Overall Review

3.4

September 30th, 2014
Great experience
I was looking for a new doctor in the city and got a recommendation from a co-worker. Office was friendly, and I felt at ease. I was able to get a same day appt. Dr. Orloff explained everything to be in a way that was caring, and was very thorough. She helped me through a very difficult time, and was available for questions I had after the visit. A+

March 6th, 2014
Risky Behavior
Dr. Orloff uses the "wait & see" approach that goes like this: I visit to voice complaint. The doc schedules visits every 3 months, but never takes action on complaint. I restate my issue & need for relief. She restates what she always says, something like "Ok, that's something to be discussed later". Later, of course, never comes, but my bill goes up & up. Charges are never detailed & attempts at clarification is a strict no-no. Her prescription orders are all over the place. When I get lucky with a med that actually works, she refuses refill. She orders something else, but it has nasty side effects. I am told I must have another visit to talk about this. More days go by without any meds at all. My pharmacy has warned me too many times about incorrect dosages & contraindications. Her response every time is "Well, you're ok, aren't you?", missing the very point of writing Rx's. I prepare myself for a potential battle each time I call or visit. She is moody. My issues remain unresolved. Other issues come up over the years & the "Wait & see" process starts over. I can't play this game anymore. Four years after my first visit, I am exhausted & in worse shape than ever. It's the end of the line with Dr. Orloff so I must find another doctor & start from scratch. I don't understand anything about my care over the years & am mad at myself for not leaving much sooner.

August 28th, 2013
Terrible staff. Cold-hearted and unhappy
I would give this place a zero if I could. I will walk you through my experience with the terrible/cold hearted staff upon entering. First of all I had no idea that the office entrance had a set of stairs and unfortunately I had both of my kids with me in a double stroller. I struggled to carry the double stroller down the stairs as the staff peered through the window looking at me. One of the staff members was kind (?) enough to open up the door for me as I was half way down the stairs. I asked where the bathroom was to take my kids to go and the heavy /african american woman that works at the front desk told me coldly where it was without a smile. She seemed annoyed and bothered by my presence. I then am told that I cannot pay my co-pay with credit card as they only accept cash or checks. The heavy/african american gal told me, "We always let people know when they call to book appointments," glaring at me as if she was sure I was told. I said, "Nobody said anything about what kind of payment would or would not be accepted." She continues with her miserable glare. Then while I dial my husband's number on the phone she yells at me from across the room that I would not be able to be seen by the doctor without giving her the co-pay first. Not one smile from this miserable woman and not one word of kindness or empathy. I walk out of the office with the staff knowing and seeing that I have a double stroller and yet no one thought to get up off their buttocks to help me with it. I was nothing but kind this entire time to them and did not deserve this treatment. I didn't give them any attitude when that was all I was getting from them. I could not believe how I was treated. Please do go here if you don't mind being treated terribly and surrounding yourself with miserable people.

September 2nd, 2011
How can an office operate this way?
Who ever heard of shutting your phone off for lunch and just not working on Fridays? Those are exactly the times I need to have an appt or make a call. And when you actually get to speak to someone, they are rude and uncaring. I cannot believe they can operate in this environment much longer.

November 17th, 2010
She's great her office staff need some work
Receptionists and techs are kind of rude. Also calling in prescriptions is slow at best.

March 26th, 2010
The care is excellent. Waiting time is always good-the office is very efficiently run. Only drawback is the staff-they are unprofessional and lack courtesy and customer service skills. Other than that, I am satisfied. If you can deal with the rudeness of the staff-if you are thick skinned and not sensitive-you will be OK. If you expect hand holding and warm fuzzy courtesy you will be sorely disappointed.

January 11th, 2010
I am changing my doctor - because of the staff
I have never been so rudely talked to time and time again by any professional office. I want to change my primary just so I don't have to deal with these people. They close their phones from Noon-2:30 every day for lunch! So when the rest of us are sitting at our desks eating lunch we can't call and make appts. There is no voicemail, ever! And when you ask for something like a referel, you think you were asking for their kidney. They are not electronically hooked up to any system, so you have to pick up the referel in their limited office hours. See again the lunch part above. I swear the place makes me more ill and makes make blood pressure reach unhealthy limits every time I deal with them. But, with insurance these days, it is so impossible to get a new primary.

May 19th, 2009
Dr. Kurzrok is a fantastic physician. She's wonderfully personal and truly cares about her patients. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. While the office staff are rarely pleasant and often grumpy, it's totally worth putting up with them.