Overall Review

3.6

August 16th, 2016
Horrible staff- Jessica Lopez is a danger to patients well being
The secretary experience with Jessica Lopez was traumatizing and horrible. She was vile, untrained and should not be working in the medical field after my experience. Horrible doesn't even begin to explain. She was the most unprofessional secretary I have ever come across in a doctors office and is dangerous to patients health and well being.

October 28th, 2015
I am an existing patient Dr. Huang. The front desk staff are terrible. They are rude, obnoxious and they would not allow me to make an appointment until I gave them my entire medical history. I have been a patient of Dr. Huang's for over 10 years and just recently they said that they cannot make an appointment unless I tell them all of my medical information. The people answering the phone are NOT medically trained and they have no idea what to ask or what I was talking about so they kept asking more and more questions about my ailments, my medical history and the exact reason for seeing the doctor. This a HUGE violation of privacy and my medical history should be between me and my doctor, not the secretary! TERRIBLE

September 4th, 2015
Minimal small talk, but Dr Huang is always friendly, courteous and addresses any of my issues. I always knew I was in good hands from my 1st appointment til the moment she delivered my baby.

December 6th, 2013
TOO BUSY TO EXPLAIN CLEARLY
The dr informed me that I had a mild form of cancer which was not cancer. When I asked for clarification as to whether I had cancer she said no but didn't clearly explain how you can have a "mild form of cancer" that isn't cancer. I then tried to get more information on the lab tests that she had sent out and she rushed off the phone saying that this was not her "regular office hours", she had other patients waiting for her, and that she only called me back because I had called several times. Extremely insensitive. I will definitely not be going back to this dr.

November 7th, 2013
I loved Dr. Huang and went to her for 4 years BUT her new office on 37th is an absolute nightmare. They mis-billed me not once but twice. I spoke to a rude physicians assistant named Naomi who told me it was my fault for not knowing my coverage and then hung up on me. I have spoke at length with the insurance company who say it has nothing to do with insurance and everything to do with the way I was billed. My roommate had a similar experience and I am horrified because I have recommend a ton of people to Dr. Huang. I will never use her again. BEWARE. Unless you would like a $500 bill for your annual women's wellness exam.

October 14th, 2013
Long wait and poor atention
I called the doctors office to report that the baby's movements had decreased . I was instructed to arrive at 3:00 pm and Dr. Huang would attend my case. After more than 20 minutes of waiting , I went to the exam room where I had to wait another 20 minutes for the doctor appeared. There, the doctor noticed that exam room did not have the equipment required to monitor the baby's movements . So I did go out and wait another half hour . The doctor appeared again and told me the baby was fine and that he should stay another 5 minutes on the monitor. After five those minutes the medical assistant came the room told me I could go . I required the presence of Dr. Huang to explain to me if the baby was fine and what were the reasons that the baby's movements had diminished and also complain about the treatment of her secretary in the morning and the long wait. The doctor never let me explain that I'd had contractions the night before and also heard my complaint. She just said that on another occasion she would send me directly to the hospital where the wait was up to 10 hours . Thank God all is well with the baby but it was a very unpleasant experience.

August 20th, 2013
Keeps a good facade. Only concerned with having as many patients as possible so she winds up having 8 per hour or more. Couldn't remember my wife's name after 30 weeks then abruptly left practice trying to coax us along. She told us our health care would be accepted so we would stay but it wound up not being accepted! She was nice after that to cover her tracks...

July 7th, 2013
A wonderful doctor
Dr. Amy Huang is caring and knowledgable. That is such a rare combination in a doctor. She is practical and to the point. But she is also warm and thorough. Most importantly, she listens. During my pregnancy I had a scare. I had vaginal bleeding in the first trimester. She asked me to come in and stayed late to wait for me. She then took time to explain the situation. Of course I was freaking out and I needed all the reassurance she could give me. She didn't give me false hope but held me hand through the explanation. I'm almost due now. I've met her partners. But I'm still secretly hoping that she would be there for me.

May 19th, 2013
I feel lucky to have Dr Huang as my Obgyn. She is warm, caring, thoughtful, and responsive. She keeps up with the latest medical literature and takes the time necessary to talk to her patients and explain things in layman's terms. Unlike other Obgyns in NYC who I have seen, she has never pressured me into any medical procedures or specific approaches to childbirth.

May 12th, 2013
Current Patient
I just moved to New York when I found out I was pregnant. After some research I chose Dr. Huang and I am so glad I did. She was very helpful and informative to me and this wasn't even my first baby. Also with all the tests they run when pregnant she will personally call you with the results which is so much nicer than a nurse calling you. I really feel at ease and in great care with her. The other doctors I have seen in the practice have been great as well. I highly recommend her, she is amazing!!

January 18th, 2013
Great OB/GYN
She is a great physician in every sense of the word. Compassionate, knowledgeable and always available if any issues or questions arise.She delivered my first child via cesarean when I lived in the city. It was not my choice to have a c-section but it was the safest thing to do at the time and I was glad that she was the one to do it. There were no complications and my daughter is doing great. I liked her so much I decided to go back to her for my second child a year later even though I had moved to NJ. She was very supportive of my decision to go through with a VBAC and I was ultimately successful in delivering vaginally the second time. Very happy with the results and I plan to go back to her again in the future for my third child. Despite the commute from NJ to NY, I still think it is totally worth it. All the doctors in her group are great and the hospital stay was equally pleasant.

October 13th, 2012
Doesn't listen
She steamrolls over her patient, preferring to stick to her script. She guards her low c-section rate, leaving her patients in labor too long even when a c-section is clearly medically indicated. As a result, I lost half of my blood and almost died on the table.