Dr. Amy Burgett MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Savannah, GA

• Good
  • Bad

April 15th, 2013
Great bedside manner, takes the time to listen an solve the issues. She's always been there for me.

June 22nd, 2012
Love Dr. Hughes Burgett
I switched to Dr. Hughes Burgett from a male gynecologist last year and learned more about my body and menopause in 10 minutes in her office than I'd learned in almost 20 years in the old docs office.She just did a hysterectomy on me Monday and was thorough and present during my time in the hospital. Her bedside manner is great and she really cares about her patients.

April 17th, 2012
Saved my life
I love Dr. Burgett. She took over my care after having my daughter. I had hypertension, edema and severe anxiety and depression. I find her to be a calming, trusting provider, who shows genuine concern for me at every visit.

November 10th, 2011
Unprofessional
I had a really terrible experience at Dr. Hughes' office. I went in having severe pain in what I thought was my left ovary. It had been occurring for weeks. She basically told me that the only possibility was that I had PID caused by gonorrhea or chlamydia. I knew that it was impossible for me to have an STD unless my fiance had cheated on me (extremely unlikely) but I had the tests done that she suggested, anyhow. I had my blood taken by a woman who appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (the same woman who had me do a urinary sample in a paper cup earlier! -totally unhygienic and unprofessional. How could you possibly get clear results from an open/contaminated cup?) I was really uncomfortable and pretty nervous having my health needs taken care of in such an unprofessional setting. If this was the stuff I was seeing, I didn't want to know what I wasn't seeing. Anyway, after my visit, I started taking the medicine that Dr. Hughes prescribed for the PID that she suspected and it made me really sick. When I got my test results back I- surprise, surprise- had no STDs. I talked to Dr. Hughes on the phone and told her I was going to stop taking it since I obviously don't have gonorrhea or chlamydia let alone PID and that the medicine is making me sick, so much that I could do little but lie in bed. (And this was during finals week, when I had to be studying and working the most.) But Dr. Hughes told me NOT to stop them. I couldn't believe it. She said that maybe I do have PID but without having the STD, which contrasted what she said before- that PID is only caused by STDs. Then she said that it's really rare but possible for me to have PID without an STD. I asked her to explain and she was unable to. She just said some sort of bacteria could have caused it. I kept asking how the bacteria could have gotten there or why, but got no response.So basically, she told me to keep taking medicine for something that I didn't have when it was also making me really sick. I was desperate to get better, so I actually tried it. It didn't work. When I went in for the check up, Dr. Hughes said that maybe I should go see a gastroenterologist. Another shot in the dark. Also, I don't know if this is customary in the south, but she had her receptionist schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist for me, which I suppose is a nice gesture, but it was totally unauthorized by me. How could they possibly know my schedule? I got a sudden call to confirm an appointment I hadn't made, and it for a time that was completely inconvenient for me. I didn't even plan on going to a gastroenterologist. What I needed was a more professional gynecologist who knew what they were taking about. (And one who didn't allow their nurse practitioners to be under the influence at work.) Also throughout my experience with Dr. Hughes, there were several times that she gave me information that contradicted information that I had been given by previous, respected gynecologists that I'd had. When I'd ask her to clarify something, she would simply repeat herself and not get into any more depth. I felt all my questions were left unanswered.I just would not ever go back to Dr. Hughes. It really was an awful experience.Oh, and her office has taken months to bill me. I keep calling and they tell me they "just sent it out" which is obviously untrue, since I've received no bill as of now.

January 2nd, 2011
Bad experience.

January 20th, 2010
Dr Huges removed a cycst and ovary. I could not be more pleased with the overall experience and professionalism she displayed. She took as much time as needed to answer any questions I had. I never felt rushed and she really left me feeling at ease through the process. I highly recommend her!

June 22nd, 2016