Dr. Amy Potter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

November 6th, 2010
Disapointed...expected more from Vanderbilt MD
Our MD referred us to Vanderbilt after our child was dx w/hypothyroidism. Waited three months for appointment and I did call several times to see if anyone had cancelled an appt.The office was out of date. The lab was VERY small could only hold two chairs. Also, had another child getting blood drawn at the same time as our child. No stretcher for a pt that gets light headed or passes out when their blood is being drawn(our child does). I was told she would call me ASAP after blood work results. After waiting a week and very worried I called and was told I was suppose to call her(when would I know when the results came back). We were told to come back in six months and would be seeing a nurse practioner. Our MD sent us to a MD Specialist therefore we will not be returning. I don't have a problem w/nurse practioners, but not for this!

December 10th, 2009
Good Doctor - Staff Needs Work
Dr. Amy Potter is a super doctor. She is kind and caring and personable. She explains things well and makes you feel comfortable even when hearing bad news. Her office, however, needs alot of work. Phone calls are not returned, wait time is long, the office staff are not friendly. We have had several situations where we left voicemails for nurses and never received a return phone call or vital information was not communicated. For example, after our last visit, my daughter's medication was changed to a higher dose (by the nurse practitioner, not Dr. Potter) and we were never notified. We didn't find out until our refills ran out and we called for a new Rx. If she needed a higher dose, then that should have been communicated and called in right away; not 5 months later when the refills ran out on the previous prescription.