Family Physicians
102 W 8th North St
Ste A
Summerville, SC 29483
843-871-9440
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Gail Bolz on Mar 17th, 2014

Dr. Black is an awesome doctor give her five stars. You may have a little bit of weight but it's worth it she takes her time with you.

by SkG on Feb 26th, 2013

I truly like her as a physician. I felt like she listens and cares. However, she was ill and out for an extended period of time & the office staff there is so horrible that I was left with little direction. It became impossible to see a dr in the practice. My test results were not communicated/followed up on properly. I really felt abandoned and unsure how to proceed with my health care. Which is such a shame b/c I trust Dr. Black. The wait times are rather long though. I'll be looking for another dr for my family.

by Suzanne Vincent on Jan 19th, 2013

Dr. Black filled every and all qualifications in what I was looking for in a doctor. She takes her time with each patient, and really gets to know you. Her diagnosis has always been spot on with myself and my family. She is wonderful with children, so I would highly recommend this office for your baby and toddler as well. Great staff and great follow up care too.

|  Fantastic Caring Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

Dr. Amy Black is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. She spends the amount of time necessary with each patient. I know that when I go to see her, she truly cares about my well being. She possesses a very uncommon trait in the medical field today, and that trait is common sense. I realize she is criticized for wait time, but Dr. Black spends whatever time is needed by the patient. Never have I ever felt like I was being rushed out the door. I truly do not understand some of the petty criticisms noted in the reviews.

|  Worth the wait!  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Although the waiting room time can at times be long, when you get in to see Dr. Black , she will spend whatever time is needed. She listens and is very thorough. I have every confidence of being under her care!

|  I am sorry she is ill, but  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

While normally an excellant doctor, I feel that I have just been thrown to the wolves as far as my care goes due to her recent illness. There is no direction from the office staff and the NP is fine for minor things such as a cold, ect, but when you have a really concerning issue I have been just left out in the cold I don't know what to do. She is seeing limited patients, but I cannot figure out how to see her. I guess after 6 years as a patient I am not important. I will look elsewhere for a physician

|  Love her!  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr. Black is worth the wait time. She always makes me feel like my visit is important--and doesn't try to rush. She explains everything thoroughly and has a great staff!

Apr 23rd, 2012

Dr. Black has alway spent more then enough time with me. She listens to you. She actually seems to care about your everyday life and problems. She talks to you not at you. She just seems to be more caring than most doctors I have seen.

|  Poor Follow Up  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

On more than one occassion, Dr. Black has not followed up with serious medical issues that needed to be addressed. The office manager is in need of a personality, and there needs to be some communication set up between everyone. Lacking in communication.

Dec 6th, 2010

Poor follow up when prompt response is needed.

Jun 30th, 2010

This doctor is friendly but there is a GREAT non-communication between the staff and the dr. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.Tests results return and are filed without the dr so much as seeing important results.Not a good doctor, cannot think outside of the box.

|  You are in luck!!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2010

Shes just the best ever!! I love her! Great with kids, great to talk to... Shes amazing!

|  Very caring  |  show details
by William Eury on Aug 31st, 2008

Seem to be very interested in my well being.Does not over perscribe meds.or tests.