Dr. Amy Johnson MD Patient Reviews

3.3

no change

June 22nd, 2016
Find Another Doctor
I was assigned to see this dr through the ER. When I called for an appointment they refused to make me one. When I called another dr. They informed me that dr. johnson had to take me because of the ER assignment. I didn't have a terribly long wait time. I found her staff friendly and helpful. At first I thought I was going to like her. That all changed very quickly. When I rejected her stance, MANY times, that I was a perfect candidate for a surgery. I wanted alternatives which she was obviously not wanting to offer. She began to dismiss me and basically wouldn't discuss treatment for some other problems I came in for. She had she would prescribe me 3 things. I was to have blood drawn before I left. I basically had to guess where to go to have my blood drawn. I expected my prescriptions to be waiting for me at the checkout window. They weren't and I had to wait 10 min to get one of them. I waited another 20 min and finally asked for them to be called in. She only had one called in and when I got it and read it I realized I couldn't even take it because of another condition I have. I never got the other prescription. I had to call them to find out about the blood work results. Come to find out they didn't order an important test. I went back in to have more blood drawn. They wanted me to sign a paper saying I would pay for it. I told them no. That was why I had insurance and it was their fault I had to come back in because they didn't do their job right the first time. I walked out. Now I'm learning that the ONE prescription she did give me isn't helping at all but has made my condition worse. I highly recommend you pass on her and find someone else.

September 23rd, 2015
Highly Recommended
Delivered both of my boys. Amazing care.

May 13th, 2013
Will not be going back
She's ok if you want to get in and be seen quickly. But she doesn't seem to want to actually take the time to talk to her patient about what they are going through. I literally had to stop her from walking out when I clearly wanted to ask about changing some of my medication due to side effects. What I needed was a sit-down and consult, so I would only recommend her for the "routine" things.

March 7th, 2013
Best doctor EVER!
My husband and I absolutely love Dr Johnson! She came in on her day off to induce me so we could have our leap year baby! I have been going to see her for years and have never had a bad experience. :-)

December 23rd, 2011
Worst doctor ever!
I went to see her for my first pregnancy. She kept telling me that everything was great until my gut told me that something was not right. I decided to see another obgyn and she immediately recommended me to take a special ultrasound. The result showed that my baby had a severe heart defect...I don't know how come Dr. Johnson could miss that. When we came back and talked to her about the result, she showed no compassion or sympathy and acted like it was not her responsibility. I was really disappointed in her. It was easy to get an appointment with her but the waiting and her professionalism were terrible. I would never recommend this doctor.

March 24th, 2011
Although an excellent doctor, the wait time is awful and she is very unapologetic for over booking and making you wait. When I said something about the wait, she said "I have waited up to six hours for a doctor before." So the wait and rudeness factor has made me seek another doctor for yearly exam.