Dr. Amy Mclaurin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 2nd, 2017
Excellent patient care
Dr. McLaurin has been my 88-year old mother's endocrinologist for many years now. I attend all appointments with my mom, and Dr. McLaurin has always been cheerful and friendly, but also thorough in her exams and in providing specific details regarding Mom's condition and treatment. She ask about Mom's other medical issues and the current status of those at each appointment. She schedules for labs to be drawn one week prior to our office visit, and explains the lab results at our appointment. If there is something very wrong with the labs or something that requires immediate attention, her nurse will call me when the results are received rather than waiting for the upcoming appointment time. Dr. McLaurin also has consistently taken the necessary time to answer any questions and explain details as needed during our appointment. I have never felt that she rushed through any appointment we've had with her, and I've been attending the appointments since 2012 although Mom has been her patient for many years due to her medical condition. In addition, Dr. McLaurin performs herself the bi-annual ultrasound needed to determine progression of disease and explains to us what she is seeing in the process. She also stays abreast of new developments in endocrinology and gives us that information when appropriate for Mom's condition. Our wait time with any Piedmont Health Care physician varies depending on patient needs at the moment and any emergencies, but I can honestly say that we've never waited more than 15 minutes before being called for Mom's appointment. I highly recommend Dr. McLaurin.

June 27th, 2011
Dr Mclaurin really didn't act like she was concerned about my health. She would take a long time to come back to the room and then she would talk so much you couldn't get a word in. If you ever had a question she would never call back. The nurse would always call back hours later and wouldn't have answers. The office looked very dingy like it needed to be cleaned.