Dr. Amy Illescas MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Birmingham, AL

February 28th, 2017
Fabulous Doctor
As a first time patient, I was a little frustrated with a front desk staff member, and the wait time, but Dr. Illescas followed up and personally apologized for the wait time. Overall, I am satisfied with this office. Staff is friendly, thorough and Dr. Illescas is amazing!!! Highly recommend. If you have to wait to see her it is so worth it!

January 24th, 2017
Horrible experience!!!!! Will never go back!!!'
Went in for the flu. Not a new patient. Sat in the waiting room for an hour bent over with fever and body aches. Finally brought back to a room for another hour before a staff member even checked on me. The staff was pre occupied having a pizza party with a pharm rep. Never saw Dr Bently. Walked out after two missersble hours. Staff was rude and condescending. Will never go back. This team does not belong in public service. Walked in at the Narrows Clinic, in and out in an hour.

January 9th, 2017
Avoid!
Was a satisfied patient until the last visit. She stood in the doorway and chewed my head off!! Did not even come in the room to examine me. I will never be returning,

January 6th, 2017
Wonderful and caring Physician
I have been seeing Dr. Illescas for 10 years and have always found her to be a true professional.

January 2nd, 2017
Very thorough, listens,
My daughter and I both see Dr. Amy. She is very thorough and listens attentively. I believe her to be aggressive in her treatments and no nonsense. I like that. She has also offers alternative treatment to try. Once she talked to me on the phone for over 10 minutes brainstorming on an approach to my daughter's care. My only complaint is the length of time it takes to be seen.

October 27th, 2016
Did not like at all! Rude, not friendly and impatient. First visit and did not plan to go back. However, two days later after my visit , I received a letter that said she was terminating patient-physician relationship. Asked why I received this and was told, by law, they do not have to disclose to me. LoL. Maybe an attorney could get this disclosed.

September 13th, 2016
Sanctimonious B
I went to see Dr. Bentley after relocating to Alabama from another state and I needed a new primary care physician. I was trying to get back on my mood stabilization medication (which is not a narcotic or controlled substance) and she was highly recommended by my colleagues. I was honest with the nurse about my medical history (I am a recovering addict.) I wait over an hour in an exam room between the time the nurse leaves the room and Doctor Bentley comes in. When Dr. Bentley came in the room she told me she was hoping that I would've just left on my own so she wouldn't have had seen me since I was just there to "Dr. shop." I was immediately offended by this as I hadn't even had a chance to discuss the REAL reason I was there with her, she was going by my medical history and her preconceived notions. At that point I started crying because I felt like she was criticizing and labeling me before even taking the time to talk to me about why I was really there. Then after I started crying she accused me of getting hostile! Then she asked me to leave since i was being "hostile" and berated me as she ran me out of her office!!! I had no plans on EVER even attempting to return after being treated like a degenerate solely based on her prejudiced and biased ASSUMPTION! All of this happened because she didn't even ATTEMPT to take the time to talk to me! Then two weeks later she sent me a letter in the mail about how she was not going to be able to treat me as a patient!! I guess the only upside to this whole thing is that she didn't try to charge my insurance for the visit! Please do yourself a favor and avoid this irrational and sanctimonious woman at all costs!

August 23rd, 2016
Office staff incredibly rude and crooked. Billing practices are unethical as you will be billed for your annual checkup that is covered 100% by your medical insurance. If you do not have to work for a living you can get an appointment but she started leaving at 3pm. I am at work by 6:30 am and do not get off until 4:30, I do not have the ability to get in now. If you have any type of regular medication she will make you come back every few months for refills (I am talking about non controlled prescriptions). Not only do you have to come back every 3 months you also have to see her to get the prescription refilled. Not a Nurse Practitioner. If you have to keep going back just to get a prescription refilled then they are making a ton of money off of you and your insurance company.

August 19th, 2016
Angry Bird
Dr. Bentley has to be one of the most unprofessional and angry Physicians in the world. She threatened me for no reason, her exact statement was, "get out of my office before you catch a load" not even sure what such an ignorant statement means but this lady has some serious, serious issues. All because I asked the nurse how much longer. Anyone with this much angry and violent spirit should not be working with people.

July 29th, 2016
EXCELLENT Doctor and amazingly kind staff!

June 14th, 2016
One of the worst experiences I have ever had
The office staff is rude and the you have to see four "medical" staff members for every visit. The initial nursing staff doesn't even know how to take proper blood pressure; often 30 points off from what I get at home or at the clinic where I work. Dr. Bentley loves to show off her "30A" status, often wearing beach t-shirts or even flip flops. She is completely non collaborative and argumentative. I haven't seen her in a year, I have a new Dr. at St. Vincent's now (I am prompted to write this because my college roommate just saw her and thought the whole practice was a joke). God help you if she refers you to her "friend," an obese rude cardiologist who is just as uncaring and frankly slovenly. Trust me, Total Care 280 is just "Total Billout 280."

May 31st, 2016
Dr. Amy Bentley Illescas is wonderful. She explains everything in detail and spends the time with you that you need to understand your health plan. She is excellent and so is her staff.