Internists
12512 Lake Ridge Dr
Ste D
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-497-5555
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 1st, 2013

I have finally decided to leave Dr. Friedenthal's practice. On my last 2 visits to her office I was there for 4 hours. She is late to the office every day even though her patients arrive on time, and then she seems rushed and unorganized. She loves to talk about things non-medical. She lacks time management skills. She also doesn't wash her hands between patients and carries her laptop computer from room to room. Her staff is always courteous. Dr. Friedenthal seems to be more interested in what to charge my insurance company than my healthcare needs and I don't feel that she really cares. It makes no sense to spend at least half of your day at her office waiting for her, very frustrating!

May 20th, 2013

After being a patient for almost five years, I finally had to part ways with Dr. Friedenthal. I think she's a great doctor. I always found that she spent time with me and listened when I had questions. And, her staff was always good to me. Unfortunately, her tardiness started to overshadow those plusses. My first few years as a patient saw a wait time of around a half hour. Not great, but manageable for me. Especially, since I liked her a lot. But, over the years that wait time started getting longer and longer. Not because the patients ahead of me needed extra time, but because the doctor started arriving later and later. I finally had enough after four attempts at a follow up appointment, which I had to keep rescheduling because she was hours late or didn't show up at all. I must give kudos to her staff for having to deal with patients whom I'm guessing gave them earfuls everytime the doctor was "On her way."

by Adina F. on Apr 2nd, 2013

Don't waste your time or money visiting Dr. Friedenthal. We have been a patient of hers for years and the service has gotten worse with each visit. She is always one to two hours late getting into the office and at times doesn't make it in at all and calls the office to send the patients back out after you've waited more than two hours to be seen. It took her A MONTH to give us results of lab work and we got the results after going in to inquire about it and the results turned out to be bad needing immediate attention! I believe she is a good doctor once you see her but she has no respect for the importance of your time. How can a doctor treat your medical needs if she can't even treat her own medical needs. She can barely walk due to her weight and that is the reason why she is always late and behind with her patients. There are many professional and more knowledgeable doctors that will respect your time and money.

Sep 26th, 2012

Expect to wait at least 2 hours - every time. She is very thorough, but doesn't schedule her appointments accordingly, so she gets "backed up" after one patient. Also, and this is in no way meant to be mean, but it is very hard to take advice on weight loss from someone her size.

Mar 10th, 2012

Spends enough time with patient, listens to patient's concern. She informs patients immediately of lab results and other testing results. Staff is very responisve and easy going about scheduling appointments. The entire office is very cooperative. Nice office atmosphere, friendly.

|  Not worth a 2 hour wait  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

I believe that the long wait to see Dr. Friedenthal is not because she spends so much time with each patient, but that she either 1) schedules too many appts at the same time or 2) shows up late and then gets back-logged with patients. I have scheduled first thing in the morning appts and last in the day appts and have never gotten to see her in less than an hour. This morning, I had a 10:00 a.m. appointment, and when I got there I was told by the staff that they were hoping that she would be in within the next 45 minutes. She does not seem to care about time at all. When I have gotten to see her, she spends a great deal of time talking about anything other than patient medical-related issues. Also troubling, fair or not, is that she has a serious weight issue, and she herself does not look healthy. Furthermore, we have had issues with incorrect billing that she and her staff took months to resolve.

|  Great Doctor Well Educated In Her Field  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2011

there is a wait to see Dr Friedenthal but she is always very complete and does call back when there is a problem visiting her you don't feel like a chart but a doctor we definately need more of

|  She Cares  |  show details
May 1st, 2010

Dr. Friedenthal... cares about you and your health. She takes the time to know what your issues are and see what she can do to diagnose and treat

|  Issues  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

She is often late the office and I had to leave because she wasn't on time. I know this is not fair...but her weight is troubling. It's hard to take advice about controlling my weight when your doctor is 500 pounds.

|  Dr. Friedenthal is an excellent physician  |  show details
by Dan Walczuk on Mar 19th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Friedenthal for several years now and although the wait sometimes can take a while I find that she is giving time for patients to express their concerns and ask questions. I find other doctors always rushing you to get out.The carpet needs replacing but the staff has always gotten referrals, prescriptions and other information out very quickly. I am confident that when I ask the staff to do something for me, it will get done.As I have talked with other specialist around the DC Metro area there is a great deal of respect spoken for Dr. Friedenthal. When I was in the hospital and waited hours for the staff to get a procedure done or medication as soon as Dr. Friedenthal got there I got everything that I was supposed to have(except good food).I appreciate Dr.Friedenthal and the work that she and her staff does. I am very satisfied with her professionalism.

|  Kind, Good Listener  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2010

Have never had a problem getting an appointment; staff is efficient and pleasant at all times; spends more than enough time with me; is good at explaining problems and willing to listen to patient's input. All in all, a caring, intelligent, up-to-date doctor. Her willingness to spend time with each patient contributes to longer waiting times, but isn't this what we want from physicians?

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2009

While the wait can be lengthy, I believe it is caused by the thoroughness that typifies Dr. Friedenthal's examinations. I have never felt rushed and have had ample opportunities to discuss my medical problems. She has welcomed my input and is willing to consider suggestions. She has been very informative and responsive to my questions. I find her extremely approachable with a wry sense of humor. All in all I am quite pleased. I just make sure to bring a good book.

by Mrs. S. Guthrie on Nov 24th, 2009

I have been a long time patient with this doctor. Unfortunanely I never have a chance to see her.When ever I try to get an appointment she is never available. I haven't seen her in 2 years because she's never available for appointments. I am always told to wait until the following week for an available appointment or go to Urgent Care. What a waste of my time and insurance money . If I didn't have a job, maybe I could wait around for her schedule.