as if you are a child. I wanted some help finding answers not someone to talk to me in such a way that I left defeated and in tears. Worst experience with a doctor I have ever had.

June 12th, 2016
Ok, the few reviews that are good on here, absolutely came from her or a friend! Believe what you read on here people! She misdiagnosed me and said I was completely fine except a little swelling! Well, I knew I was not fine! I went somewhere else and I was diagnosed with RA, degenerative disc disease, scledermis, fibermyalgia and Lupus!!! I am at a specialty hospital clinic related to Another Medical center! It turned out I was indeed very sick and even hospitalized for a week because the steroid she gave me threw me, a type 1 diabetic into DKA! I was in ICU for 3 of those days. I have contacted an attorney. Run from this woman. I refuse to call her a doctor. Also, I never asked her for pain medication, but she kept saying,"I don't do pain meds". Ok, fine, I take Aleve lady! I told you that!!! The funny thing is, after my hospital stay, they could not believe I was not on anything else! They put me on fentanyl and oxycodone and my primary doctor referred me to pain management!!!! See you in court!!!

January 21st, 2016
This Doctor Has Behavioral Issues
Waited over 5 months to see this doctor - which is fine if I get appropriate treatment - which I didn't. The staff intake nurse stressed that Dr. Dedeke is one of the best doctors - so I thought great - get to deal with my joint/pain issues. When this doctor entered the exam room - she immediately took on an aggressive tone. She seemed to be angry that I did not bring medical records from previous doctors. Became insulting when I asked for injectable Methotrexate (prescribed pill form in past year that did not work - but years before the injectable did provide benefit) - she angrily told me that I would have to take the pills since it was in short supply (this was the case in 2012) and is needed by another class of ill persons (won't get into details here). Then she later muttered that Methotrexate would not work for me. No discussion about what would work. She refused to discuss my Psoriasis even though it is related to my joint condition. She continued to deepen her aggression - and would interrupt me during conversation and would talk over my attempt to explain my issues. She insulted me about about being disabled, like it was beyond her belief (even though she could see the unique anatomy in my hands). I have had doctors get on their own band wagon during an exam - but she was inappropriate in her behavior and lack of medical evaluation during the exam. I saw her in a YouTube discussion about her treatment practices - being caring, listening to the patients needs - none of this was present during my exam - a 180 degree change in behavior. Will not see her again.

February 18th, 2015
Very direct and truly wants to find the best solution for you.

January 28th, 2015
Rude, didn't even look at my sheet of symptoms.

December 10th, 2014
Needs Help
What exactly does she do except talk fast, tell you she can't help your pain even though wrists were swollen and my knees were equally as painful. No tests except the push pull thing then more talking. I barely spoke at all. She said "take hot baths". Told me she doesn't give pain medication. I DON'T WANT pain meds. Just something to stop the progression. I'm afraid walking may become a problem soon. $386.00 for office call to hear her talk to me like a child. I'm ten years older than her. I'm sick of aspirin. She needs retrained!!! Now find another Doc. Hope this one doesn't take 4 months.

September 20th, 2014
Rude and ignorant
I've never experienced a doctor's visit as horrible as the appointment with Dr. Dedeke.

July 21st, 2014
Stay away from this woman. I am 21 and, I had been having major pain in my neck and back for a long time and suddenly both of my calves kept doing what felt like pulling the muscles when doing simple tasks such as just walking across the room. This would make me immobile for months and it felt like every time i straightened my legs something in them was going to snap. they were painful all the time and i couldn't hardly leave the house and do things with my children, so my GP sent me to this Dr. to see if maybe RA was the cause or to just get another opinion. It took 4 months to even get an appointment and at that point i was really in serious pain. She comes in and looks over my blood tests and said "Well your RA count was normal, so why are you here?" I explained the situation, and she said "Well have you tried acupuncture or been seen by a chiropractor?" I said I had not and she asked why like i was a moron. I told her i was there because my GP told me it might benefit me. She said "Well I will do some xrays but, I don't think we should waste anyone's time, and I don't think there will be reason for me to treat you. With that I left and waited for the xrays. three weeks later I get them back and while there was minimal arthritis, two of my discs in my lumbar spine were degenerated causing narrowing of the spine. i called her office and they acted like this was totally normal and she will go over everything with me at my next apt. in three months. I cried and explained how badly this was affecting me and she pretty much said there was nothing she could do, the dr. did not see it as urgent enough. I told them to shove it and called my GP. she saw the xrays and ordered a MRI immediately and had me schedule an appt with a pain management dr who specializes in spinal issues. When the results came back he explained to me that because of the discs and narrowing of my spine on both sides, it was crushing the nerves to each leg and we needed to get the pressure off immediately or the nerve may be damaged and that cannot be reversed. He fixed it of course, but if i had waited for her 3 month follow up I would be permanently paralyzed. The spine Dr was appalled and noted that an RA specialist should have easily put those symptoms together and are trained to handle these situations. She is terrible and almost put a 31yr old in a wheelchair for life. Stay away from her.

July 17th, 2014
Not sure what she does.
If you want to be talked down to, interrupted constantly and made to feel like you are faking your issues, this is the Doc for you. I left and sat in the hall for a period of time wondering, what just happened? Was told she was the best. Not sure how that got around. I've never had a Doc talk so much and listen so little. It seemed as though she was simply collecting an office call fee. Very odd visit. Now, I start all over after waiting a very long time to see her. Not sure if she likes her job. Sad No stars for this Doc.

April 5th, 2014
Don't waste your time.
I was in the worst pain in my life and willing to try absolutley anything that would help me. I never asked her for pain medications of any kind, I only asked her to help me. She constantly interrupted me, was very rude to my mother and me, and did bot listen. She treated me like I was a complete waste of her time. She would ask what my symptoms were each time I saw her and before I could finish telling her all my symptoms, she would interrupt me to say "I cant help you with that"...she asked my symptoms buf then made me feel like I was an idiot who was not worthy of her. This doctor is not only a horrible doctor with horrible bedsidd manner, but not a very caring or patient person. I always left in tears and frustration EVERY time I left her office.

March 19th, 2014
Yesterday was my fifth and last appointment with Dr. rudeness. My experiences with this Dr. has led me to leave her office either in tears or completely dumbfounded on what just happened. If a condescending attitude, being interrupted when you are speaking and being made to feel like your an idiot is ok with you, than schedule an appointment. I for one will not be treated horribly by her again.

February 27th, 2014
Dr Amy Dedeke
The first I time was bad I was in a lot of pain, but the next time oh my!!! I love Dr Amy. I do agree she the dr to see if you want to protect your joints, if your looking for pain drugs go somewhere else. Getting in hard but worth it she the best !!