Dr. Amy Nation DO Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

May 15th, 2015
She is always running more than 1hour behind, but if you show up more than 10minutes late, she makes you reschedule even if you have made the effort to arrive.

November 20th, 2013
Pompous and incompetent
I was a patient of Doctor Nation for five years and I noticed that she frequently misdiagnosed which wasted my time, money and bad for my health. We're all busy trying to make ends meet and raise a family so when you're sick you need someone who would take out the time to really listen to your ailment and give you good advise to recover fast. I found myself wasting time to setup appointments, sit and wait more than an hour in the waiting room with each visit and get prescriptions for medicine that did not make me better. I had suspected that she was incompetent for quite sometime and then I got confirmation once and for all. One time after taking the medication from Dr. Nation for 2 weeks and things were getting worse, I mentioned my condition to my son's doctor when I took him in for his appointment and found that the recommendation that this MD has given me was the opposite of what Dr. Nation provided me. What is even more evidence that she is incompetent is that the other doctor's advise worked after 2 days. And her staff, I had to come back twice to get my blood work done because they have misplaced my blood work the first time. Don't waste your time, money and health --you deserve better than this.

February 14th, 2012
Compassionate and punctual!

October 24th, 2011
Very professional and caring provider. Office staff is very friendly. Great practice.

October 10th, 2011
Dr. Nation is very caring & friendly. She lisens and is never in a hurry.

August 11th, 2011
very lovely office,very warm the staff was nice

June 24th, 2011
LACKING IN EMPATHY
Dr. Nation is quick to diagnose your problem, hurrying you through your visit as if she doesn't have time for you. If you question anything she says, she will bark it at you as if there could be no possible other answer. Most times when one is seeing a doctor for a special reason, it is stressful and it would be nice to have someone with a caring attitude that understands what the patient is experiencing. I have left the office in tears just from how I was treated. This only adds additional stress to a medical situation. After many years of using her as my gynecologist, I feel I must look elsewhere for someone who eases my mind and comforts me when it is needed. Sorry, but no more tears.

March 31st, 2011
Dr. Nation and her staff were hands down the WORST medical office that I have ever dealt with. Her RN nurse is a complete psychopath and Dr. Nation herself is unprofessional and not knowledgable. DO NOT go to Dr. Nation!!!

January 29th, 2011
Changing doctors after 11 years with Dr. Nation
I started seeing Dr. Nation when I was 17 years old and have been with her practice for the past 11 years. Up until the past year, I loved this practice. But in the past year, it has gone down the drain considerably (Pretty much since they moved locations).First, Len, Dr. Nation's WONDERFUL nurse abruptly left. Len was the most wonderful, caring, and thoughtful nurse anyone could ever ask for. She always had a smile on her face and you never felt judged for anything. Since she left -- there have been multiple nurses in her place -- some which lack the ability to measure the distance from a baby's head to a baby's heal accurately.Having an infant, I have had to call the on call a few times and it used to be that you would get a call back FROM a doctor at the practice (whether it be Nation, Block, Chase, or Smolen) within 15 minutes. Now you get outsourced to some other random doctor and half the time, they never call you back.This last time I called, the doctor told me to give my 6 month old an over the counter decongestant. When we asked what and how much, she (the on call doctor) said, "Just read the directions!" (Okay, lady -- nothing is sold for kids below 4 years of age.. Good help you are!) But that is the kind of "help" we get from on call, now.When I mentioned this to Dr. Nation she offered no apologies and simply said, "Well she doesn't work with children so she doesn't know." (Then why the heck is she telling us what to do? I could have over dosed my child!)The past 11 years Dr. Nation never gave me issues about refilling any kind of prescription. But now that I am breastfeeding, she refused to fill a much needed prescription. Instead told me to stop breastfeeding. Being in the lactation field I knew that this was unnecessary and provided her with the government website, "LactMed" and encouraged her to talk to Dr. Hale who is a leading professor at the University of Texas Tech School of Medicine and runs an Infant Risk Hotline for Pregnant and Nursing mothers to verify which medications are safe and unsafe to take. I also had actual medical studies indicating the risks (lack of risks) associated with the medicine that I was requesting she refill. She refused to even look at it and refused to call Dr. Hale, who she could speak to directly.It was very hurtful that she refused to look at my legitimate government and medical sources and treated me like an idiot instead. Just because she is a medical doctor does not mean she understands exactly how medicines (each medicine) affects the body and is processed. She is definitely not familiar with breastfeeding.When I told her I cut out dairy to help with my daughter's reflux she said, "Cutting out dairy does nothing. You need to eat dairy. That does not affect her reflux." When in fact, it does, and I told her this, if a child has a bovine/plant protein intolerance. (Besides, I can get vitamin D or calcium from other foods.) When a child has MSPI, they have colic-like reflux and what you eat can and does affect your child if they are super sensitive to it. I know this because I am studying to be a lactation counselor. Her inability to understand common breastfeeding concerns leads me to believe she shouldn't deal with breastfeeding families.After we discussed the reflux issue at this last appointment she said, "Well I wanted to start her on medicine a while ago but you were so against it." (Um, no. What part of screaming all day and night really sounds pleasant?) In fact, she told me to start solids and if that didn't work (because SHE didn't want to jump into giving an infant medicine if they didn't need it) to give her a call and we would start baby Zantac. Well when I did call up a week later she said, "Baby has colic. Deal with it." (And THEN had the audacity to tell me that SHE wanted to start medicine a long time ago??) Was she SERIOUS? Because her lack of interest, I had to make an appointment with a pediatric gastro doctor on my own, without a referral.I don't know what happened with Dr. Nation. Maybe she's burnt out and just doesn't care anymore. I have no idea.. but after 11 years, I am leaving and not looking back.I will go to someone who will not hand their on call duties to some random doctor who doesn't know their patients, someone who is more proactive in helping me diagnose my children, and someone who doesn't treat me like an idiot when I know something that she doesn't.It makes me sad, but I am not going to stay with a doctor that makes me so unhappy.

March 11th, 2010
Best doctor ever!!
Dr. Nation is hands down the best doctor I've ever been to. She takes her time with each patient, listens patiently and intently to every question you have, her bedside manner is wonderful, and I never hesitate to recommend her to everyone I know.

October 19th, 2009
DR. Nation
Dr. Nation is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. She takes the time to talk to you and you don't feel like you are being rushed so she can move on to the next patient. Since she moved locations and I also relocated it is quite a drive for me know but I feel so comfortable with her that I'm not going to bother finding another doctor.

May 25th, 2017