Dr. Amy Dunbar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

March 16th, 2016
Rude, ruined my birth experience
Dr. Dunbar ruined my birthing experience by constantly looking at the clock and trying to get my perfectly natural progression to speed up. She was rude and had no idea how to help me naturally deliver. She was not my doctor, but the on call. I will never see this group again because of her.

March 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Dunbar for several years. She makes me feel very comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. She asks great questions, gives me a heads up about things to think about, and makes me feel like she cares about me as a patient. Because I'm young and healthy, I can get through my exams fairly quickly, which is always a relief. I've never been pregnant, so I don't know what that experience would be like with her, but right now I feel like I'd trust her to be my doctor if/when that time comes.

January 14th, 2014
If you are looking for a new obgyn, LOOK NO FURTHER!
Dr. Dunbar is so knowledgeable and compassionate. You will never feel rushed at her office. She always gives you the time you deserve and answers any questions you have. Her entire staff is friendly and makes you feel comfortable.

March 20th, 2013
Finally a place to review
I have been Google searching Dr. Amy Dunbar since the birth of my daughter in April. The Facebook drama has finally put this woman on the map. I'm so glad her true colors have finally shown! I started as a new patient, so I hadn't met her before getting pregnant. I left every appointment upset. (looking back it was not the hormones) From 6 months she insisted I would need a c-section. I didn't! Not just a casual mention, every appointment was all about the dreaded c-section! Delivery- waited over 30 mins with my baby in the canal for the diva to arrive. I was not late to my appointments! She then was rude to the nursing staff who had provided the best care of my life... Finally, as she's sewing me up. (TMI I know) "Well I can't see a thing" Turns off the light & tells me congrats & leaves. I enjoyed every moment she wasn't around. Will not be delivering my second.

February 27th, 2013
MD
Dr. Dunbar is very kind, however, is not well versed in high risk issues.

February 8th, 2013
Great Doctor
I understand Dr. Dunbar is under fire for some comments she made on her facebook page. Maybe people think she is unfit to be a doctor. While I don't condone her comments (although I do understand her frustration), she has been a great doctor for me for a couple of years, and I plan to stick with her. I'm not particularly fond of OB-GYN visits, so I appreciate how Dr. Dunbar gets through my check-ups quickly, while still being thorough. I'm a young healthy woman, so there's not much to talk about. She worked with me to find the best medications for me and was helpful when I thought I needed a change. I have emailed her through My Mercy several times, and I always get a prompt and helpful response from her/her staff. I'm particularly impressed with how familiar Dr. Dunbar is with my medical information and my online correspondence with her office before she comes in the room.

Worrying conduct
She doesn't respect patient privacy and enjoys so much the removal of a genital part that she posts it on her facebook page.

February 2nd, 2013
wonderful physician, caring and professional!
This physician is absolutely wonderful and not any of what these hags are posting on here. None of these people have even met Dr. Dunbar, and it is disgusting that random strangers would put someone's life and livelihood on the line, that she worked so hard to achieve. It is one thing to be against circumcision, but entirely something else for a gang of hags from a misleading page called "Parents Place" to post a bunch of nasty comments about a person they have never met, nor have they gotten to know. Get a life, you pathetic losers, and don't try to cost someone else their hard work and dedication because you obviously have nothing better to do. Good Lord, attacking a person because you don't agree with circumcision? Don't even say it has anything to do with HIPAA because if she said "so happy to be a doc that leaves boys intact," you would be salivating and raising her up as a hero. You are like a pack of wild dogs and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Concerned Mom
I have to wonder about a doctor who is on facebook while prepping for surgery, who is willing to joke around about a mother loss and who acknowledges patient wait times of two hours plus and encourages them to play on their kindle and "just relax."

No respect
Has no respect for clients.

February 2nd, 2013
Cannot believe she calls herself a professional
How can anyone in a position of trust (like an OB) go out and discuss people's stillbirths on their facebook page, and think that is ok? What about the circumcision she is doing? Maybe our medical "professionals" should be keeping their minds on their job...part of that job is being professional and keeping private medical info private. This woman does the whole profession a disservice with her lack of ethics. And people wonder why the general public is turning away from mainstream medical practitioners and back to traditional healers, if for nothing else, at least the empathy, and trust.

Poor choices
Posted terrible things on her public Facebook page on how exciting it was to circumcise a newborn baby. Her friends joked along. She's making a ton of money of these procedures. Please, educate yourself! Doctors only know the the American textbooks teach them.