inactive

Amy C Kang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 9th, 2014
Irresponsible
I too, presented with severe abdominal pain and could not see my regular Dr. and was scheduled with Dr. Kang. Long story short, I had an ultrasound and it was suspected I had endometriosis ( though one cannot know until actual surgery ). She was matter of fact and said "Go on the pill or get pregnant" !?! Seriously?!? That was it, never explained anything and NEVER suggested that surgery was an option. WORST of all, I had several very large (plums size!) uterine fibroids that she NEVER EVEN MENTIONED or addressed! They were right there in the unsound findings! She was in such a rush, it didn't even occur to her to mention those or the fact that surgery was DEFINTELY needed for 1) the unbelievable pain I was in or 2) in order to get pregnant!!!! I am thoroughly disgusted, the height of irresponsibility of this Dr. and the sloppiness and lack of even mentioning surgery is incomprehensible! She is truly out of the dark ages of female medicine. I have since shared my experience with other Dr's I have seen and they have all indicated that yes, her behavior and handling of my case was inexcusable. Shame on her. I have also sought second opinions and have had surgery, life changing surgery, to remove the fibroids and the endometriosis, I am pain free now and able to conceive! God forbid, what if I had listened to this Dr. Do not go to this Dr.! Seriously, not even mentioning huge fibroids in the report?!?

January 31st, 2011
Excellent!
Dr. Kang is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She is kind and thorough. She is professional and friendly. She has performed surgery on me twice and I have the utmost confidence in her abilities. She is the OB/GYN I would go to if I had any problems.

Disturbing pattern....
I went to Dr. Lang because my best friend who was pregnant, told me about her. We had very VERY different experiences with this Dr. and from reading the reviews, both on this website and others, there seems to be a pattern emerging. As long as you are having a baby you will get great care from Dr. Lang, if not, like myself, you will get rushed and brushed off. My expierience was similar to other reviewers, rushed, no time to answer any real questions. So much for female doctors being more in tune to a woman's needs!

Unprofessional, Uncaring, Rushed
I had severe and sudden symptoms of what has now been actually diagnosed as Endometriosis. I was unable to see my regular doctor (in the same practice) so I saw Dr. Kang. Dr. Kang said It is probably endometriosis I asked what could be done and her response was You can go on the pill or have a baby as she sat there 7 months pregnant herself. That was it! No actual tests, No explaining anything, I asked about any other options and she repeated herself You can go on the pill or have a baby. I could not believe it.I have since learned that one must have laparoscopic surgery to definitively diagnose Endo and that it is very important to get it diagnosed properly otherwise the symptoms could actually be something far more serious, but just blamed on Endo.I have since gone to another Doctor, had surgery and am living pain and symptom free.Thanks Dr. Kang for nothing and FYI, I will have a baby when I want, for the right reasons, not just for a short term cure. Uncaring, unprofessional and I am wondering if uneducated. I would go out of my way to keep anyone from seeing Dr. Kang!

Unprofessional, Uncaring and Rushed

July 26th, 2010
Very compassionate doctor
Dr Kang was wonderful to work with. She delivered all three of my children and everything went great. At this point she feels like part of the family. My sister in law, and several of my friends also go to her.

October 16th, 2009
Dr Kang is a very warm and caring physician. She delivered both of our kids and we couldn't be happier with our experience.

June 28th, 2009
I FELT RUSHED WHEN SEEING DR KANG. SHE WAS IN AND OUT OF THE ROOM IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS. SHE DIDN'T ASK HOW I WAS DOING OR ANYTHING. I HOPE NOT TO SEE HER AGAIN AT THIS PRACTICE.