inactive

Amy Black MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 10th, 2014
Is a fantastic clinician, but
I have been a patient of Dr. Black for 8 years. Since her illness it is impossible to get in to see her. After seeing the PA for the same illness 3 times in one month I called and was told that there was nothing available to be seen by Dr. Black period. Either be a physician or not. Don continue to pass your patients off to others.

March 17th, 2014
Dr. Black is an awesome doctor give her five stars. You may have a little bit of weight but it's worth it she takes her time with you.

February 26th, 2013
I truly like her as a physician. I felt like she listens and cares. However, she was ill and out for an extended period of time & the office staff there is so horrible that I was left with little direction. It became impossible to see a dr in the practice. My test results were not communicated/followed up on properly. I really felt abandoned and unsure how to proceed with my health care. Which is such a shame b/c I trust Dr. Black. The wait times are rather long though. I'll be looking for another dr for my family.

January 19th, 2013
Dr. Black filled every and all qualifications in what I was looking for in a doctor. She takes her time with each patient, and really gets to know you. Her diagnosis has always been spot on with myself and my family. She is wonderful with children, so I would highly recommend this office for your baby and toddler as well. Great staff and great follow up care too.

August 28th, 2012
Fantastic Caring Doctor!
Dr. Amy Black is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. She spends the amount of time necessary with each patient. I know that when I go to see her, she truly cares about my well being. She possesses a very uncommon trait in the medical field today, and that trait is common sense. I realize she is criticized for wait time, but Dr. Black spends whatever time is needed by the patient. Never have I ever felt like I was being rushed out the door. I truly do not understand some of the petty criticisms noted in the reviews.

August 3rd, 2012
Worth the wait!
Although the waiting room time can at times be long, when you get in to see Dr. Black , she will spend whatever time is needed. She listens and is very thorough. I have every confidence of being under her care!

July 12th, 2012
I am sorry she is ill, but
While normally an excellant doctor, I feel that I have just been thrown to the wolves as far as my care goes due to her recent illness. There is no direction from the office staff and the NP is fine for minor things such as a cold, ect, but when you have a really concerning issue I have been just left out in the cold I don't know what to do. She is seeing limited patients, but I cannot figure out how to see her. I guess after 6 years as a patient I am not important. I will look elsewhere for a physician

May 9th, 2012
Love her!
Dr. Black is worth the wait time. She always makes me feel like my visit is important--and doesn't try to rush. She explains everything thoroughly and has a great staff!

April 23rd, 2012
Dr. Black has alway spent more then enough time with me. She listens to you. She actually seems to care about your everyday life and problems. She talks to you not at you. She just seems to be more caring than most doctors I have seen.

April 18th, 2011
Poor Follow Up
On more than one occassion, Dr. Black has not followed up with serious medical issues that needed to be addressed. The office manager is in need of a personality, and there needs to be some communication set up between everyone. Lacking in communication.

December 6th, 2010
Poor follow up when prompt response is needed.

June 30th, 2010
This doctor is friendly but there is a GREAT non-communication between the staff and the dr. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.Tests results return and are filed without the dr so much as seeing important results.Not a good doctor, cannot think outside of the box.