Dr. Amy Porter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 2nd, 2013
Fumble
My impression is Dr. Porter and her office are too busy and/or there is a lack of compassion to properly handle difficult communications in a trustworthy, caring way. I am very disappointed that a physician who seemed competent and a friendly person, would "fumble" important communications with a patient. I was told I had endometrial cancer over the phone by an unknown caller (another physician she said) since Dr. Porter was on vacation. This mystery caller seemed clueless about my case, and very eager to get off the phone after the news was discharged in under 2 minutes. She referred me to a gyn oncologist at a non-working telephone number. I subsequently have not had any communication from Dr. Porter or the office even after leaving a message and requesting a copy of report be sent to me. What happened? It seems like a major fumble for busy physician who just moved on without any regard for the patient.

May 1st, 2012
Great Dr.
All of the doctors in the practice are great but Dr. Porter makes me feel very comfortable. I am one of those people that hate doctor's offices and hospitals and she makes the experience a little more tolerable. I am about to give birth in a few weeks and hope that she will be the Dr. to deliver my baby. You never know since it is a big practice. However, I do really like all of the doctors at Healthcare for Women.

June 8th, 2011
Great for C-Sections
Dr. Porter is a straight-shooter who spends time with patients and thoroughly answers all questions. Her C-section skills are amazing - my scar is tiny!

January 31st, 2011
Dr. Porter did an excellent job explaining the findings with me in layman's terms. She carefully explained both the risks and the benefits to treatment. She was respectful and professional but also very warm and friendly. I will recommend her to my friends, especially anyone over 50 with menopausal issues.

August 23rd, 2010
Excelent doctor.
Dr Porter is excelent as a doctor, as a specialist and as a woman who understands and helps other women's health of all ages. She is working WITH you and not ON you, treating you as a person and not as a subject. She was very attentive while listening to me and explained the reasons for the treatment she was advising. I trust her diagnosis and feel lucky to find her. I would recommend her to any woman of my age (50+). Also the nurse (Tanya ?) working with Dr. Porter in Virginia Hospital Center is very helpful to facilitate communication/follow up with the doctor.

May 23rd, 2010
Not so bad Not so good.
She is OK OK. Not very interesting doctor who wish to look at the problems of the patient.Doctors see lot of patients but patients dont. So i wish they take utmost care of patients rather than just being a professional doctor with her routine duty

December 29th, 2009
Dr. Porter is compassionate and supportive in her care and takes the time to make you feel well cared for. She has never rushed me during an appt and has always explained things completely. I recommend her enthusiastically.

July 30th, 2009
Dr. Porter
very caring, and knowledgable. Great doctor!