Overall Review

April 6th, 2011
i trust dr muchow and like having her as my dr

October 26th, 2010
Lousy care all around.
This dr. does not have a shred of courtesy for her patients. The wait time in her office is ridiculous as well as waiting for her to do rounds when I was hospitalized. My husband had to make a call to the head of the Hospital (Beaver Dam, WI) to get her to give us a reason for my hospitalization. She did her rounds on the first day of my hospitalization at 2:30pm which caused any diagnostic tests to be done late in the day which caused my being kept over for another day. I believe if she would have done her rounds in the morning (7am) my diagnostics would have been done and I would have been sent home that day. Instead, when she came in the 2nd day she hadn't even looked over the diagnostic tests. She flipped through my chart and when asked, "How did the tests come out?" She replied, "I geuss I don't know yet." She said she would have to have a nurse run down the results. And so I stayed another day in the hospital. When all was said and done I had a bad case of stomach flu. What a trip. Needless to say, she is no longer my dr. And the Beaver Dam Hospital is no longer my hospital. I could write a book on the lousy care in the hospital. I did follow through with complaints to the hospital and the state concerning dr amy munchow. Result: the dr's are "contracted" by the hospital and so they can bring concerns to them, however they can not insist on change of any kind. Further, they can't take action against the doctor for discipline. The state said that they can't take any action against the dr or the hospital unless the problem was documented. When I was left to sit in my own urine overnight................it was not documented. (no action could be taken). When an inferior nurse took my blood pressure in such a way that she blew the IV needle out of my hand and I was sitting with a pool of blood at my feet///////////////////no action taken by the state because it was not documented. So the nurse that left me in my urine and blew out my IV is also the one who is suppose to document her inferior work. It won't happen and so it will go on.