Dr. Amy Giedt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Giedt?

Posted on March 23rd, 2010

Dr. Giedt was very professional and personable at my first visit with her. She explained the whole process prior and during the exam, which made the pelvic examination comfortable. Several times during the visit, Dr. Giedt would stop and ask if I had any questions or concerns. My first visit with her left a remarkable first and lasting impression of her. I would go back to her for future obgyn services in a heart beat.

Generally a bad experience

Posted on March 4th, 2010

This doctor is probably really good for Pregnancy and Birthing but I went to her for yearly check ups and birth control and I was not very happy with the treatment I received. She was not present for my first 4 appointments because of prior engagements elsewhere. After that my appointments with her were rushed and uninformative. I am at high risk for blood clots because of family history. This information never seemed to be recorded or remembered, along with information such as allergies and previous prescriptions she had prescribed to me. She was the one asking me which medications she put me on in the past and when I didn't remember one, I asked if she had a list or record of past birth control, and there didn't seem to be one. Birth control prescriptions were random at best, I was put on both Yaz and Ocella even though I am high risk for blood clots. A close family member recently suffered a blood clot due to hormone replacement therapy. I let the doctor know this on my last visit and I was informed that the new medicine I was put on along with the new developments in family history would make me a higher risk for blood clots. When I asked what I should do, I was told to continue taking the new medication and "keep my eyes open" for a blood clot. As I said before, I cannot rate this doctor from as an Obstitrician, but my experience with her as a Gynecologist was lacking to say the least.

Excellent caring doctor

Posted on October 27th, 2009

We had our first baby and we have been with Amy since the conception through delivery(Oct 22, 09) and after delivery care.She is very competent and is very understanding and caring towards her behavior with us. We will recommend her very highly.

Posted on August 16th, 2016