Dr. Amy King Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy King?

September 19th, 2017

Great doctor!

Dr. King is one of the best doctors I've ever gone to. She is very knowledgeable and caring. She will spend time with you and you never feel rushed. I only gave 4 stars for ease of appointment because she is such a popular doctor who a lot of people want to see, so it can sometimes take a while to get an appointment with her. If you have something urgent, though, she will get you in very quickly.

September 8th, 2015

I went to Dr. King for hormone imbalance/possible perimenopause symptoms with itchy and burning vaginal opening. There was no medical reason for this condition that could be found. She basically said there was nothing wrong, but I should start to eat a low carbohydrate diet to minimize my other symptoms of perimenopause (fatigue, weight gain, etc.). Went to another gynecologist and she didn't have any "miracle cure" either (which I wasn't expecting since there was no bacteria or fungal infection found), but she did say that this complaint is fairly common among women of all ages and it is generically diagnosed as vulvadynia and tried a few remedies on me. Nothing really worked, but I did figure out some techniques for minimizing the discomfort. Dr. King was nice but definitely not worth the 2 month wait to see her. She didn't have any special insight for my difficult case.

July 20th, 2015

My OBGYN retired and I went to see Dr. Amy King. She was absolutely fantastic, I cannot say enough good about her and her staff. They were professional yet made me feel so comfortable, discussed all my issues in detail and her staff followed up within the next week with my results.

November 12th, 2013

Best Doctor Ever!!!!

Dr. Amy King is amazing. Of course no woman ever looks forward to this yearly appointment. Dr. King makes it tolerable. She is pleasant (but firm) ex. Go get your mammogram! Actually knowing that I would delay my yearly visit, her assistant would start calling early to make sure I actually came in. Moving away from Myrtle Beach and my wonderful Dr. makes me sad. And yes, I am past due for my yearly visit. I miss her.

August 10th, 2012

Such a caring doctor!!

I am so happy that I found Dr. King. She is the most caring doctor I have ever encountered. She genuinely takes an interest in what you have to say and takes the time to give you thorough explanations. I never feel rushed or uneasy during my appointments. In the past year, I've had a significant weight loss and I attribute this to Dr. King's wise advice...she's the best!!!

June 28th, 2012

Fabulous doctor!!!!

My daughter and I are both patients of Dr King. I have been a patient for several years. She is compassionate and caring---always listens!!!! I had my daughter begin her visits last year at age 18. Dr King was wonderful with my daughter! She was kind and took a lot of time with her since it was my daughter's first visit to an gyn. She made my daughter's first visit very comfortable. I am extremely happy with my care and the care of my daughter.

May 20th, 2012

Wonderful!!!!

Dr king is a wonderful caring person who makes you feel so comfortable during a visit.i highly recommend her.

February 21st, 2012

She is a wonderful doctor!

Granted that there is sometimes a moderately long wait time, but the flip side of this is that she will spend as much time with you as you need. She is very intelligent and really seems to listen and care about what you say to her as a patient. I am a critical care nurse who is also married to a doctor and hence have quite a bit of experience with all kinds of doctors in all kinds of situations. I highly recommend Dr. King.

July 6th, 2011

great listener

Dr. King is prompt. She's extremely compassionate. Takes her time with me, is a great listener. AND she loves dogs! What more can you want.

October 19th, 2010

I loved this doctor but unfortunately also had to deal with the office staff. I was never able to get through to a nurse when I had problems and follow up calls took up to two weeks after continuing to call for answers. I finally had to get my Family Physician to get results on my mammogram and bone density tests. It's unfortunate because she was very good and I even mentioned my issues with the staff to her and there was no interest in hearing my complaints.

July 26th, 2010

Absolutely fantastic caring doctor - never rushes you and you can see that she truly cares about her patients.

January 17th, 2010

Dr. King and Dr. Roberts performed smart lipo on me on Thursday afternoon and it is now Sunday and I am up and out. They performed the surgery without any pain. They are the best doctors and very down to earth. I recommend this surgery with these professionals. They are the best!!!! Like sisters!!!!