Dr. Amy Kosches MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 14th, 2016
Great doc
Great doctor. Professional, understanding, and accommodating to her patients individual needs.

May 26th, 2016
Incredible. Prompt. Thorough. Caring.

February 8th, 2016
Dr. Kosches is a wonderful doctor who makes sure her patients are cared for in the best possible way. She is very sweet and compassionate.

August 2nd, 2015
Wonderful, Helpful, Caring, Accurate Diagnosis
I have been going to Dr. Amy Kosches once a month for 12 years. I have the utmost confidence and trust in her! Every month I tell her how I am feeling and I always feel extremely comfortable doing so. She encourages me and changes my meds as/if needed. She is spot on with her diagnosis and medicines. She will not put you on a medication that is not needed! I have seen complaints online. People go in to see her and ask for Xanax or other medications THEY THINK they should be taking people get mad.She is not that kind of doctor. If you are serious about your mental health and need help PLEASE go to her. ADDITIONAL PERKS I never feel rushed in a session Along with medications she prescribes, she gives tips/mental exercises to help you deal with things (like OCD/anxiety/panic attacks). She has never ran late for my appointment The same front desk staff has been there since I started 12 years ago. They are very knowledgeable, helpful and compassionate.

March 27th, 2014
The BEST!
Seeing a psychiatrist is such a personal and important thing. I felt I was in great hands as soon as I met her. She really listens to what you have to say. I don't feel rushed and feel she truly cares about her patients. She thoroughly explains any medication she prescribes including expected effects and the approximate time frame to expect them. I am so happy I found her.

February 10th, 2014
Excellent
Dr. Kosches is absolutely wonderful. I have been seeing her for almost four years now and that is a record for me. Normally, I do not get along well with psychiatrists, but she is completely different. She always cares about me and what is going on in my life. Whenever I have a medication change she explains to me how the medication works and what side effects her other clients have experienced most frequently. I trust her 100% and know she always has my best interest in mind.

January 13th, 2014
No, no, no, no. Just don't.
I read quite a few awful reviews for this Doctor on another site, but I decided that since she was so close and convenient I was going to give her a try anyway. I got tired of Doctors complaining about whatever insurance I had so I decided to be a cash patient because my psychiatric care is really important to me. I wanted to be a highly regarded patient for once. So in scheduling my initial appointment I gave all of my details, all of my medications, my history etc to her receptionist, I was told that I would be called back if I were to be accepted as a patient. 2 days later I get the OK and schedule my appointment. I arrived for my appointment promptly and detailed my recent treatment and where I was hoping to go with future treatment. She became suddenly indignant saying she could not prescribe ADD medication because it's controlled. She would only prescribe it in small amounts. I am only talking about Concerta/Ritalin here, not anything hard-core like Desoxyn or pain meds. I told her I could not continue go to a doctor who was afraid to treat me... She said "You should have called to check if it was OK first." Hello, what was all that pre-appointment phone tag for? She's useless as a doctor. Don't bother. She's afraid of her own shadow and will never properly advocate for her patients. I let her keep my $250 just for Rx's for that month and left in tears. So apologized and said "Don't cry" but I'm never going back. What a waste of time and money. I should have listened to the reviews - you should heed my warning and listen to mine.

November 16th, 2011
A LIFELINE FOR ME
Not everyone works well with every doctor. I need honesty and suggestions, both of which were given. Dr. Kosches was wonderful and has thrown me a lifeline more than once.

September 30th, 2011
excellent doctor. Was very ill and she got me in immediately and treated me with dignity. I have been to other doctors who were just willing to throw meds at me without figuring out the deep rooted problems.

April 16th, 2011
Like Talking to a Friend
Very friendly and easy-going. Staff is extremely conscious of patients' special needs. Doctor seems like she really wants to fix the problem (and not just get the patient in and out of the office). Very open minded to suggestions. She can seem harsh at times, in a tough-love sort of way. I would recommend Dr. Kosches to anyone who has been looking for a doctor who more like a very smart big sister.